PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Guide?

Hnix
Oct 5, 2006, 02:00 PM
Oups... Um yea that top part was to go here. (yea I'm a newb to this site guys)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hnix on 2006-10-05 12:04 ]</font>

AngelLight
Oct 5, 2006, 02:10 PM
Brady Games, Doublejump, and any other guide maker you'd find on the market will always do it this way. Been this way for time in memorium.

It's not a cheat in my mind per se, since I or any other owner can choose to use it or not, but it might make for some nice reading or such all the same while waiting on the retail.

James2006
Oct 5, 2006, 02:10 PM
Many games have strategy guides that come out before the game. It is quite common.

SailorDaravon
Oct 6, 2006, 03:58 PM
Guides usually ship a few days to a week sooner than the game, because generally stores don't overnight them like they do games. So by having the ship date sooner, with the cheaper shipping they use, the guides wind up in the stores usually the day before or the day of the guide.

MoonSblaise
Oct 6, 2006, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't bother with the guide, it blantaintly just has a load of garbage info for the offline and pretty much nothing for the online.. my guess atleast, i can only presume.

Ryogen
Oct 6, 2006, 04:08 PM
I'm pretty sure it details offline and online. Depending on how you use it, Strat guides aren't a method of cheating but quite possibly a deeper understand of what you are playing. Depends on how you use it.

Jools
Oct 6, 2006, 05:35 PM
I checked out the Japanese guide in Tokyo during TGS and it was truly awful. Also, it was exclusively for offline.

- Jools

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jools on 2006-10-06 15:36 ]</font>

Zelutos
Oct 6, 2006, 05:58 PM
In PSO, the guide was an awesome way to check out weapons and how to get them. The rest, i didn't bother to read.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 6, 2006, 06:22 PM
I might get it, but I'm going to look through it first before I decide to buy it.

DreamLocke
Oct 6, 2006, 06:26 PM
The guide for PSO was a good basic guide, and the quest guides were helpful, but there were a few instances where the information was wrong. I would get one for the artwork if anything. But getting a guide is not a priority for me though. I'd rather look up any info I need on a site.

Nisshoku
Oct 6, 2006, 06:29 PM
I'm definitely getting this. In fact, I'm buying four.

(Well, only one's for me...)

ACpilot
Oct 6, 2006, 08:00 PM
I don't like gettin guides for games as it kind of ruins the game because while readin one the game turns into Go here, talk to this guy, go to this place and kill this boss ect.

Ronin1of47
Oct 7, 2006, 02:28 AM
hell yea im gonna buy the guide if im paying 60 bucks for a game i aint gonna miss a damn thing

Sinue_v2
Oct 7, 2006, 05:32 AM
I never buy guides for games - that's what the internet is for. With server-side patching anyhow, Sonic Team can make changes to the game; New quests, stat adjustments, ect.. and they won't be detailed in the guide.

I'm surprised anyone even still buys guides for games, aside from just merchandice tie-ins. Between the PSUp, PSOw, and eventually the PSW - there's no reason to spend the money.

Alisha
Oct 7, 2006, 06:28 AM
guides can be good sometimes i bought 3 for ffxi(the original,the revison and the atlas) could be useful if it has pm raising info.

Blueblur
Oct 7, 2006, 09:27 AM
I loved the original PSO guide. Mag feeding charts, starter stats, quest walkthroughs, Photon Blasts guide, weapon guide, a poster... it had almost everything. Of course, the stats and certain quests changed a little with each subsequent version released so as time went on, PSOW's guides became more reliable. Plus, it only covered PSO Version 1's content.