PDA

View Full Version : Two fast questions to importers.

Umi_Ryu
Oct 5, 2006, 11:44 AM
Hello.

I am going to play on the japanese servers as soon as I get the game, I play offline for now, but I wonder about a few simple things.

First, how can I input hiragana and katakana ? I am using an "azerty" keyboard, I can switch to "qwerty" and then used japanese with "Alt+~".
But on PSU, at least on character creation, it does not work. Is it disabled for character creation or have I to do something else than just "Alt+~" ?

Also, I saw there was two set of servers called "World". Until now I thought I had to choose one of them for all my characters. But I saw a diagram showing the servers.
Now, I wonder if I can make four character on each world or only four on only one world ?

Thank you for your answer(s).

Kou-Diacyper
Oct 5, 2006, 12:06 PM
I don't understand you don't have the game but you're playing offline? What version of PSU are you using?

Umi_Ryu
Oct 5, 2006, 12:14 PM
Well, something that can't be discussed here, but played it for like a week or two and ordered the official version, just used it for trying the gameplay and the customisation and was thinking about stopping after a month.

Kurushii
Oct 5, 2006, 12:21 PM
The keyboard question...um you'll have to configure the Text Services and Language Options for that. You can only have 4 characters for each world. Meaning a total of 8. You can't swap characters from one world to the other. So if you play on World 1 and wanted to start playing on World 2 you'll have to start new characters on that server.

Zephyr_
Oct 5, 2006, 12:28 PM
You probably dont have it set to the JP keyboard when PSU first starts. You should hit 'Alt+Shift' first when PSU is up and running, then 'Alt+~'.

The servers are seperated by worlds. World 1 and 2. World 1 is where alot of the US importers are, so you might want to play there mainly. But the worlds are seperate character data and such. So your character on world 1 cant be played with your friend on world 2. And vise verse. However, you technically get 8 characters with this.

Hope this helps o:.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zephyr_ on 2006-10-05 10:28 ]</font>

Umi_Ryu
Oh, ok, thank you.

Hm, time to think about my future characters look, even if I think I already know what I want as main character.

Umi_Ryu
Edit : Oops, double posted ><

Answer to Zephyr_

Thank you for the information, I think I will start on World 1 and maybe move to World 2 when I will have a descent level in japanese language (I am student in japanese language and culture, it is why I want so much to come on japanese servers and to have the ability to use japanese characters)

I will try first to try your solution, since it seems more practical for me and then changing my computer language if I still can't.

PS : I think Newmen are more like elves than cats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umi_Ryu on 2006-10-05 10:34 ]</font>