PDA

View Full Version : PSU: What type of class are you going to be?

Zeppelin36
Oct 5, 2006, 07:05 PM
I just wanna see whos being what. I'm definetly being a cast hunter (HUcast) cuz they have more hp ata and pow than humans (less mind and other stuff)
but they have a little less pow than beast but more ata so i think HUcast would be excellent with dual wield weapons (actually they would be good with regular types etc swords spears saber double saber)
But anyway my point is they'll just hit mostly all the time and they wont miss a lot. But dont get me wrong every class is awsome in my opinion and im not saying beasts hunter sucks i really think thier just as good as cast hunters and every other hunter. Everyclass has its ups and downs

Zeppelin36
Oct 5, 2006, 07:07 PM
oh yeah also i know this post has been repeated 1000 times but its still fun

February
Oct 5, 2006, 07:09 PM
Newman Hunter here

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 5, 2006, 07:10 PM
Race: Human
Class: Fortefighter or a Wartecher (depending on the stat arrangement)

For some reason i dont like the look of casts in this game.

Zeppelin36
Oct 5, 2006, 07:13 PM
im still a little confused on too be a cast hunter or beast hunter. i mean they both look really kick ass

Umi_Ryu
Oct 5, 2006, 07:29 PM
I will start HUnewearl as a main. Will become Fortefighter or maybe Wartecher.
Maybe try to be both and switch from one to another from times to times if clothes (and gear) let me enough money to change my class.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 5, 2006, 07:30 PM
my main will be a human male hunter will be a fortefighter. my male beast hunter will follow along in the same path as well. my female newman, I'm not sure, maybe a wartecher or a guntecher.

OgSoulja
Oct 5, 2006, 07:31 PM
Human Hunter.

Cigaro
Oct 5, 2006, 07:34 PM
I have been pretty mixed up on this idea, personally. I've settled into wanting to make a cast hunter (eventually to become a fighgunner) for now, but my mind will probably change a half dozen times before I actually get to play online.

EDIT: Too many Wartechers. Break it up, people, break it up! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Just Kidding... but I hope they balance things out to the point where not EVERYONE will want to have the same race/class/expert combination(s). That'll be boring.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cigaro on 2006-10-05 17:36 ]</font>

Nephias
Oct 5, 2006, 07:34 PM
I'm gonna go with Wartecher(HU:Newman) as they look to be the closest thing the game has to the old PSO hunter.Although I might make a fortefighter as well if they end up with something akin to a soul banish.

Nani-chan
Oct 5, 2006, 07:37 PM
I'm unsure too, I really liked RaCaseals in pso I&II.
However I realize this is not PSO and will play a bit differently.

My plan is to try multiple things in offline mode first, to get a sample of gameplay. Although that may not help.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 5, 2006, 07:43 PM
This again? Oh well. Female newman force. If there's a ranger weapon that does damage purely based off of how high your magic is, then I'll use a ranger for a secondary.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-10-05 17:44 ]</font>

LegacyOfMieu
Oct 5, 2006, 07:45 PM
My first character is going to be a Beast Hunter female, and yes, this topic is still fun the 10th time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sinue_v2
Oct 5, 2006, 07:51 PM
I'll be a HU to start, and then switch to HU/FO as an expert class - focusing mostly on support techniques. Neika is being made in the image of classic PS Numans - so expect her to be scantally clad and use claw weapons as well as other light hand-to-hand weapons like fists or daggers.

If there is a cyan caseal body color in PSU (which it seems there is from Kassy's signature) I may end up remaking Sinue - in which case she'll be a HU first and a HU/RA later in expert class. She'll also use claws - but also a much wider range of weapons than Neika, including guns.

I plan to make a FO as well, perhaps a FO/RA in expert mode... but it will NOT be a remake of Mana or any other old FO of mine. She'll be completely new.

My fourth character will likely be a male.. and I don't know what race or class it will be.

AnamanaAU
Oct 5, 2006, 07:58 PM
Hunter Cast.

Ryoten
Oct 5, 2006, 08:05 PM
Human male Hunter- All around person( Hunter, Ranger, Force)

Cigaro
Oct 5, 2006, 08:07 PM
On 2006-10-05 17:58, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Hunter Cast.

Hey wsup android-with-sword buddy? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Are you also planning to be an android-with-sword-and-rifle like me?

DizzyDi
Oct 5, 2006, 08:09 PM
Cairo - Beast Fortehunter
Eyte - Cast Protranser
Nasir - Newman Fortetecher

James2006
Oct 5, 2006, 08:14 PM
Hunter Beast or Cast - I plan on getting strategy guide before game and with the extra information make a decision.
Eventually becoming a Fortefighter

Losodo1976
Oct 5, 2006, 11:31 PM
Newman/Force...

+1

Mwabwetumba
Oct 5, 2006, 11:33 PM
Android HUnter here!

Fortefighter, actually..

Cigaro
Oct 5, 2006, 11:38 PM
On 2006-10-05 21:33, Mwabwetumba wrote:
Android HUnter here!

Fortefighter, actually..

Kick ass. Ambitious.

I am going to be an android fighgunner, I'm glad to hear there are a lot of other fellow cast hunters.

Souppy
Oct 5, 2006, 11:45 PM
Souppy
Female Beast
Hunter
Axe wielding

IronSoup
Female Cast
Force

Alisha
Oct 5, 2006, 11:47 PM
im gonna have a female beast fortehunter the will cut down enemies with an axe.

a female cast guntecher-think demi

later on i may also make a female human wartecher

Artorius
Oct 5, 2006, 11:48 PM
I think I will start with a HUcast, then try a hunter beast or FOnewm. Can't wait for the till the 24th!
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/Artorius.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/Artorius)

RamenEater
Oct 6, 2006, 12:04 AM
I'm torn between Beast hunter or Newman Hunter. Beast is the best race for hunter while newman is the worst, but newmans looks so cool. I just wanan see how the hybrids work out so maybe a wartecher will make newman hunter worthwhile.

F-o-x
Oct 6, 2006, 12:13 AM
My plan at this point is to start off as a human hunter, dabble in the force class a bit, then I'll try out both Wartecher and Fortefighter. I'm not sure which I'll stick with at this point.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 6, 2006, 02:40 AM
I don't believe I can accurately remake my staple character to my liking, so I'll go RAcast. Won't really be much of a change seeing as no rangers can use techs now anyway. Could be a guntecher or something, but that would involve doing time as an embarassingly weak "FOcast". I'm hoping 'casts can wear the human clothes with the humanoid parts... I really need to know if they can.

Phaze37
Oct 6, 2006, 03:48 AM
My first character will be the one race I never really used in PSO as well as the one class I never really used, Cast and Hunter respectively. I'll start off as a HUcast but I might switch to ranger eventually, and in expert class I might go either pure hunter, pure ranger, or a HU/RA mix. I'll decide when I learn more about Expert class.

My second character will probably be a male human, and he'll start out as a Force. I have two options that I'm still trying to decide between for Expert class. Either I'll call this character Phaze when I create him and make him a re-creation of my primary PSO character by making him a FO/RA, or I'll call my primary HUcast Phaze and give my human Force an original new name and keep him as a pure Force. Decisions... do I start a new legacy with a new name and keep the old Phaze as a secondary character, or do I pass the name Phaze to my new primary character, changing him from a RAmar to a HUcast in this new universe? I've been using this name since the version 1 days.

Ether
Oct 6, 2006, 04:04 AM
I plan to make three chars, FOnewearl, RAcaseal, and HUmarl, all graduating to their respective forte classes when the time comes, the hybrids dont interest me much

Clover
Oct 6, 2006, 04:34 AM
Clover - Human Female Wartecher

Shinobu - Cast Female Fortefighter

SandstormX
Oct 6, 2006, 05:42 AM
Sandstorm- Newman Force

Mwabwetumba
Oct 6, 2006, 05:46 AM
Also got this fellow planned for play..

Kwazulu-Natal / Human / Male / FOrce
(hes the tribal medicine man)

Strider_M
Oct 6, 2006, 09:14 AM
Human = Protranser or Fighgunner (because Human's supposed to be good at everything) I'll be a Fighgunner depending on what weapons I would want to use.

Beast = Fortehunter or umm.... Whatever the Hunter/Force combination is called.

Zeppelin36
Oct 6, 2006, 09:35 AM
ok ive made my decision cast hunter

Chaobo99
Oct 6, 2006, 09:37 AM
A newman fortecher!

wildstar
Oct 6, 2006, 09:39 AM
Beast hunter!

At first I was torn between semi-sorta-remaking my old PSO characters (newmen, mar's, and casts) but I think I will start with beast since it is brand new.

Also, though I will enventually make a character of each race and try all the jobs out (can't wait!) my main thing in PSO was HU and I have a feeling it will be like that in PSU. I like to be up close on the front lines fighting.

Zeppelin36
Oct 6, 2006, 09:42 AM
any other cast hunters out there?

Mwabwetumba
Oct 6, 2006, 09:48 AM
On 2006-10-06 07:42, Zeppelin36 wrote:
any other cast hunters out there?

Yep..me!

Scirrocco
Oct 6, 2006, 09:49 AM
Me too. I'll probalby also be a newman force for an alt.

BlueDagger
Oct 6, 2006, 10:56 AM
I'm going to be a RAcast who looks suspiciously like a Hucast.....

Saner
Oct 6, 2006, 11:12 AM
Hunter definitely. I used Ranger for too long on PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

though PSU's Laser Cannons look really sexy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-10-06 09:13 ]</font>

Magician
Oct 6, 2006, 11:34 AM
Newman - Fortecher - "Darken Rahl"
Human - Fortefighter - "Dirt McGirt"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 2006-10-06 09:35 ]</font>

_glowstiq_
Oct 6, 2006, 11:37 AM
Human Female Fortegunner. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Not digging the way Casts look.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 6, 2006, 11:40 AM
I...I Just want my Soul Eater/banish...and...and now that I don't have to wear funky clothes with platform shoes, I will make that FOnewman Like i've been always wanting to do....with my Soul Eater/Banish... (gawd PLEASE say they are bringing it out on PSU)

fireant
Oct 6, 2006, 11:52 AM
I want to stand out i will make a newmen guntecher

Musashy
Oct 6, 2006, 12:18 PM
Musashy- Hunter Male
Noob question- Anyone know where i can find info on what fortefighter and all that are?

Merumeru
Oct 6, 2006, 12:24 PM
Merumeru - Female Nekomata(XD) Fortegunner
Cinnanyu - Female Nekomata Wartecher

On 2006-10-06 10:18, Musashy wrote:
Noob question- Anyone know where i can find info on what fortefighter and all that are?

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=120512&forum=20&110

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Merumeru on 2006-10-06 10:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Merumeru on 2006-10-06 10:25 ]</font>

Musashy
Oct 6, 2006, 12:30 PM
Thank you.

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 6, 2006, 12:41 PM
Hunter for life!!!! and maybe a ranger as a second char! both pure.

HKDon
Oct 6, 2006, 12:43 PM
Hmm I guess I got it all worked out, My first character will be...
Malicelast- Newman Force-Fortecher
then once I get use't to the system and get settled, I'll make more...
Sniper Dawn- Cast Ranger-Fortegunner
Hikari Megui- Beast Hunter-Fortefighter
HKDon- Human Hunter-Protranser

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 6, 2006, 12:45 PM
On 2006-10-06 10:41, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
Hunter for life!!!! and maybe a ranger as a second char! both pure.

Isn't that gimping yourself if you don't grab up an expert class (as some expert classes focus exclusivly on enhancing each of the 3 base classes) or..am I missing something? :/

-shakes fist at not being able to use a double saber as a wartecher-

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 6, 2006, 12:49 PM
i think you're actually a little limited in some ways either way. as a pure hunter I have no limitations as to the function of a hunter. But as a hunter/ranger I have options that allow me to do some functions of a ranger, but not the full function of either. that's what i've gotten from it so far.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 6, 2006, 12:53 PM
On 2006-10-06 10:49, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
i think you're actually a little limited in some ways either way. as a pure hunter I have no limitations as to the function of a hunter. But as a hunter/ranger I have options that allow me to do some functions of a ranger, but not the full function of either. that's what i've gotten from it so far.

nonono, what I mean is there's a class called the fortehunter(or something) which specializes with hunter ablities. They get higher level photo arts (Skills for hunters right?) and the stats they get per level up i belive is more ampted in Atp, and Def.

I just got back onto these forums after being gone nearly 2 years so I'm quickly updating myself on what's going on with PSU since I've already paid for my reserve copy, I want it launch date~~~ ;_; but no Word on my Precious scythe's yet, or what they'd be classified under. (I can't imagine poking things with a scythe like the spears in the vids I saw do o.o)

Zeppelin36
Oct 6, 2006, 07:58 PM
well atleast i know theres gonna be some cast hunters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zeppelin36
Oct 6, 2006, 08:13 PM
btw what weapons r u guys planning on using ( i mean all classes and races)

Zeppelin36
Oct 6, 2006, 08:25 PM
btw again can someone like send me that psu countdown timer its so cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Turbulance
Oct 7, 2006, 10:59 AM
probly going to be a cast as race.As for class..well like someone said above as to what I will probly never know until I am forced to click the "next" button on the character creation screen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbulance on 2006-10-07 09:06 ]</font>

Zeppelin36
Oct 7, 2006, 11:00 AM
wow i didnt even know this post that i made was still up awsome!

Hajile
Oct 7, 2006, 11:12 AM
[/quote]
but no Word on my Precious scythe's yet, or what they'd be classified under. (I can't imagine poking things with a scythe like the spears in the vids I saw do o.o)

[/quote]

I was sad too, to see no return of the partsain sycthes from PSO but now thinking maybe theres a rare axe that is similar to a PSO scycthe.

Scallop
Oct 7, 2006, 11:33 AM
A cast but i have a question for those who are playing. What is the most popular class?

Zeppelin36
Oct 7, 2006, 11:34 AM
human is the most popular but i like to be unique i would stay with cast