PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Originality in Names?

Ryogen
Oct 5, 2006, 01:47 PM
So what will be going on about your name? I just wanted to know if you guys will have original names? Being that everyone can have the same name means that there may be a bunch of Sephiroths running around. It could cause some trouble. I dout it would ever get you noticed, becuase you would be confused with all the other ones. It would be funny.

I vow to have my name original, becsides I don't think any names like sephiroth, cloud, Mega Man, Sonic, etc. would get any respect anyway.

Now if you get 7 friends to form the Power Rangers...that would be funny.

- Thank Nani-chan and Dhylec

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 5, 2006, 01:49 PM
Mugiwara! Its what Luffy from one piece is called in the japanese version. i like it even though i always end up being called mugi :/ or i could always go back to Alpha

EtherForce
Oct 5, 2006, 01:50 PM
Mine ell be original, though some posers might copy me, heh heh.

Now if you get 7 friends to form the Power Rangers...that would be funny.
Hah hah! We should do that! lol

-Shimarisu-
Oct 5, 2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah but your name is in Japanese, that's hardly original, sheesh.

Cigaro
Oct 5, 2006, 01:52 PM
I didn't vote, because all my characters' names will be taken from System of a Down song titles.

Chronosv2
Oct 5, 2006, 01:56 PM
I don't know whether "Chronos" is original or not. Seems to always be taken on forums and IRC though, so I'd assume not.

CherryLunar
Oct 5, 2006, 01:57 PM
Most are names of items, but they're not names that you commonly find. Like Tamarinds? I love tamarinds. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oji_Retta
Oct 5, 2006, 01:57 PM
I will be using my board name. And although it may sound Japanese, I guarantee you that it actually is NOT Japanese. Different languages can have similar sounding names and words actually. I say again that it is NOT Japanese. Blah

Fleece
Oct 5, 2006, 01:58 PM
On 2006-10-05 11:51, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Hipocrite?

SasakiKojiro
Oct 5, 2006, 01:59 PM
I guess Kojiro wouldnt be considered original. Not to many people know of Sasaki Kojiro though so I should be ok.

EDIT: Im actually leaning toward Setdiade this time around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SasakiKojiro on 2006-10-05 12:07 ]</font>

Asim
Oct 5, 2006, 02:00 PM
Having a Japanese name practically tells people you pray towards Japan and often see your own life from a top-down 3rd person view

having an English name is top-notch. try Jonovan that name is 10.0

-Shimarisu-
Oct 5, 2006, 02:01 PM
On 2006-10-05 11:58, Fleece wrote:

Hipocrite?

7 minutes, and spelt wrong too. A new record.

Icecold
Oct 5, 2006, 02:01 PM
I was Icecold in dreamcast pso, and FireFish in GC pso. I'll probably use firefish as my name again. It's what I use for my emails and stuff. It just seems natural to use it for my char name as well. and besides, I was so used to everyone calling me that in pso that it'd sound weird if I used another name. Yup, it's a little strange, but we all have our quirks. I haven't seen any other firefishs running around, so as far as originality goes, I'm going to be reusing it, but it's definately not common. Now if I log in to PSU online in a few weeks and see a bunch of firefishs running around... -_-;

Asim
Oct 5, 2006, 02:03 PM

Hipocrite?

no, Jonovan

Mwabwetumba
Oct 5, 2006, 02:06 PM
1: Mwabwetumba
2: Kwazulu-Natal
3: Mpumalanga
4: Makgadikgadi

Original? You tell me..

Ryogen
Oct 5, 2006, 02:07 PM
LOL I thought to myself. What if someone was named Samuel L. Jackson (if you can't get the whole name in then don't do it!).

I have had it with these mutha****ing rappies on muy mutha****ing plane!

phunk
Oct 5, 2006, 02:19 PM
'phunk'

Its the alias I go buy when DJ'n, its the alias I go by in games.

Asim
Oct 5, 2006, 02:20 PM
phunk did you take your name from pfunk the funk band?

CherryLunar
Oct 5, 2006, 02:25 PM
On 2006-10-05 12:06, Mwabwetumba wrote:

Original? You tell me..

Original, yes, but I wouldnt try to kill myself pronouncing them.

I feel so dyslexic on multiple levels...

_glowstiq_
Oct 5, 2006, 02:26 PM
Glowstiq or Cheryl. >:|

Cigaro
Oct 5, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-10-05 12:20, Asim wrote:

I don't want to speak for him or anything, but I am pretty sure it's just a general substitution of "F" for "PH".

Could be wrong, though.

Fleece
Oct 5, 2006, 02:27 PM
On 2006-10-05 12:01, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Hipocrite?

7 minutes, and spelt wrong too. A new record.

OooooOOooo sorry mr university lecturer.

Banert
Oct 5, 2006, 02:29 PM
I'm taking the name deckson, which is not original, its from Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars. However, I will be making my own character, not a recreation of the original Deckson, I just love the name.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banert on 2006-10-05 12:29 ]</font>

Ryogen
Oct 5, 2006, 02:29 PM
On 2006-10-05 12:25, CherryLunar wrote:

On 2006-10-05 12:06, Mwabwetumba wrote:

Original? You tell me..

Original, yes, but I wouldnt try to kill myself pronouncing them.

I feel so dyslexic on multiple levels...

Heh, people might just ignore you Mwabwetumba online. HEH.

Cigaro
Oct 5, 2006, 02:31 PM
On 2006-10-05 12:27, Fleece wrote:

I learned to spell "hypocrite" in, like, fourth grade or earlier. I am a word nerd, though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cigaro on 2006-10-05 12:31 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Oct 5, 2006, 02:34 PM
Oh comeon, its not THAT hard..
1)EM-WAB-WEH-TOOM-BAH
2)KUA-ZULU-NATALL
3)EM-POO(haha)-MA-LANG-GAH
4)MAH-CAHDY-CAHDY

And dont even think about ignoring me.. you dont want me pressing myself unto you.

Asim
Oct 5, 2006, 02:36 PM
On 2006-10-05 12:31, Cigaro wrote:

On 2006-10-05 12:27, Fleece wrote:

I am a nerd, though...

agreed

Eclavdra
Oct 5, 2006, 02:37 PM
Topic: I always make up my own names for rpg characters. I don't know how original my ideas are... but I try.

Still not sure what my first PSU character will be named. Decisions, decisions.

RoninJoku
Oct 5, 2006, 02:42 PM
I might go with Kupikimijumjum again... Or some other really odd name I pull out of my asshat :]

Still trying to come up with something original that is both silly and something easy to say that people can remember. I'll worry about the name more when I have to sacrifice play time in order to think about it.

Mwabwetumba
Oct 5, 2006, 02:45 PM
Mwabwetumba is, although not silly (), easy for people to remember, and really slides of your tongue when pronouncing it.

Thats why the name will be rememberd for centuries to come.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-10-05 12:45 ]</font>

CherryLunar
Oct 5, 2006, 03:02 PM
On 2006-10-05 12:45, Mwabwetumba wrote:
Mwabwetumba is, although not silly (), easy for people to remember, and really slides of your tongue when pronouncing it.

Thats why the name will be rememberd for centuries to come.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-10-05 12:45 ]</font>

Yes. It'll be remembered as the name nobody could pronounce. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ghaleonreborn
Oct 5, 2006, 03:10 PM
mines gonna be ghaleon....i dont care if its not original he's the man!
^_^

Innominate
Oct 5, 2006, 03:11 PM
I have some original names that I will not be using because they would be inappropriate and considered vulgar once you figured them out.

Any names I do use will most likely be original as I've never seen them used by anyone else as of yet.

phunk
Oct 5, 2006, 03:12 PM
On 2006-10-05 12:26, Cigaro wrote:

On 2006-10-05 12:20, Asim wrote:

I don't want to speak for him or anything, but I am pretty sure it's just a general substitution of "F" for "PH".

Could be wrong, though.

Ye,
like "phish" =P

BlueDagger
Oct 5, 2006, 03:45 PM
My name's always the same... Blue Dagger...

Scirrocco
Oct 5, 2006, 03:53 PM
I heard my mains name in a Transformers parody on Youtube, and thought that would be a good name for a cast. I suck at making names, so i usually take them from other sources, but they're usually so obscure no one notices.

Sev
Oct 5, 2006, 04:42 PM
My names aren't origional, but I don't really take them from anywhere.

-Break-
Oct 5, 2006, 04:46 PM
I've use the name Break since I saw it in PSO Episode III, not because I think the character was cool or anything I just really, really liked the name itself. The large majority of names and their derivatives can be found in media of some sort anyway.

ShinMaruku
Oct 5, 2006, 04:48 PM
No frigga will name their character's Kali and Rind.

Kindaichi
Oct 5, 2006, 04:53 PM
I cant really choose what my name will be lol.
It will be kindaichi, kin, or crim.

RuinedReBirth
Oct 5, 2006, 04:56 PM
I don't care if the name "Rue" isn't original or not. I've always used the name in any game (besides XBL) that I've played. I can't count how many times I've accident ran across an old chap that I met from another game, or accidently ran across a friend I still talk to - but never would know that they would be playing the game.

The only thing is...the whole "You will rue the day..." quote is old and overused. At least be original about those. =p

The other 2 names I use are Ryujin and Hissatsu.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuinedReBirth on 2006-10-05 14:57 ]</font>

PJ
Oct 5, 2006, 04:57 PM
Ashura - Being used as a character name, I think it'd be pretty original, but the name itself is not. I got it from what everyone called the Green Sonic glitch in Sonic 2; Ashura

Atalanta - Originally, her name was gonna be, "Auran." A name I had created myself. Until I found out it was some Australian company or something, I'm not sure. Atalanta isn't original either, it's one of the summons in Golden Sun (I'm sure there's some greek/mythological shit too, but I dunno)

Nevando - Spanish for winter. Non-original word, original use as a name

Gold/Silver - Non-original word, I guess original as a name

princejake2
Oct 5, 2006, 05:17 PM
Mines original. It is Angelus, which is a morning, noon, and evening prayer. (Or so I've been told)

Mike
Oct 5, 2006, 05:28 PM
Lachesis isn't terribly original but I've never seen another person use it.

Cigaro
Oct 5, 2006, 05:42 PM
On 2006-10-05 12:36, Asim wrote:
agreed

I'm a huge nerd.

What's your freakin' point, meat man?

Alexandrious1
Oct 5, 2006, 05:44 PM
Alexandrious for me, Crystaliana for my girlfriends newman girl.

I created both names myself, she liked the one I gave her so much she uses it instead of her real name now.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 5, 2006, 06:01 PM
my main character will have a original name, but my newman will have a common Japanese name and my beast a common Chinese name.

Deprimenthia
Oct 5, 2006, 06:11 PM
Deprimenthia seems original enough http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dark_Goru
Oct 5, 2006, 06:18 PM
um whats the character limit on PSU. I would like to put Shazzle McFarlen but there are only a couple games I can fit that on what is that 16 characters. I might just stick with Dark Goru kind of old and dull but whatever. I'm sure I can come up with something original by release.

February
Oct 5, 2006, 06:22 PM
On the offline game my Human female Hunter is named February. I have no idea if that's original or not. When I Get the PS2 version I'll probably keep that name. The other name I picked was Jocelyn just decided for a game it was too plain.

Zeppelin36
Oct 5, 2006, 06:34 PM
im making my characters vol/vol v.2/vol v.3/ and i didnt get the name from "Vol-Opt". When i started the dreamcast i had no idea there was a boss named vol opt.

Goose
Oct 5, 2006, 06:36 PM
I'll be using Goose. It's not original but I personally have never seen another Goose playing in any PSO I've played. English words/names are what I use most often. I don't like that Japanese name stuff. I'll probably have characters with names like: Goose, Beastsheep, Precious, Shorshot, and stuff like that.

Zeppelin36
Oct 5, 2006, 06:36 PM
but im thinking of changing them to Zol or Sol

Himmelhand
Oct 5, 2006, 06:55 PM
Himmelhand, which is German for Heaven Hand. I'm thinking about keeping with the German "-hand" names. Don't think that's a very common name by any means.

Maybe I'll make my hunter Teufelhand... Cookie to whoever knows what it means.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 5, 2006, 07:01 PM
I'll only use original names. I will not use a name based of a movie, a TV show, or some game character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-10-05 17:02 ]</font>

Pop_Rocks
Oct 5, 2006, 07:22 PM
I find it weird how many people want to use "original" names in a sci-fi game. Especially ones that sound like one of the places in Morrowind you could never pronounce.

Anyway, I'll be naming my characters after other things. Not intentionally, mind you, it's just whenever I can think of a name I like I can just as easily come up with something that used the name before. So I don't even really try as always someone's gonna wonder if I took (name) from (game/movie/whatever).

Ryoten
Oct 5, 2006, 07:26 PM
I guess my board name is original, but the other ones are common.

AnamanaAU
Oct 5, 2006, 07:29 PM
Every name has been done before in some form. There's no originality left in the world.

DizzyDi
Oct 5, 2006, 07:38 PM
Well so far I have decided on three character names.

Cairo, Eyte, and Nasir.

As far as I know Eyte is original. Cairo is the name of a city in Egypt and I got the idea from a character in the Boondocks, so...Its not original but there probably won't be too many people sporting the name. Nasir I took from this rapper whos name is Nas (full name Nasir) so it MIGHT be a little more common but still pretty rare.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2006-10-05 17:39 ]</font>

BlueInfinity
Oct 5, 2006, 07:44 PM
Cal,Kenneth, Jai and BlueFire for me

Cigaro
Oct 5, 2006, 07:46 PM
On 2006-10-05 17:22, Pop_Rocks wrote:
I find it weird how many people want to use "original" names in a sci-fi game. Especially ones that sound like one of the places in Morrowind you could never pronounce.

Cigaro, Revenga, Mr. Jack, Bubbles, Johnny, Shimmy, Roulette, Know, CUBErt...

sulfate
Oct 5, 2006, 07:47 PM
would zulfate or antibiotic be original?

AnamanaAU
Oct 5, 2006, 07:53 PM
The minute you start trying to make original names for other people, the minute you lose your own originality.

Pop_Rocks
Oct 5, 2006, 07:55 PM
On 2006-10-05 17:46, Cigaro wrote:

On 2006-10-05 17:22, Pop_Rocks wrote:

Cigaro, Revenga, Mr. Jack, Bubbles, Johnny, Shimmy, Roulette, Know, CUBErt...

I was thinking more along the lines of "Mpumalanga". It was an exaggeration anyway.

February
Oct 5, 2006, 07:55 PM
I agree with that. And it shouldn't really matter as long as you come up with a name you like. Even if it is Japanese, from a Book or Movie or whatever. Pretty much no matter what name you choose (Unless you create it yourself) it was probably used in a movie, book show, song etc.even if you don't realize it.

Sinue_v2
Oct 5, 2006, 07:58 PM
I've only got two names planned now...

Sinue & Neika... neither of which are extremely original.

Though I have been fond of the name Niekse lately after using that for an Oblivion character of mine... though I might not use it in PSU because it's too similar to Nieka.

I dunno what my other names will be.

Katrina
Oct 5, 2006, 08:10 PM
~Pixie~ ~Pixiesugar~ ~Pixiestix~ Not very original, but cute http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif so meh =P

Cigaro
Oct 5, 2006, 08:13 PM
On 2006-10-05 17:55, Pop_Rocks wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of "Mpumalanga". It was an exaggeration anyway.

What makes me :rolleyes: double-hard are the overtly welsh names with inordinate amounts of W's, Y's and G's, shit sounding/looking like GWYYILLYN, WYGLLYDYN, LLYGWYDYN and so forth. Overtly celtic names, too

Enough, people. Enough.

Oh, and I was just giving examples of some names I plan on using http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cigaro on 2006-10-05 18:14 ]</font>

Deathcraze
Oct 5, 2006, 08:31 PM
I think I will be using one name fror a male character in a manga series (Deidara) since I really like the character, but barring that I won't take names from other peoples fictional creations. I usually take names from Eastern Europe for my characters, with Galina and Zdenka being used by myself in a few other online games.

I tend to hate seeing people using names from, lets say "certain" games that I don't particulary like, but I really hate it when they choose something that is basically two words stuck together (like my forum name or for example "KitchenSink") or a phrase. It becomes more of a title than a name then but meh, what can I do? No doubt the first few names I see will be the usual crap.

World of Warcraft got the naming coventions well done to a modest degree when I played it, though it was still abused.

Chaobo99
Oct 5, 2006, 09:23 PM
Mine has always been War and always will..I never copied it from any show as far as I know..my other char are usually names that immediatly popped in my head...I was eating Lucky Charms one day.(i didnt really like it) so I made a force named Lucky Charms and made it look like something I dont like..hehehe

Hexadecimal
Oct 5, 2006, 10:07 PM
I won't reveal mine, because it always seems like they get taken if you do.

But it's not going to be a drastic change...

Oreic
Oct 5, 2006, 10:16 PM
Mine is also a secret.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oreic on 2006-10-05 20:18 ]</font>

Strider_M
Oct 5, 2006, 10:23 PM
Well I'm going to role play and use a common name in America.... like John Smith and say it's an old-fashioned name from Earth...

On a PSO Demo I posed as a white Android named "FrostByte" it was cool

Torpid
Oct 5, 2006, 10:24 PM
Definition of torpid: inactive, dormant, or hibernating.

My theme for this game is the progress and the things that prevent the progress of civilization. I think this theme works well since in this game civilization has been put to a hault due to the end of a century's worth of peace. My character's name is a metaphor for civilization, and he's striving to bring back the peace which leads to progress.

hypersaxon
Oct 5, 2006, 11:05 PM
All my characters are based on a story that I've been working on over the years, so they'll all be original.

BTW I have the import and I'm shocked and amazed that I was able to fit the name "Storm Lavernius" into the box, thank goodness they lengthened character names http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Losodo1976
Oct 5, 2006, 11:25 PM
Going to be original, I hope. I can't imagine that anyone is going to be using the name I've picked out for my first character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ronin1of47
Oct 5, 2006, 11:29 PM
my names orgianal... well atleast most people dont even get it anyway

MaximusLight
Oct 6, 2006, 12:10 AM
I have you all so totally pwnd in this.... hahaha, but enough of that yes mine will be and please no one copy.

Niki
Oct 6, 2006, 12:29 AM
Alas, for JP text support on the US version. -_-;

Naes_Siwel
Oct 6, 2006, 12:30 AM
Naes Siwel. Not sure how original Names spelt backwards are though...

Tystys
Oct 6, 2006, 12:37 AM
Mine, unfortunately isn't all too original, but it's not a commonly used name either. I also have another name concocted up for my Cast, which I think is genius, XD.

You'll only be able to figure out what it is if you ever see me using the character.

Alisha
Oct 6, 2006, 12:48 AM
using ones own name isnt really original. on pso i used names like
Dark Alisha
Alpha Alisha
Lady Alisha
Sinow Alisha
Lt. Alisha

i will be moving away from this trend on PSU
Alisha.EXE the .EXE is a megaman reference.(cast female)
Justine my middle name(human female)
Zoeila this name i made up a few years ago the first part ZOE stnads for Zoe of enders one of my favorites games the second part Ila is Ali the first 3 letters of my name backwards.(beast female)

-Crokar-
Oct 6, 2006, 01:19 AM
ill be crokar i did get it from a movie but if anyone can name the movie without googling you cheating cheats then i will be impressed

AnamanaAU
Oct 6, 2006, 02:26 AM
I will use single letter names, because that is the pinacle of originality. Say hello to A.

sigseven
Oct 6, 2006, 03:07 AM
I'm going to name my character Coors Light, there wasn't really an option on the poll that fit

Nephias
Oct 6, 2006, 04:38 AM
I've used Nephias for the longest time,a friend and I crafted it from bits of latin.Just this year though I found out some Brazillian football player is named Nephias;I guess I have to travel down there and murder him for the name.

AnamanaAU
Oct 6, 2006, 05:08 AM
My nick is a mix of a Japanese first & last name. Much like you'd mix an english first and last name.

Merumeru
Oct 6, 2006, 05:16 AM
XD i thought Merumeru was original, until I found out there is a wookie character in Star Wars with the same name x.x who knew~

but yeah, in most online affairs, I try to put together names for my characters that just...sound okee to me but that I don't think anyone else would have XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Merumeru on 2006-10-06 03:18 ]</font>

Fleece
Oct 6, 2006, 06:16 AM
Fleece

Cap'n'Woodshanks

They original enough? You nerds......

ACpilot
Oct 6, 2006, 06:25 AM
Mine will be ACpilot(not air conditioner) and Strategos(not from the board game)

Ryogen
Oct 6, 2006, 06:29 AM
I crafted my name Ryogen and thought it was original...well until I found out about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryogen

I have other names such as Cageri...wich I just made up becuase my nick name is Can't Get Right, becuase I always make a bad move in a situation going good (such as with girls).

I still got time to make up somthing. I do have to make my first female character named Chelsea Kunoichi after a girl I love.

Genobee
Oct 7, 2006, 02:10 PM
Usualy my character's names are in Latin of from Roman or Geek Mythology.

Couple of exmaples.

Nocens: Latin for "darkness"
Fas: Latin for "the light bringer"
Helios: the sun god
Hyperion: Titan Sun god
Genobee (Geno): From Armored Core Nexus, I just like the name.
Joker: Name afetr a charater from my favorite war movie. Full Metal Jacket

The one thing I do hate with names are people who walk around witht here name like xCloudx and Cloudlover69 and jsut bullshit names like that, I aslo never liked anyone who actauly had a FF7 refence in thier name.

vg_geek86
Oct 7, 2006, 02:17 PM
Names Im thinking on using are:
Abshai, Joab, and Zeruiah

If you can tell me where the names come from you get a cookie =)

Genobee
Oct 7, 2006, 02:18 PM
On 2006-10-07 12:17, vg_geek86 wrote:
Names Im thinking on using are:
Abshai, Joab, and Zeruiah

If you can tell me where the names come from you get a cookie =)

Zeruiah, daughter of Jesse of the Tribe of Judah, was an older sister of King David. Zeruiah had three sons, Abishai, Joab, and Asahel, all of whom were soldiers in David's army.

vg_geek86
Oct 7, 2006, 02:22 PM
*gasp*

Wow, I really didnt think there'd be any other's beside me familiar with Davids family line and army.
Im probably going with the name Abshai, shouldnt have to say what my main weapon will be =P
"...and he swung his spear against three hundred and killed them..." Chronocles 11:20

And sadly I have no cookies =(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vg_geek86 on 2006-10-07 12:23 ]</font>

Genobee
Oct 7, 2006, 02:24 PM
hehe I try...

I was gonna make a Cast named Alan Turing, If anyone can figure out that one. I'll give you 2 cookies.

vg_geek86
Oct 7, 2006, 02:25 PM
He had something to do with the creation of computers if I recall....

adamgnome104
Oct 7, 2006, 02:26 PM
I like taking my characters names from relatively obscure things that people don't know much about, books , movies and song lyrics for example.

Shibazaki, for my main character, at least I hope no one recognizes that name hahahaha. Stuff like Dr. Blind, UnderwireRadio, SoftSkeleton are some of some exampels of stuff I might name my characters from lyrics. I might just call my characters Number 6, after the Prisoner series too. Or just combine cool names like Carmen Sandiego or Wolf Blitzer, lol. If I'm feeling stupid and angsty I might just call my character the Laughing Man, that would be a good name for an android with a mask type face.

EDIT: Thought of more ideas, like Hastur from HP Lovecraft's stories, would be an awesome character. Hexadecimal from ReBoot, and of course, making new characters look like secondary characters from the oldschool Phantasy Star games is always a cool thing to do!

(Except Nei, I've seen billions of Nei's in PSO haha)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adamgnome104 on 2006-10-07 12:33 ]</font>

Genobee
Oct 7, 2006, 02:30 PM
On 2006-10-07 12:25, vg_geek86 wrote:

Close, he devolped a test to see if Computers could actuly become self aware and realy is the Ftaher of AI

vg_geek86
Oct 7, 2006, 02:31 PM
Good name for a Cast =P

mitchm
Oct 7, 2006, 02:32 PM
ill probably go with Encephalon as mine... i seem to like that one.

Genobee
Oct 7, 2006, 02:36 PM
If you can name your PM's I'm gonn a make a female one and name it Pino

adamgnome104
Oct 7, 2006, 02:45 PM
On 2006-10-07 12:30, Genobee wrote:

Close, he devolped a test to see if Computers could actuly become self aware and realy is the Ftaher of AI

I remember watching Ghost in the Shell, where one of the AI robots plugged into a machine and called it a "sub-Turing machine." I had no idea it was referring to Alan Turing.

I love when I find out the meaning behind people's names in games like this.

Drown
Oct 7, 2006, 02:45 PM
My character will be named Drown, which is my alias for all of these types of things.

A word, which is not inherently original. However, I have yet to meet a single other person who goes by this name, so I'm happy with it.

Innominate
Oct 7, 2006, 02:47 PM
I wonder if we'll see people named after the cast of Jackass running around acting like jackasses.

vg_geek86
Oct 7, 2006, 02:54 PM
Im sure we'll see a Weeman running around

Genobee
Oct 7, 2006, 03:51 PM
On 2006-10-07 12:45, adamgnome104 wrote:

On 2006-10-07 12:30, Genobee wrote:

I remember watching Ghost in the Shell, where one of the AI robots plugged into a machine and called it a "sub-Turing machine." I had no idea it was referring to Alan Turing.

I love when I find out the meaning behind people's names in games like this.

Also is Ergo Proxy all autoraves had a "Turing Mode"
in which they would speak like a human instead of a machine.

adamgnome104
Oct 7, 2006, 04:21 PM
Speaking of Ghost in the Shell, I saw an old episode of it on TV the other day, paying homage to a Jean Seberg movie, now I want an android character named Patricia, or Breathless or something haha.

Musashy
Oct 7, 2006, 04:57 PM
Musashy (mispelled on purpose)
The story behind it is when i first started playing pso my friend suggested that i name my character musashi but he didnt tell me how to spell it so i spelled it musashy..........i have kept that name since the begining of pso through blue burst and plan to keep it for psu.

Kismet
Oct 7, 2006, 05:10 PM
Kismet is kind of iffy. It's common yet original at the same time. But I know that one of my other characters will be named Lillex, I think that's a few kudos on originality to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Genobee
Oct 7, 2006, 06:05 PM
The only name a ever made, and I made it by mistake was Sahasa and I got it because I misspelled Sasha. It's the name of my Dark Knight in Lineage 2

Neflite
Oct 7, 2006, 06:09 PM
my orig names
are FuzzyBunz & Messatsu for now
although I most times always make one anime parody type chara which will be of course, Neflite.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 7, 2006, 11:04 PM
On 2006-10-06 03:16, Merumeru wrote:
XD i thought Merumeru was original, until I found out there is a wookie character in Star Wars with the same name x.x who knew~

but yeah, in most online affairs, I try to put together names for my characters that just...sound okee to me but that I don't think anyone else would have XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Merumeru on 2006-10-06 03:18 ]</font>

You know, it's the same thing with my name. I just found out there's a character in a game called Tales of Symphonia(which I never played) that has the name Raine! So my name isn't original http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. And I really liked this name too. This won't change my mind though.

Rizen
Oct 7, 2006, 11:07 PM
Risen spelled with a z instead of a s...Im original right...? me need sleep zzzz

Nuclearranger
Oct 7, 2006, 11:55 PM
Nuclearranger

Comeon no one would use this name its just to corny

Xeraphim
Oct 9, 2006, 01:13 PM
No clue if Xeraphim would be considered original, I know I heard it somewhere but I can't remember where. It just stuck with me I suppose. Is it considered copying if you don't know what you're copying? Hah.

fireant
Oct 9, 2006, 01:31 PM
On 2006-10-07 12:10, Genobee wrote:

Couple of exmaples.

The one thing I do hate with names are people who walk around witht here name like xCloudx and Cloudlover69 and jsut bullshit names like that, I aslo never liked anyone who actauly had a FF7 refence in thier name.

Cool name and I also agree about the FF7 name. Their were to many clouds in pso

Ryogen
Oct 9, 2006, 01:34 PM
On 2006-10-07 21:55, NuclearRanger wrote:
Nuclearranger

Comeon no one would use this name its just to corny

...yeah.

LordHakutsuru
Oct 9, 2006, 01:36 PM
http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/2004-01-29/sake-4.jpg

Jife_Jifremok
Oct 9, 2006, 10:43 PM
On 2006-10-07 21:04, Sexy_Raine wrote:

You know, it's the same thing with my name. I just found out there's a character in a game called Tales of Symphonia(which I never played) that has the name Raine! So my name isn't original http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. And I really liked this name too. This won't change my mind though.

Raine isn't just in Tales of Symphonia. Actually her original Japanese name was Refill. (yeah no wonder they changed it.) There's also a Raine in FFVIII. I wouldn't be surprised if other Raines have been floating around.

On that subject, if 'Jifremok' is ever used to name a character in a Squeenix game, I humbly urge yall to kill him.

EC_Subbie
Oct 9, 2006, 10:54 PM
My clan theme is based on Cobra from G.I. Joe (yes..the 80s cartoon lol), so we're all different Cobra members. It's completely random...some guy just came up with it so I went along. I had a bit of my childhood in the 80s though so it takes me back. In most cases i'll do an original name...and I'll never be a Sephiroth or Cloud clone lol.

AlMcFly
Oct 10, 2006, 12:11 AM

Couple of exmaples.

We all know what he meant by this. I just had to chuckle at the "Geek" mythology, nice. Yeah, I've had my nickname McFly for 12 years from the time of middle school sports. Have used it in every game I've played ever since (including over 50 console rpg's, no joke). If I see another one of me out there, I will label you a biter, then consider myself the better man and go about my business ;P.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2006-10-09 22:13 ]</font>

Velrath
Oct 10, 2006, 12:18 AM
I vote CloudSSJ3 FTW! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Genobee
Oct 10, 2006, 12:25 AM
On 2006-10-09 22:18, Velrath wrote:
I vote CloudSSJ3 FTW! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Die pls.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 10, 2006, 12:26 AM

Couple of exmaples.

Where the hell did you learn Latin?

Nocens is the present active participle (Masculine or Feminine, nominitive, singular) of the verb noceo, nocere, nocui, nocitum, which means "to kill." As an adjective on its own, nocens can mean "hurtful, injurious, culpabale, or criminal." It has nothing to do with darkness. You are probably confused with the noun nox, noctis, which means "night."

Fas has absolutely nothing, at all, to do with light, or the bringing thereof. Fas is related to the deffective verb for, fari, fatus sum, which means "to speak or say." Fas (literally "things said") can mean all of the following: "divine law, the dictates of religion, what is right, proper, allowable, lawful, permitted, fitting; divine will." Notice how "the light bringer" is not in that list. The correct Latin for "the light bringer" is Lucifer (compound of lux [light] and fero, ferre, tuli, latum [to bring/carry]). Yes, the Devil's name means "the bringer of light." Ironic, no?

And yes, I know what I'm talking about. I haven't endured 7 years of Latin without learning a thing or two along the way.

-Shimarisu-
Oct 10, 2006, 12:28 AM
On 2006-10-09 11:36, LordHakutsuru wrote:
http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/2004-01-29/sake-4.jpg

I was wondering if you WERE aware that you named yourself after a cheap brand of sake loved by tramps.

ANIMEniac
Oct 10, 2006, 12:32 AM
id like to think mine are origional but i have seen SO many variations of Rina it is crazy. but here is my list

1.Rina Matsugane
2.Jace Tridwell
3.Gunner Ichi
4.(maybe) Tog Ethers

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 10, 2006, 12:38 AM
Oh yes, my characters. These are the likely names:

1. Qwerty
2. Dvorak
3. Cicero
4. Aeneas (not sure on this one, I may go with Lugalbanda or something)

None of them are original, but they are obscure enough that I won't be confused with others.

Genobee
Oct 10, 2006, 12:39 AM
On 2006-10-09 22:26, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

Couple of exmaples.

Where the hell did you learn Latin?

Nocens is the present active participle (Masculine or Feminine, nominitive, singular) of the verb noceo, nocere, nocui, nocitum, which means "to kill." As an adjective on its own, nocens can mean "hurtful, injurious, culpabale, or criminal." It has nothing to do with darkness. You are probably confused with the noun nox, noctis, which means "night."

Fas has absolutely nothing, at all, to do with light, or the bringing thereof. Fas is related to the deffective verb for, fari, fatus sum, which means "to speak or say." Fas (literally "things said") can mean all of the following: "divine law, the dictates of religion, what is right, proper, allowable, lawful, permitted, fitting; divine will." Notice how "the light bringer" is not in that list. The correct Latin for "the light bringer" is Lucifer (compound of lux [light] and fero, ferre, tuli, latum [to bring/carry]). Yes, the Devil's name means "the bringer of light." Ironic, no?

And yes, I know what I'm talking about. I haven't endured 7 years of Latin without learning a thing or two along the way.

Whoops... sorry. I used Fas and Nocens in a story for a report, we had to make up a mythology sort of to speak. And mine was Fas and Nocens where 2 gods that walked around the earth Fas being the Sun and the Nocens the Moon, so I just gave them the nick name Mother of the sun, The Light Bringer and Lunar Child, Bringer of Darkness, and all and all they end up becoming waring gods after an incedent Fas becoming good and holy and divive, and Nocens becoming all that is evil and wicked, playing off humans natural fear of the dark. yea I guess I kinda forgot there true meanings of the names.

Well Lucifer was the one who made the sun rise in the morning until he was cast out by god, hence Light Bringer

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-10-09 22:42 ]</font>

foamcup
Oct 10, 2006, 12:42 AM
On 2006-10-09 22:38, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Oh yes, my characters. These are the likely names:

1. Qwerty
2. Dvorak
3. Cicero
4. Aeneas (not sure on this one, I may go with Lugalbanda or something)

None of them are original, but they are obscure enough that I won't be confused with others.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

As for mine? A male Beast named Peach.

Undubbed
Oct 10, 2006, 01:08 AM
I'm not sure if I should just call myself Undubbed like 100% of the time I do, or if I should add a title to it. Like in Guild Wars I named myself Undubbed oftheMany(then again, they force you to have a last name I think).

I was thinking Undubbed the Sequel or Undubbed of the Many. Or maybe just plain Undubbed.

Hajile
Oct 10, 2006, 01:12 AM
^
| A beast named Dublin sounds catchy ;p

-Shimarisu-
Oct 10, 2006, 01:25 AM
I've found that if you give yourself a common girl's name people totally give you free rares.

Bleemo
Oct 10, 2006, 01:41 AM
On 2006-10-09 23:25, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I've found that if you give yourself a common girl's name people totally give you free rares.

If you decide this route to get free rares, don't forget to use ^_^ every few sentences to increase your chances to recieve rare items.

Studies show that this works.

ANIMEniac
Oct 10, 2006, 02:03 AM
On 2006-10-09 23:41, Bleemo wrote:

If you decide this route to get free rares, don't forget to use ^_^ every few sentences to increase your chances to recieve rare items.

hey i use <(^_^<) all the time, with male and female chars... but come to think of it Rina did tend to get alot of rares if i dint have a mic to talk into. i would even tell them not to but they insisted.::shudders:: i dont thing there is anything quite as creepy as getting hit on by another guy cause you are playing a girl char -_- (<---once again i use the face ^_^)

Sammy
Oct 10, 2006, 02:04 AM
Is anyone going to use their real names? And why can't guys be the one recieving the gifts? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Bleemo
Oct 10, 2006, 02:06 AM
On 2006-10-10 00:04, Sammy wrote:
Is anyone going to use their real names? And why can't guys be the one recieving the gifts? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Because we have the gift of MALE DOMINANCE!

*Runs away from the horde of feminists.*

Sammy
Oct 10, 2006, 02:09 AM
Ugh, that's not really true anymore...

AnnabellaRenee87
Oct 10, 2006, 02:11 AM
mines compleetly un original
Neo

iv always been called neo (WAY befor the matrix came out they started to call me that around 94 i think when i was in elementry) then after the matrix came out i just added istheone to my screen names after a while i added 2000 to it if it was taken)

Pikku
Oct 10, 2006, 09:07 AM
I'm going to be:
Pikku Kai Shinto.... if that don't fit then simply Pikku Shinto.... if that don't fit I'll be Pikku. But then I will make an alternat Mysterious character and call him P.K.S. (Like I did on PSO).
I am and will always be Pikku... once I saw someone with my name and I was sooo pissed (Not on PSO online somewhere) but whatever... I'm Pikku Kai Shinto... end of story.

Ullias
Oct 10, 2006, 11:03 AM
I dont think ive ever seen Ullias used before... probably cos it came about by randomly putting letters together to try and get a Viridia lol. I cant think of any more i might use right now

b3n
Oct 10, 2006, 11:07 AM
Im gona use either b3n^ or TehMilkman. If i can name my partner machine then i will name it TehMilkman and ill be b3n^. Bens my real name btw.

GIHeavyDuty
Oct 10, 2006, 11:11 AM
speeking of names do you know if the names are going to be exsclusive? or will they keep the old PSO style and let more then one person have a name.

GIHeavyDuty
speeking of names do you know if the names are going to be exsclusive? or will they keep the old PSO style and let more then one person have a name.

GIHeavyDuty

GIHeavyDuty
Oct 10, 2006, 11:12 AM

GIHeavyDuty
uh howd that happen?

Pikku
Just stating... those GokuSSJ5 or Cloud... or SephX... or (10UD (aka "leet/1337" players) I usually tune them out and dont bother with them...

Innominate
Oct 10, 2006, 11:14 AM
I'm not one for sharing the name I'm gonna use on the forums. I'd rather not run into someone with the same name on day one if someone liked the name I'm gonna use and decides to use it also.

Candor
Oct 10, 2006, 04:05 PM
I usually make up my own name; if i'm stuck i use a name generator and then edit it, or start with a latin word and edit it (i like latin for some reason).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-10-10 14:06 ]</font>

Rav3nlock
Oct 10, 2006, 04:11 PM
I'll stick to modified versions of Raven for female characters, and Talon for male characters (meaning things like Raeven and Talyn). Though I'm not one to use instantly recognizable names like anime/movie characters, I do like keeping a recurring theme in my own characters to be likely recognizable if I switch between characters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rav3nlock on 2006-10-10 14:12 ]</font>

Xizore
Oct 10, 2006, 04:37 PM
Ill use the my original name for my Hunewerl in PSO, Sapri Jadal. Probably end up using my call sign Xizore on a charcter sometime, but that one isnt original at all. I kinda like the PSO guild generator because it forced us to come up with names that fit certain parameters. Some of those names have carried into other games for me too!

Garasu
Oct 10, 2006, 04:38 PM
Enrei..I use it all the time!Its Japanese..sue me!But its original..En means Chance, or Fate, Rei, means Spirit...Its never taken..ever..!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 10, 2006, 04:42 PM
On 2006-10-10 09:11, GIHeavyDuty wrote:

It's just like in PSO, names are not unique.

Ensong
Oct 10, 2006, 04:42 PM
Nothing more I hate then people named after Animes >< get over it, and make something up.

I use some different names, Korywn, Digiont, Enpsi, Ensong, Envial, Koinar, Inque, Narrap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ensong on 2006-10-10 14:44 ]</font>

Garasu
Oct 10, 2006, 04:44 PM
On 2006-10-10 14:42, Ensong wrote:
Nothing more I hate then people named after Animes >< get over it, and make something up.

>_> Its not from an anime..its just Japanese, Rei has been used in animes, but, I was not naming it after Rei....All my names are original...

Ensong
Oct 10, 2006, 04:45 PM
I just meant in general, not directed towards you, >.>

DizzyDi
Oct 10, 2006, 04:54 PM

Couple of exmaples.

I like the name Helios, I might have to steal that from ya. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I was also thinking of naming one of my characters Lucifer but I decided against it because too many people would mistake it to mean that I'm a satanist or something.

Ensong
Oct 10, 2006, 04:58 PM
Satanists need love to.

DizzyDi
Oct 10, 2006, 05:00 PM
Well I'm not a Satanist. I just like the name Lucifer cause of what I means, not what it represents.

Pikku
Oct 10, 2006, 05:01 PM
On 2006-10-10 14:38, Garasu wrote:
Enrei..I use it all the time!Its Japanese..sue me!But its original..En means Chance, or Fate, Rei, means Spirit...Its never taken..ever..!

I use some different names, Korywn, Digiont, Enpsi, Ensong, Envial, Koinar, Inque, Narrap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ensong on 2006-10-10 14:44 ]</font>

On 2006-10-10 14:44, Garasu wrote:

>_> Its not from an anime..its just Japanese, Rei has been used in animes, but, I was not naming it after Rei....All my names are original...

On 2006-10-10 14:45, Ensong wrote:
I just meant in general, not directed towards you, >.>

Atleast I know he wasn't referring to me. Also I see Rei alot but not just personally... I know one person with the real name as Rei. So yeah...
Its like:
Person 1: Im going to call myself Jack!
Person 2: Thats not original... my name is Jack...
Person 1: STFU!

Ensong
Oct 10, 2006, 05:02 PM
I like Genobees stance on names also, picking something from a dead language or mythology is a good way to pick a name.

Pikku
Oct 10, 2006, 05:02 PM
On 2006-10-10 15:00, DizzyDi wrote:
Well I'm not a Satanist. I just like the name Lucifer cause of what I means, not what it represents.

Nothing wrong with the word Lucifer because the full name is "Saint Lucifer"
Its when its down to Satan Devil Belzubub(sp?) and etc that you can start trouble lol

Ensong
Oct 10, 2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah, watch out for those bible beaters, they will look for a reason to lecture you.
Closed mindness of the world unite!

Pikku
Oct 10, 2006, 05:06 PM
OMG ENSONG YOU GOT AN EVIL THING IN YOUR AVATAR!!!!!!!! AND IT CANT BE A RAPPY! *Calls the Church down the street for Ensong*

Ensong
Oct 10, 2006, 07:10 PM
In FFXI, it's annoying when you see some one with a paragraph of a name that sounds Japanese, then you find out they are some American kid that is still in the "OMG ITS JAPAN" Phase.

Pikku
Oct 10, 2006, 08:02 PM
On 2006-10-10 17:10, Ensong wrote:
In FFXI, it's annoying when you see some one with a paragraph of a name that sounds Japanese, then you find out they are some American kid that is still in the "OMG ITS JAPAN" Phase.

Im an American citizen with a japanese nickname (Pikku Kai Shinto) but Im not all "OMG JAPAN!! *Fap*"
But I do like Japan, its history, and also culture.
(Im from the Caribbean originally).

Mag_Launcher
Oct 10, 2006, 08:35 PM
As always, I'll probably adapt another name from a game, because I lack originality. BUT I PICK MORE ORIGINAL (read: unwanted and/or forgotten) GAMES TO RIP MY NAMES FROM, HURRRR, if thats any consolation.

Genobee
Oct 10, 2006, 08:49 PM
On 2006-10-10 00:03, ANIMEniac wrote:

On 2006-10-09 23:41, Bleemo wrote:

hey i use <(^_^<) all the time, with male and female chars... but come to think of it Rina did tend to get alot of rares if i dint have a mic to talk into. i would even tell them not to but they insisted.::shudders:: i dont thing there is anything quite as creepy as getting hit on by another guy cause you are playing a girl char -_- (<---once again i use the face ^_^)

Well thats because I used to hit on you even thought I know you in RL.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 10, 2006, 09:00 PM
I was thinking this time I'd use something like Durandal or Masamune for a 'cast.

Though... the latter would probably give me unwanted association to THAT DAMN SEPHIROTH, at least on the other, the worst I'd get would be "why u name urself after a PSO weapon?" or something.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 10, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-10-09 20:43, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Raine isn't just in Tales of Symphonia. Actually her original Japanese name was Refill. (yeah no wonder they changed it.) There's also a Raine in FFVIII. I wouldn't be surprised if other Raines have been floating around.

On that subject, if 'Jifremok' is ever used to name a character in a Squeenix game, I humbly urge yall to kill him.

It's been awhile since I played FF8. Please refresh my memory.

Jife_Jifremok
Oct 10, 2006, 11:06 PM
On 2006-10-10 20:52, Sexy_Raine wrote:

It's been a while for me too, and I have no intention of reliving the memories via gameplay. From what I remember, Raine was Laguna's girlfriend, wife, cousin, daughter, sister or some other special lady. (Niece perhaps? I think she called him Uncle Laguna.) And in case you forgot, Laguna was the machinegun-toting idiot that Squall and friends all collectively dreamed about at various points in time. And in case you forgot, Squall was a jerk who only said "dot dot dot whatever" and his friends weren't really his friends but were all assigned on the same long-ass RPG mission, being mercenaries for Garden and all. And in case you forgot, Garden was some schoolt hat doubled as a mercenary organization that somehow paid you by salary rather than per contract. (Never mind that money was so hard to come by without a salary...how did the people of that world pay Garden for contracts enough money that Squall could get a paycheck every several minutes?)

...Ack. Tangent.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 10, 2006, 11:11 PM
On 2006-10-10 21:06, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

On 2006-10-10 20:52, Sexy_Raine wrote:

It's been a while for me too, and I have no intention of reliving the memories via gameplay. From what I remember, Raine was Laguna's girlfriend, wife, cousin, daughter, sister or some other special lady. (Niece perhaps? I think she called him Uncle Laguna.) And in case you forgot, Laguna was the machinegun-toting idiot that Squall and friends all collectively dreamed about at various points in time. And in case you forgot, Squall was a jerk who only said "dot dot dot whatever" and his friends weren't really his friends but were all assigned on the same long-ass RPG mission, being mercenaries for Garden and all. And in case you forgot, Garden was some schoolt hat doubled as a mercenary organization that somehow paid you by salary rather than per contract. (Never mind that money was so hard to come by without a salary...how did the people of that world pay Garden for contracts enough money that Squall could get a paycheck every several minutes?)

...Ack. Tangent.

Ahh, I remember Laguna, and that girl that was with him. Thanks for the info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Although it's not an original name, it least it's a rare name.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-10-10 21:14 ]</font>

VanHalen
Oct 10, 2006, 11:15 PM
names for characters has always been hard for me i think now im just gonna pick a normal name hopefully first and last name to make it feel realistic i mean i wouldnt name my kid fuzzy pickle

Milo_Jast
Oct 11, 2006, 12:16 AM
I will use my board name for my character, just like I had in all the PSOs

Seidon
Oct 11, 2006, 07:27 AM
Mine will most likely be "Seidon"

Me and two of my mates came up with a good way to get a somewhat original name.

You take half your forename and half your surname and put them together.

My mate Jamie got "Jamould"

My mate John got "Johdams"

And I got "Briland"

Original http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seidon on 2006-10-11 05:30 ]</font>

tank1
Oct 11, 2006, 07:40 AM
My Human Ranger will be called Tank its not the most original name but meh and my giant golden CAST will be called Zain which i admit i nicked.

Sammy
Oct 11, 2006, 08:08 AM
On 2006-10-11 05:27, Seidon wrote:
Mine will most likely be "Seidon"

Me and two of my mates came up with a good way to get a somewhat original name.

You take half your forename and half your surname and put them together.

My mate Jamie got "Jamould"

My mate John got "Johdams"

And I got "Briland"

Original http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I'd get 'Samta' or 'Sata'. WTF? They both don't sound very good. :/

Seidon
Oct 11, 2006, 08:22 AM
But it would be original. Which is my point.

Out of curiosity, what is your surname?

I am almost positive your forename is Samantha....although Sam is a possibility.

Jeral
Oct 11, 2006, 08:30 AM
My name will be either Jeral or Melody, both original, May be a chance theyre not to some people But guess what.. I dont give a flying fuk http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rejor11
Oct 11, 2006, 08:35 AM
I will be Jael Laksha, or just Jael if no last names are possible. He's a character from my story.

Sammy
Oct 11, 2006, 08:52 AM
On 2006-10-11 06:22, Seidon wrote:
But it would be original. Which is my point.

Out of curiosity, what is your surname?

I am almost positive your forename is Samantha....although Sam is a possibility.

No my forename Sammy. My last name is Tan.

Valkayree
Oct 11, 2006, 09:07 AM
I wonder how may Sephiroths there will be....

Seidon
Oct 11, 2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah...not much to work with.

Valkayree
Oct 11, 2006, 09:08 AM
I wonder how may Sephiroths there will be....

Sammy
Oct 11, 2006, 09:13 AM
Ah, I don't need any help with coming up with names. It's fairly easy for me, the problem is I come up with some character to associate with the name because I daydream way too much. I've decided never to use those names that I've come up with ever again because I'd just shame those characters by not acting like them. It's better not to tie yourself down with a name.

Here's my favorite one as an example: Sic Slaver.