PDA

View Full Version : Is the combat still satisfying?

Deklan
Oct 5, 2006, 08:54 AM
So forget the story, character creation, number of bosses and stuff. I had the most fun in PSO just fighting the guys in Forest 1 and 2. So my question is: Is the combat still satisfying?

If you're a good player, can you still beat up a lot of monsters 5x stronger than you? You know, knock them down at the right time, walk back, repeat. Do the weapons feel like they're doing real damage? Pushing them back and stuff?

Or has the game changed radically, adapted to the WoW crowd?

Saner
Oct 5, 2006, 08:56 AM
the comabt looks 3x better than before.

Parn compared PSO and PSU battles very accurately, mentioning PSO now feels like combat for toddlers compared to PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-10-05 06:56 ]</font>

Deklan
Oct 5, 2006, 09:29 AM
That's awesome, man. Thanks.

happy_peanut
Oct 5, 2006, 09:31 AM
I did combat in extra mode I never played PSO but i have played ALOT of games online but PSU by far has best combat ive seen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

watashiwa
Oct 5, 2006, 10:24 AM
"Is the combat still satisfying?"

.. I came!

happy_peanut
Oct 5, 2006, 10:32 AM
lolz womg

Tomeeboy
Oct 5, 2006, 10:36 AM
The combat in PSU can take a little getting used to at first, due to everything that has changed since PSO (such as the added strafing, new weapon palette, photon additons, etc.). Once you get the hang of it, I think it is much more enjoyable than the combat in PSO. There is more to just running into a room and firing off 3-burst combos until everything is dead.

foamcup
Oct 5, 2006, 11:20 AM
On 2006-10-05 08:36, Tomeeboy wrote:
The combat in PSU can take a little getting used to at first, due to everything that has changed since PSO (such as the added strafing, new weapon palette, photon additons, etc.). Once you get the hang of it, I think it is much more enjoyable than the combat in PSO. There is more to just running into a room and firing off 3-burst combos until everything is dead.

Dude, the Admin himself descended from on high to......take the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say that, lol. When using melee weapons, you can change your target in the middle of a combo, so if a monster dies on the second hit, you can keep going on the one next to it. Weapons will be doing 6+ hits in a combo once you get the Photon Art leveled up.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 5, 2006, 01:17 PM
Adapted to the WOW crowd? That crap would never happen with this game.

Anywayz, PSU should definitely be satisfying in terms of gameplay, and difficulty. And it's still fast paced, so battling really shouldn't get dull.

Genobee
Oct 7, 2006, 07:31 PM
On 2006-10-05 11:17, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Adapted to the WOW crowd? That crap would never happen with this game.

Anywayz, PSU should definitely be satisfying in terms of gameplay, and difficulty. And it's still fast paced, so battling really shouldn't get dull.

The combat in WoW is just as easy if not easyier then PSO

Xeraphim
Oct 7, 2006, 07:52 PM
From all the videos I've seen, combat has become much more interactive than the simple one-two-slash, resta cast, repeat. A more intricate combo system was one of the main things I was sad to not see in PSO, but Photon Arts seem to be exactly what I wanted.

And yeah, combat in WoW is fairly basic with the exclusion of a few boss fights in certain dungeons which required for certain things to happen. But, whatever. lol

adamgnome104
Oct 7, 2006, 08:35 PM
From the videos I've seen, it looks completely fun.

I don't know how I enjoyed PSO when I took a look at how better PSU is.

Rizen
Oct 7, 2006, 08:38 PM
Combat is hella fun, far greater than PSO. With PA for cool action animation and new techniques, it keeps you moving moving moving! It wont get dull anytime soon. Only the enemies.

Kismet
Oct 7, 2006, 08:45 PM
Yep. Exactly. You can never get bored, because not only are the combos/moves/effects entertaining to watch, but they change or get more intricate once you become a higher level. (Around 30, I believe? I think they even upgrade even MORE later on from that.)

We'll never be bored! =D (Except with the mobs, I do agree.)

OsF
Oct 7, 2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I just can't get over how its how the PAs rival that of dothack. Only you could only use the twin blades on that. I am really looking forward to this

Mag_Launcher
Oct 7, 2006, 10:06 PM
Well, if shooting an enemy with a handgun while moving as you close the distance to finish it off with some saber beatings from your other hand isn't satisfying, I don't know what is.