PDA

View Full Version : Ice-breaking

Saphion
Oct 5, 2006, 06:15 PM
One of the little tricks from PSO was that when you were frozen, if you wiggled the analogue stick left to right to left to right (etc.) repeatedly you broke out quicker.

I've tried it in PSU but it doesn't seem to work, has it been removed or is there a new method?

Cheers
~ Saphion

Kyuu
Oct 5, 2006, 06:33 PM
It's been removed as far as anyone can tell.

Saphion
Oct 6, 2006, 07:05 AM
So much for that then!

Thanks for the speedy response.

wildstar
Oct 6, 2006, 10:35 AM
Hmm, maybe there's a new trick to breaking out of ice fast that no one's discovered yet.

Or maybe they just decided its too cheap to have a quick way to break out.

Lyrise
Oct 6, 2006, 10:40 AM
On 2006-10-06 08:35, wildstar wrote:
Or maybe they just decided its too cheap to have a quick way to break out.

This is about right. Why would ST make freezing an irregular status if it was destined to be broken out of in 0.5 seconds or less?

Kazzi
Oct 6, 2006, 10:42 AM
I tried the wiggling thing it doesnt work D:

However there seems to be a Force skill that breaks the ice on other players. Maya uses it in the Extra Mode. It's probebly Anti.

Lyrise
Oct 6, 2006, 10:44 AM
On 2006-10-06 08:42, Kazzi wrote:

However there seems to be a Force skill that breaks the ice on other players. Maya uses it in the Extra Mode. It's probebly Anti.

You're right. But in PSU, it's called Regene.

Of course, it's a lot like sleep status, you get hit once by a physical or fire attack (nothing else) and it ends too; whereas sleep status ends the moment you take damage.

Kazzi
Oct 6, 2006, 10:47 AM
On 2006-10-06 08:44, Lyrise wrote:

On 2006-10-06 08:42, Kazzi wrote:

You're right. But in PSU, it's called Regene.

Of course, it's a lot like sleep status, you get hit once by a physical or fire attack (nothing else) and it ends too; whereas sleep status ends the moment you take damage.

Ah i didnt know it had a new name http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

If you get hit by another ice attack though it wont break, it seems to make the frozen status last longer instead. But i cant back it up because i've always had Regene casted on me.