PDA

View Full Version : POLL: PSU...let's be realistic here, this game may cause se

Torpid
Oct 5, 2006, 10:01 PM
Let's be serious here, we may act all giddy and happy about this game's launch. But, more than likely if u have not admited it to urself yet, you will grow an addiction to this game and possibly suffer a few negative symptoms. Does anyone agree or disagree with me? Do any of you even care? Discuss.

Flaming will be ignored.

Merumeru
Oct 5, 2006, 10:05 PM
XD aww i know its gunna ruin my life

oh well. :3

RoninJoku
Oct 5, 2006, 10:07 PM
A being that craves regularity that I am. I guess I do plan on being "addicted" to the game. However, this "addiction" will merely take away my free time that I spend on other worthless activities. Like uh... cruising psow...

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 5, 2006, 10:08 PM
ill be playing around 10+ hours a day of this game : /

Natrokos
Oct 5, 2006, 10:08 PM
P S U.....Now 35% more addictive then crack!

I have people who depend on me *shudder* I cannot afford another addiction. I'll play basically whenever I want but it will never be for 14 hours nonstop.

Souppy
Oct 5, 2006, 10:27 PM
I'm trying to write an honest answer here.

I will surely get addicted to the game. I can't control it and if it doesn't happen, I will plan to stay addicted to it.

This game is my most anticipated game of 2005 and 2006 combined. I loved PSO and I intend to love PSU even more. The Phantasy Star serie, on the other hand, is a fun MMORPG to play because if you want to do something else with your evening, you can. You don't feel obligated to play because of some clan/guild. Even if you are addicted to it, you can still take a night off the game and return to it without feeling cheap of letting your guild/clan down.

Addicted... yes.
Time consuming... yes.
Online obligations... no.
Thes best MMORPG experience... WITHOUT A DOUBT! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

McLaughlin
Oct 5, 2006, 10:31 PM
However serious my addiction will end up being, my school work will not suffer. That comes first (/sigh).

I curse you mother!

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 5, 2006, 10:32 PM
On 2006-10-05 20:27, Souppy wrote:
I'm trying to write an honest answer here.

I will surely get addicted to the game. I can't control it and if it doesn't happen, I will plan to stay addicted to it.

This game is my most anticipated game of 2005 and 2006 combined. I loved PSO and I intend to love PSU even more. The Phantasy Star serie, on the other hand, is a fun MMORPG to play because if you want to do something else with your evening, you can. You don't feel obligated to play because of some clan/guild. Even if you are addicted to it, you can still take a night off the game and return to it without feeling cheap of letting your guild/clan down.

Addicted... yes.
Time consuming... yes.
Online obligations... no.
Thes best MMORPG experience... WITHOUT A DOUBT! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

exactly

Torpid
Oct 5, 2006, 10:33 PM
lol, i like honest answers.

i think i would become addicted to this game, probably if it came out last year, but now im a senior in high school. i have a CRAP load of responsibilities and i'm pushing myself to get into the college of my choice. so all this real life activity is distracting me from even fantasizing about this game...which, dont get me wrong, is a good thing i beleive. when i get it, im not even sure if i'll have the time to play it much.

Pinha
Oct 5, 2006, 10:34 PM
Of all things that you could possibly get addicted to, I can assure you that computer games are the least life-threatening. Just uninstall the game from your PC and hide the instalation CDs/DVDs in another room.

I usually uninstall whatever game I making me sit too much time in front of my PC a week before a difficult project or test. You will suffer from severe tedium and boredom the first 2 or 3 days but at least you will be able to focus your mind on more important things after that.

I'm currently 21 and frankly, I consider myself way too old to let anything as small as a computer game screw my life, so no, I won't let it control me =p

Souppy
Oct 5, 2006, 10:39 PM
I'm 21 also and I believe that gaming is the best way to escape from reality. FFXI, WoW and others MMORPGs like that are made in a way that you feel obligated to play every day or so. PSU is not like that at all. If you got homeworks, exams... you can take a week or 2 off and then come back without seeing any big differences. PSU is the best of both worlds.

xzeekzx
Oct 5, 2006, 10:41 PM
i might get addicted at first, but i too am a senior in highschool and have so much going on with school, colleges, and performing arts, i barely am home. I will find time to enjoy it, but it won't find time to enjoy me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

crazyrobot
Oct 5, 2006, 10:45 PM
I am addicted to a game that hasn't been released yet u.u

February
Oct 5, 2006, 10:47 PM
Due to real life, I won't be addicted. I probably will be obsessive about it for the first week or so though.

Torpid
Oct 5, 2006, 10:48 PM
On 2006-10-05 20:34, Pinha wrote:
Of all things that you could possibly get addicted to, I can assure you that computer games are the least life-threatening. Just uninstall the game from your PC and hide the instalation CDs/DVDs in another room.

I usually uninstall whatever game I making me sit too much time in front of my PC a week before a difficult project or test. You will suffer from severe tedium and boredom the first 2 or 3 days but at least you will be able to focus your mind on more important things after that.

I'm currently 21 and frankly, I consider myself way too old to let anything as small as a computer game screw my life, so no, I won't let it control me =p

u seem to have good willpower, probably because you are way past adolescence and you're a mature young adult. but do not underestimate the effects of internet/mmorpg addiction. And by all means I don't mean to nag, but the symptoms may include carpal tunnel syndrome, dry eyes, migraine headaches, backaches, eating irregularities, poor personal hygiene, sleep problems, and isolation from real life peers.

hypersaxon
Oct 5, 2006, 10:51 PM
I'm playing the JP version and I'm already addicted, just wait until the US version comes out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

CpwninOBrien
Oct 5, 2006, 10:52 PM
i dont think psu is as demanding as mmos like evercrap and wow haha fat guy eatin chips and pking in south park lol no psu isnt close http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Cigaro
Oct 5, 2006, 10:53 PM
I don't get addicted to video games, never have and never will. I don't get addicted to anything.

I can drop just about anything instantly.

crazyrobot
Oct 5, 2006, 11:01 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
awww Cigaro... your avator pic is smoking a ciggy. lol

Torpid
Oct 5, 2006, 11:06 PM
lol at the irony.

Merumeru
Oct 5, 2006, 11:06 PM
On 2006-10-05 20:34, Pinha wrote:

XD dood im 19 and wish i had that kind of sensibility; hell if anythings fun, im going to squeeze all i can out of it like a toothpaste tube~

Alisha
Oct 5, 2006, 11:07 PM
in games like this you dont get addicted to the game itself but rather its the people.

Torpid
Oct 5, 2006, 11:08 PM
On 2006-10-05 21:07, Alisha wrote:
in games like this you dont get addicted to the game itself but rather its the people.

wat do u mean by that? elaborate for me please.

Cigaro
Oct 5, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-10-05 21:01, crazyrobot wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
awww Cigaro... your avator pic is smoking a ciggy. lol

I appreciate the symbolism of a grizzled man with a five o'clock shadow smoking a cigarette as a "badass", but I do not smoke myself. Also, my name is taken from a System of a Down song about fat-cat businessmen and generally just the people who run the world, the kinds of people who usually ritualistically smoke cigars.

I'm clean. The only drugs I take are sugar (do not kid yourself, it IS a drug), ibuprofen and caffeine.

crazyrobot
Oct 5, 2006, 11:16 PM
awww okies Cigaro

Cigaro
Oct 5, 2006, 11:19 PM
On 2006-10-05 21:16, crazyrobot wrote:
awww okies Cigaro

You say "awww" a lot. XD

Losodo1976
Oct 5, 2006, 11:21 PM
I will be hooked, for sure. Not going to play it like I used to play PSO, though. LoL, that was really sad.

It'll be the worst during the first couple of months. Gonna be TIGHT! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Killuminati
Oct 5, 2006, 11:22 PM
Well my life isn't to exciting so a little addiction to this game won't hurt me.

Moo2u
Oct 5, 2006, 11:25 PM
I have no control. Bring it on!

Sev
Oct 5, 2006, 11:27 PM
On 2006-10-05 21:22, Killuminati wrote:
Well my life isn't to exciting so a little addiction to this game won't hurt me.

Sounds about right for me as well. It's either PSU or the bar/club. Too much of either aren't going to do me any good.

Shinomaru
Oct 5, 2006, 11:27 PM
normally i would say dam there goes my social life and education down the drain with this game but all thats on hold and, the next best thing is to play addictive games like this!! so im happy how everything is happening and when psu is coming out. maybe when psu becomes a play online at night things ill have to resume my other 2 things in life, bUT UNTIL THEN PSU 24/7 i try at least

Kindaichi
Oct 5, 2006, 11:34 PM
On the weekends i plan to be addicted during the week school comes first ><

Souppy
Oct 5, 2006, 11:37 PM
On 2006-10-05 21:08, Torpid wrote:

On 2006-10-05 21:07, Alisha wrote:

wat do u mean by that? elaborate for me please.

I think that Alisha tried to say that PSU is like all MMORPGs in which you stay because of the community. But I don't think that PSU is like all the others MMORPGs... the game is definitely addictive but for once, you do enjoy the game.

In my humble opinion, there is nothing implanted in the PSO/PSU serie that is trying to make you addicted to it and maybe that's this somekind of freedom that makes us addicted to it. (a bit too philosophical... lol)

Alisha
Oct 5, 2006, 11:42 PM
well what finally broke my pso addiction was when all my apocalypse tribe friends left to ffxi. i continued to play i game i was bored of for them.

Souppy
Oct 5, 2006, 11:53 PM
Then, it's just your friends that makes you play and not the community?

Don't take this wrong, I do started to play when my friends started and the game is less fun without your friends I must admit... but friends or not, I'm going to play PSU for a long time.

Merumeru
Oct 5, 2006, 11:56 PM
XD what kept me playing was the little guild i ran, its so much work to run one, but we had some reaaallly good times regardless, even if I spent most of my time with lv1 newbs just helping them get started for hours and days sometimes~

phunk
Oct 6, 2006, 12:01 AM
Don't have the time to be addicted, but I do have the time to play.

OsF
Oct 6, 2006, 12:03 AM
I play for about a year having fun, then however long after that is for my friends if they are still around.

Niki
Oct 6, 2006, 12:12 AM
Unfortunately, I will not have the option of 'suffering' from a PSU addiciton. I have things to do.

Tystys
Oct 6, 2006, 01:02 AM
Ofcourse I will be addicted. The Phantasy Star games just have something about them that automatically pull you into the game. However, I do have a life, and I enjoy hanging around women who look rather cute in mini skirts, so no, I'm not going to let PSU run my life.

Phaze37
Oct 6, 2006, 04:05 AM
I'll balance out my PSU addiction by playing very few other videogames. That way it should be easy to get between 30 minutes and an hour of PSU a day if that day's not too rushed. Several of my friends are purchasing Wiis, but instead of picking one up at launch like they are I'll just buy myself a Wii remote so that I can multiplayer with them when I visit. Aside from PSU the only games I'll be playing are multiplayer games with my homies, although eventually I may get around to playing Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.

krika
Oct 6, 2006, 04:15 AM
Well i got holiday from school the same week as the Psu release. Guess what im going to do.

Fleece
Oct 6, 2006, 06:26 AM
Go on Holiday?

Mwabwetumba
Oct 6, 2006, 06:29 AM
I will welcome this addiction with passion.. 4 years since the last one!

AngelLight
Oct 6, 2006, 07:30 AM
This wont be an addiction if you're a casual player.....dont mistake bored ppl at work on these forums all the time for addiction http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As for game play...there will always be the hardcore, followed by the casual. Different Strokes as they say.....

AnamanaAU
Oct 6, 2006, 07:56 AM
Usually I'll get bored of a MMO within a week to a month. This MAY happen with PSU, but knowing how good PSO was compared to generic MMOs and how much better PSU is, I could be playing it for a few months. But I will get bored at some point.

Kindaichi
Oct 6, 2006, 08:29 AM
On 2006-10-06 05:56, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Usually I'll get bored of a MMO within a week to a month. This MAY happen with PSU, but knowing how good PSO was compared to generic MMOs and how much better PSU is, I could be playing it for a few months. But I will get bored at some point.

You get bored of mmo's in a week sometimes! ><

Mikedot
Oct 6, 2006, 08:35 AM
I have a life outside of my PS2 and PC, so I won't get addicted by this game. In fact, I'll probably stop playing PSU after two weeks.

AnamanaAU
Oct 6, 2006, 08:39 AM
On 2006-10-06 06:29, Kindaichi wrote:

On 2006-10-06 05:56, JubeiSaotome wrote:

You get bored of mmo's in a week sometimes! ><

Unfortunatly, a lot of MMOs are just more of the same and once the generic MMO grind kicks in, it just becomes unfun.

PSO didn't really have a real grind, but I can't speak for PSU online yet. If it does, I'll still find it more fun, being an action rpg and all.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 6, 2006, 09:08 AM
speaking of MMORPG's, anyone seen that new episode of south park? that was hilarious with the whole WoW thing going on.

Chronosv2
Oct 6, 2006, 10:02 AM
I'll be hopelessly addicted to PSU, just as I was to PSO. However, I do have obligations (I know this) and as such it will not "ruin my life". Moreover, it will be something amazingly fun to play whenever I have time to spare (which is often at this moment in time but may be changing in a few months...time will tell) And heck, I'm already addicted to caffeine...what's one more addiction? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kazzi
Oct 6, 2006, 10:44 AM
College will consume my life, followed by homework, followed by job, followed by being on holiday the dates PSU are released, followed by xmas, THEN i can play PSU.

Dai-Kitana
Oct 6, 2006, 11:07 AM
PSU incorporates nanosecond subliminal imagery found appealing en-mass leading to addictive tendencies as well as up-scaling long term dependency. Sega is the devil and owns your soul.

BlueDagger
Oct 6, 2006, 11:11 AM
I plan on being addicted to it..... that is, after I finally get it!!.....Why, oh why do all the good games have to bereleased all at once.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

IceBeam
Oct 6, 2006, 11:56 AM
I think i feel myself get sleepy early for some reason...maybe cuz i am waitin on the release date ...... who knows just a guess................

Musashy
Oct 6, 2006, 12:23 PM
This is the most addicting game i have ever played in my life. I have been playing since the begining of GC and just recently quit playin Blue Burst. I pledge to go many sleepless nights with friends in order to be the best or close to it.

wildstar
Oct 6, 2006, 12:26 PM
I know myself too well.

This game will take over my free time like no game has since PSO on Dreamcast on Gamecube.

I'll think about it when I'm at work or hanging out with my friends and it will take over all my free nights and weekends.

BUT... I will still make sure to do stuff with friends, family and stuff.

Like I said: 'free time.' The key is make plans in real life, each week, so I don't become a total couch potato.

I can already tell it is going to take me over, because as people call me to plan stuff later this month I find myself looking at the calendar and doing everything in my power to keep the weekend after the 24th wide open... for PSU!

Musashy
Oct 6, 2006, 12:36 PM
The following monday after the first weekend psu is out is goin to be hell..........

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 6, 2006, 12:39 PM
I'll be moving in with my GF right after PSU releases. Between work and her I won't be able to play the real world away as much as I use to. probably a good thing, but i'll get in as much time as I can. which will be a lot... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Katrina
Oct 6, 2006, 12:41 PM
Addicted, me? Naw. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Now if you'll excuse me, my kitty seems to have ran off and I haven't finished gluing on the rappy feathers and plastic beak.

Sadly, my attempt in finishing my Parn statue is on hold at the moment, as I didn't have nearly enough clay to make him 'anatomically correct'.

Torpid
Oct 6, 2006, 04:38 PM
On 2006-10-06 10:41, Pixiesugar wrote:
Addicted, me? Naw. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Now if you'll excuse me, my kitty seems to have ran off and I haven't finished gluing on the rappy feathers and plastic beak.

Sadly, my attempt in finishing my Parn statue is on hold at the moment, as I didn't have nearly enough clay to make him 'anatomically correct'.

lol

Maxurion
Oct 6, 2006, 04:56 PM
Addiction is fun, heh heh...

Sexy_Raine
Oct 6, 2006, 05:24 PM
This has been my most anticipated game for a year and half. I will do nothing to fight the addiction. I'll even go as far as making a lame excuse to my friends to avoid going outside. Hell, I'll try to convert them to the game!

DreamLocke
Oct 6, 2006, 05:46 PM
I'm glad to be back. Just reserved the 360 version and I'm very excited to get back into the addiction...

chewydawg
Oct 6, 2006, 08:02 PM
I'm gonna be honest to I don't think i'm gonna addicted like a drug addict, but I know besides sports, friends,abd school phantasy star is gonna to be one of the only games I play

googles
Oct 6, 2006, 10:43 PM
I hope i get addicted and quit WoW.

-Klein-
Oct 7, 2006, 04:26 AM
Im truly going to get addicted but i think WoW is the most addicting game
thats why i didnt buy it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Turbulance
Oct 7, 2006, 11:08 AM
Crack is Crack if Crack was ever Crack and I know Crack when I see Crack and well This is Crack...did I mention Crack? P.S. I plan on Crack'n

vg_geek86
Oct 7, 2006, 11:16 AM
If its anywhere near as addicting as PSO...
*shudders at the thought of forgetting to eat for 2 days straight again...*

Hajile
Oct 7, 2006, 11:34 AM
Prolly been said before but the good thing about PSU is you can turn it off and not feel to guilty/obligated/chore work .

But if its anything like PSO there be those uber high drop rate rarz and mass amounts of farming so yeah im gunna get assiamlated and enjoy every bit of it :>

Genobee
Oct 7, 2006, 04:28 PM
Probly gonna fail colledge because of this game...

Torpid
Oct 7, 2006, 10:06 PM
lol i plan to never play MMoRpGs while im in college. gotta get dem bitches first priority...oh yea and education too

Openget
Oct 7, 2006, 11:34 PM
Nope. I have waaay to much school stuff to do..But ill definately be having days i dont do my hw to play this game

Nuclearranger
Oct 7, 2006, 11:41 PM
Im planning on missing a few days of school for it but i have easy classes so its not to bad. More than likly I might have 30 minutes of HW from those days

HKDon
Oct 8, 2006, 01:30 AM
Considering how badily I got into the GCN verson of PSO
Yeah I am so doomed XD All my free time is going for this game