PDA

View Full Version : girl characters and weapons

CpwninOBrien
Oct 5, 2006, 01:28 PM
do you give away more stuff to girl characters???

Zael
Oct 5, 2006, 01:31 PM
lol psow

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 5, 2006, 01:35 PM
Females in the online world equals a male player wanting something pretty to look at all day.

Mazoku
Oct 5, 2006, 01:37 PM
I am a girl and I found way too many people I barely knew giving me stuff in PSO. I never acted like I wanted anything, and I wasn't flirty. It actually offended me in a way. If I wanted the things they were giving me, I was perfectly capable of earning them on my own. It was a bit insulting.

RamenEater
Oct 5, 2006, 01:39 PM
I know some females that actually play guy characters because of situations like yours Mazoku.

happy_peanut
Oct 5, 2006, 01:39 PM
I dont take items froms guys BUT if they wanna help me farm to find an item im all for it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ryogen
Oct 5, 2006, 01:40 PM
I don't even give my sister stuff, why would I give anyone else anything. If they are in my guild, if I know them well enough, if I trust them, I will give my stuff to anybody. I have a form of trust to the point that I would feel giving them somthing that I know that they will repay me back in the end. Male or Female, Male alt or female alt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-10-05 11:40 ]</font>

darthplagis
Oct 5, 2006, 01:42 PM
im all up for equal ops so the lazy MOO's cam get off their cellulite filled butts for a few hours and get the stuff themselves, geez we give them our money, time and attention and what do they give us back???? ear ache, aggro, pleas for our newly aquired freshly unsealed legit TJS! hehehe im only joking ladies but seriously if you wanna have cool items then play the game and find them dont rely on pubescent boys to give there stuff to pretty newearls.........mmmmmmmmmmm pretty newearl wanna see some puppys? LOL

happy_peanut
Oct 5, 2006, 01:45 PM
whats a Newearl anyways?

n ima be a cute lik Newman omg shes so cute cant explain n ima work hard for meh stuff but i will also help my friends get stuffs

CherryLunar
Oct 5, 2006, 01:55 PM
No... I give stuff away to friends if anything.

chibiLegolas
Oct 5, 2006, 01:57 PM
On 2006-10-05 11:37, Mazoku wrote:
I am a girl and I found way too many people I barely knew giving me stuff in PSO. I never acted like I wanted anything, and I wasn't flirty. It actually offended me in a way. If I wanted the things they were giving me, I was perfectly capable of earning them on my own. It was a bit insulting.

Thank you. No self respecting PSO gamer would take free stuff from strangers. If I were to get free stuff I'd like to think it's cause we've been friends and I'd owe you one. Not cause I'm a poor, weak, newbie girl.

Though I have to admit, I did keep a short, fat, HUmar character just to avoid situations like this. And whenever I forget that I was playing my HUmar, and my teammates hear me on the mic, it's amousing to see them ALWAYS mix me up with the token RAcaseal or HUnewearl in the game. Oops. Blew my cover...
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

DrizaSiegmund
Oct 5, 2006, 01:58 PM
On 2006-10-05 11:45, happy_peanut wrote:
whats a Newearl anyways?

Since Phantasy Star Online human females are humarls, newman females are newearls and cast females are caseals. Beast females remain inbetween.

Rizen
Oct 5, 2006, 01:59 PM
I give stuff away to anyone so...meh.

happy_peanut
Oct 5, 2006, 01:59 PM
oh ={ i never played PSO

DrizaSiegmund
Oct 5, 2006, 02:02 PM
So Rizen's the reason people run around going 'giv item plz' xD

Rizen
Oct 5, 2006, 02:04 PM
On 2006-10-05 12:02, DrizaSiegmund wrote:
So Rizen's the reason people run around going 'giv item plz' xD

Yes, Im the perfect example of why people beg for items lol.

Alisha
Oct 5, 2006, 02:05 PM
im not above accepting gifts just dont expect anything in return other than perhaps friendship.

Eclavdra
Oct 5, 2006, 02:06 PM
I never give or beg for stuff from strangers!

When people try giving me stuff I'm like 0.0 and don't take it.

Cigaro
Oct 5, 2006, 02:07 PM
I only accept handouts if it's a good friend or I'm getting something I really need, like healing items or something like that. I also would accept money in PSO for the same reason, but apparently money actually MATTERS in PSU.

Mwabwetumba
Oct 5, 2006, 02:36 PM
Only people with afros (male and female) will be worthy of my gifts.

EJ
Oct 5, 2006, 03:11 PM
i give to those that have a droid with a fro ;3

Mwabwetumba
Oct 5, 2006, 03:12 PM
Waow, thats me!

CherryLunar
Oct 5, 2006, 03:17 PM
On 2006-10-05 13:11, EJ wrote:
i give to those that have a droid with a fro ;3

FROcast ftw!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c380/CherryLunar/frocast.jpg

Mwabwetumba
Oct 5, 2006, 03:19 PM
Il show you FROcast... once I get the game:P

McLaughlin
Oct 5, 2006, 03:30 PM
I earn every piece of equipment I use. I expect others to do the same.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 5, 2006, 03:37 PM
Free items!? where send them this way. whether the item is given to me by a stranger or earned from a drop its the same to me. im still gonna be playing none the less.

Krltplps
Oct 5, 2006, 03:55 PM
I treat everyone I meet online as if they were an overweight 35 year old male......Unless proven otherwise by meeting them irl. Ventrilo helps.

Cry0
Oct 5, 2006, 03:56 PM
Hell yeah, but that's because I'm a gentleman http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Scirrocco
Oct 5, 2006, 03:57 PM
I only give stuff to people i know pretty well. Drops are different though. When something drops it goes to the person who needs. If theres more then one they can fight over it. I don't give things to people just cause they are (claim to be) girls.

crazyrobot
Oct 5, 2006, 04:08 PM
when i still played PSO, most of the time ppl would only give out things for free that were either worthless/everyone had/or not very desirable.
I always had to trade something else to get any item I wanted this is where spending massive hours of mag farming came in handy for me.

McLaughlin
Oct 5, 2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah well...in my dying days of PSO I used an AR code that allowed me to contiunually feed my MAG. Coupled with the infinite item usage AR code it made MAG raising cake. I never gave them out though. Nor did I ever use it to make a rare/gain a level. That's a line I'll never cross.

Sinue_v2
Oct 5, 2006, 05:10 PM
I am a girl and I found way too many people I barely knew giving me stuff in PSO. I never acted like I wanted anything, and I wasn't flirty. It actually offended me in a way.

Well damned if you do, and damned if you don't then... I used to have a lot of supposedly "GIRL" players get pissed at me because I wouldn't shower them with attention and give them "bonuses" like first dibs on dropped items or stuff of mine that they wanted.

I'd give stuff to friends, and some of those friends happened to be girls - but boobs don't give you a free pass to sort though my junk and take what you like.. and using them as such is certainly no way to get on my friend's list. Want get free stuff from me? Do your job on the team, and do it well enough for me to want to come back and play again.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 5, 2006, 05:57 PM
I treat everyone equally. I give things to those who give me something or help me in a big way.

Natrokos
Oct 5, 2006, 07:16 PM
I don't really give anything to anyone unless they're deserving in some way....Or if a beggar asks for a small amount....

Ryoten
Oct 5, 2006, 07:30 PM
If I have a lot of stuff that some friends who need it, then its their. But only for a limited amount of time.

Forever Zero
Oct 5, 2006, 07:48 PM
I voted hell no cause I'm a girl myself. I stick with playing guy characters. It has made my online experience a heck of a lot better because It's so nice to not get that attention. Plus, I like my guy characters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

When I was a HUnwearl back in PSO ver 1 I used to have like 5 guys who constantly bothered me through simple mail. It got to the point where I couldn't even enjoy the game. I'd be in a Dark Falz battle and my mail would beep like 8 times. If I didn't answer them in a reasonable amount of time they'd get all pissed. :/ So.. then I pretty much made a HUmar after that and that put a stop to the emails. They all thought I was a brother or something playing on the same account. XD

Ryoten
Oct 5, 2006, 08:04 PM
On 2006-10-05 17:48, Forever Zero wrote:
I voted hell no cause I'm a girl myself. I stick with playing guy characters. It has made my online experience a heck of a lot better because It's so nice to not get that attention. Plus, I like my guy characters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

When I was a HUnwearl back in PSO ver 1 I used to have like 5 guys who constantly bothered me through simple mail. It got to the point where I couldn't even enjoy the game. I'd be in a Dark Falz battle and my mail would beep like 8 times. If I didn't answer them in a reasonable amount of time they'd get all pissed. :/ So.. then I pretty much made a HUmar after that and that put a stop to the emails. They all thought I was a brother or something playing on the same account. XD

Nice move. I not that type of guy to keep pestering people about simple stuff. So if you become friends with me online, you can look up to me as a big brother or something. Just say hi to Ryoten when he's online.

Sinue_v2
Oct 5, 2006, 08:09 PM
LoL @ Ryoten

Now see.. I'm a guy.. and most of the guys in this topic haven't been invited to be friends with anyone else in this thread so far. Yet when a girl posts.. bam.. "Oh, I'll be your friend online, and I promise I won't be too intrusive like the others were!"

No offense Ryo.. I don't mean to single you out like that, but I just find it funny.

Drops are different though. When something drops it goes to the person who needs. If theres more then one they can fight over it.

Straying a bit from the topic - I always used to do my rare hunting offline, and I could care less what dropped online. I don't like that sudden burst of competetiveness and hard feelings in the middle of a supposedly cooperative game. Ususally I'll call only a single item which I've been looking for (usually Photon Drops, since noone seemed to want those) - and anything else that drops is fair game for everyone else. Sometimes that works, most of the time it doesn't.

I PSU, we won't get the oppertunity to rare hunt offline - so I think I'll be playing in rooms which have random item distribution pretty much by default. If the team wants to divy up the treasure by greatest need at the end of the game - I'm down for that... but I don't expect it to happen as the norm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-10-05 18:14 ]</font>

Natrokos
Oct 5, 2006, 08:12 PM
Sinue are you saying you need a friend? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue_v2
Oct 5, 2006, 08:17 PM
No, I'm saying it's funny that a girl posts about hating all the attention she gets by playing a female character - and then in the next post she's getting attention from a guy who wants to be her friend.

It's just funny.

Trust me, I had plenty of friends online with PSO. I played a support FO, and I played it DAMNED well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Natrokos
Oct 5, 2006, 08:24 PM
^ It's to be expected though.....It happens in every online game.....

P.S. Forever Zero, will you be my friend? <sarcasm>

McLaughlin
Oct 5, 2006, 08:35 PM
No one gets special attention in my camp. You earn your keep.

Ryoten
Oct 5, 2006, 08:38 PM
On 2006-10-05 18:17, Sinue_v2 wrote:
No, I'm saying it's funny that a girl posts about hating all the attention she gets by playing a female character - and then in the next post she's getting attention from a guy who wants to be her friend.

It's just funny.

Trust me, I had plenty of friends online with PSO. I played a support FO, and I played it DAMNED well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I see what you're saying. lol. But I only just played pso online one time so I really don't know what goes on. Well for me I'll be in my room after I killed something, earned a S-Rank weapon, & watch my shop earn money. I wouldn't have time to try to stalk people with all the fun within the game.

Katrina
Oct 5, 2006, 08:43 PM
If there is a weapon / item I like, I would rather find it myself then have some guy hand it too me simply because I'm a girl. Hunting and finding that elusive rare or special item, and the excitement it brings, is a big reason why I play the game in the 1st place.

McLaughlin
Oct 5, 2006, 08:58 PM
On 2006-10-05 18:43, Pixiesugar wrote:
If there is a weapon / item I like, I would rather find it myself then have some guy hand it too me simply because I'm a girl. Hunting and finding that elusive rare or special item, and the excitement it brings, is a big reason why I play the game in the 1st place.

You hit the nail on the head. I can take pride in knowing everything I use I found. No horny dumbass looking for "butt secks on t3h intarwebz" just handed everything to me on a silver platter.

Alot of my friends play as females for that very reason. You can take Runescape as a prime example.

Strider_M
Oct 5, 2006, 09:12 PM
I usually give away stuff to people that need it... and it's usually stuff I already have or don't like to use...

Like If I pick up a really powerful wand... and I'm an Hunter... I'll just give it to the Force... unless they don't want it... then I'll pawn it...

Pengfishh
Oct 5, 2006, 09:27 PM
It's best just to assume everyone on the internet is a guy.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Oct 5, 2006, 10:20 PM

I find this very funny, because although I'm a guy, I played a huney... And of course, I had guys mailing me left and right thinking I was a girl... But when my brother was playing as his ramar on the same account, the people would pester him looking for my huney. Finally, my brother would say something along the lines of "oh, sorry, HE is not around right now". At which point, they would be embarassed for persuing a guy, and we'd never hear from then again. I always felt bad, because my brother would have to deal with these obnoxious kids.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Non-Toxic-Crayons on 2006-10-05 20:22 ]</font>

Merumeru
Oct 5, 2006, 10:26 PM
XD oh yah i cant wait for all the attention and free stuff, happens in every MMO, and while i do believe there are handfuls of sensible people know better than to give out stuff in hopes of attaining some sort of cyber-booty, there are possibly more fools willing to part with their mesetas at the sight of boobehs~ XD guys are funny sometimes

McLaughlin
Oct 5, 2006, 10:27 PM
When I saw a HUnewearl, I defaulted to "dude, it's a dude." unless I knew otherwise.

Though I did have to deal with retards looking for my sister's RAmarl on a frequent basis.

Souppy
Oct 5, 2006, 10:34 PM
On 2006-10-05 11:35, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
Females in the online world equals a male player wanting something pretty to look at all day.

I approove! I will make a girl character but I think that for us, 360 gamers, the problem of ''giving items away'' will not happen. We all got a headset so it's a little hard for male players to pretend that they are real life girls... lol

Niki
Oct 6, 2006, 12:36 AM
Girl characters, no.

Girl players, yes.

jungleking45
Oct 6, 2006, 08:57 AM
despite being chivalrous, I probably won't give anything to female characters unless they have helped me in some way or ask polietly.

DrizaSiegmund
Oct 6, 2006, 09:57 AM
On 2006-10-05 20:20, Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:

I voted hell no cause I'm a girl myself. I stick with playing guy characters. It has made my online experience a heck of a lot better because It's so nice to not get that attention. Plus, I like my guy characters. :D

When I was a HUnwearl back in PSO ver 1 I used to have like 5 guys who constantly bothered me through simple mail. It got to the point where I couldn't even enjoy the game. So.. then I pretty much made a HUmar after that and that put a stop to the emails. They all thought I was a brother or something playing on the same account. XD

I find this very funny, because although I'm a guy, I played a huney... And of course, I had guys mailing me left and right thinking I was a girl... But when my brother was playing as his ramar on the same account, the people would pester him looking for my huney.

Can anyone who's played online clarify if searching someones char in your friendslist will bring up their other chars if they switched to them?

wildstar
Oct 6, 2006, 10:13 AM
I think most female characters are actually dudes.

It's sort of weird, if you think about it.

All of my PSU characters will be male. The last thing I want is some dude 'hitting' on me because he thinks *I* am some hawt chick. Yeesh.

Zael
Oct 6, 2006, 02:41 PM
On 2006-10-05 20:34, Souppy wrote:

I approove! I will make a girl character but I think that for us, 360 gamers, the problem of ''giving items away'' will not happen. We all got a headset so it's a little hard for male players to pretend that they are real life girls... lol

Simple, just give the headset to your sister/girlfriend.

Kent
Oct 6, 2006, 04:51 PM
Eh? Free stuff?

If I have it laying around, wasting space, I'll give it away if I don't need it. :/ But no, boobs on a character don't mean boobs in real life (well, not the good kind at least...): This stems from the obvious fact that back in PSOv1, HUnewearls were the most powerful class in the game (same ATP as a HUcast, and lots of MST to boot), and people played them due to that, regardless of what their real sex was. That, and the fact that there are statistical differences between males and females, thus making even more reason that someone may want to play a character of the opposite sex (and lets not forget people that are so insecure, that they feel they must stare at a female character all the time).

So, taking into account that there are as many males playing female characters, as there are males playing male characters, no, boobs don't get you free stuff.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 6, 2006, 05:03 PM
If I get free stuff for playing a female PC, it's their loss >_>

If a stranger offers me an item in an online game I usually take it and give a quick "Are you sure" followed up by a "thanks <Insert random smiley>).

CpwninOBrien
Oct 6, 2006, 08:23 PM
On 2006-10-06 15:03, Sgt_Shligger wrote:

If a stranger offers me an item in an online game I usually take it and give a quick "Are you sure" followed up by a "thanks <Insert random smiley>).

tahts good way to get duped lol

Merumeru
Oct 6, 2006, 08:39 PM
XD yah im always super grateful when guys give me stuff, hey, if theyre going to regret it later, its their own fault not mine x.x i remember everytime i started a new character, lots of people were willing to help me out with stuff and i found it sweet more than anything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

chewydawg
Oct 6, 2006, 08:57 PM
I got a funny story on this topic.ne time in ffxi i chose a mithra (a girl character they no male versions so had to get extra agility,by the im a guy) since i was a female character i hadn male hitting left and right. IT EVEN GOT TO POINT COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE. so I quit

McLaughlin
Oct 6, 2006, 08:58 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I will not hand out my hard work like candy to some guy who thinks I'll blindly hand him the keys to my house because he has digital boobs.

I've worked for everything I have. Just the way I was raised.

chewydawg
Oct 6, 2006, 09:02 PM
On the other hand I give items to everybody just like handouts if they aren't my friends.(meaning it is supposed to insulting to the reciever)IF they are my friends I give items to be nice to everyone.(I'm not one those "10-14 year olds"

Merumeru
Oct 6, 2006, 09:16 PM
XD i have a guy friend who whenever we play a new MMO together, he would be a girl, because that way we could both get some lonesome 15-35yr old pro to show us the ropes XD ive heard its impossible to get help as a newbie guy

chewydawg
Oct 6, 2006, 09:29 PM
On 2006-10-06 19:16, Merumeru wrote:
XD i have a guy friend who whenever we play a new MMO together, he would be a girl, because that way we could both get some lonesome 15-35yr old pro to show us the ropes XD ive heard its impossible to get help as a newbie guy

lol you guys must have good times.

xenocid
Oct 6, 2006, 09:51 PM
I never give items away for free in any game :

Blueblur
Oct 7, 2006, 09:43 AM

Agree 100%! Guilty as charged!

chewydawg
Oct 7, 2006, 09:56 AM
On 2006-10-07 07:43, Blueblur wrote:

Agree 100%! Guilty as charged!

Sigh(ppl have problems nowadays)

happy_peanut
Oct 7, 2006, 10:17 AM
this is sickening Not ALL PLAYERS are male and not all females want hand outs I think you all are being very close minded and rude *sad panda* you know some of us female players work for our items So dont think just cause a character is female that the person behind it is male thas very piggish of you ={ meanie heads!

Have fun in PSU thoughs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Genobee
Oct 7, 2006, 01:47 PM
THERE ARE NO GIRLZ ON TEH INTERWEBZ!

Well I have like 3 of every findable equip in the game. and not to mention I have like 20 of every freaken crap rare that dops in Ult. So liek I just give crap away, you can see me offten running around Apitate dropped droping virstas, sealed j's, and dragon salyers warpped in balck warping paper. One time I was doing ultamate and my friend keep dying cause he had realy shitty gear so it got to the point where I gave him a chain sawd, Luminous Feild, black sato, god hps and all that good stuff jsut so he could keep up with me.

So usualy I will give peopel stuff cause they are slowing me down in a run.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 8, 2006, 12:53 AM
On 2006-10-07 11:47, Genobee wrote:
THERE ARE NO GIRLZ ON TEH INTERWEBZ!

taht is soo true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif