PDA

View Full Version : The beauty of 440 & HU (maybe also 430 & 450)

Kaply
Oct 6, 2006, 04:13 PM
So I had a chance to finally play this PM out in the field and I'm finding that there's one thing that it does that make it slightly better than the others if you play as a hunter. PM 440 is a ranger type which means it can do status effects. So far when I've taken mine to the palum missions, it's always had the thunder element on which means that it shocks enemies occassionally. It also seems to appear quite often relative to how often it actually attacks. (I'm also comparing this to the rate that I remembered while playing a ranger). Thus with this PM in your party it's like having someone who can take out one or more enemies at a time. Which is great for the higher levels when enemies are tougher and take longer to take down.

I also added 430 since it also uses ranged weapons and I'm assuming here that it will also have the same rate at which it will generate status effects, although it should be noted that 440 used only two handed guns (dual pistol and shotgun) while it looks like 430 uses at least a handgun which should have a lower effect to the status.

I'm also not sure how 450 would work since it also has attacks that potentially can generate status effects.

Still I'm going to aim for a 420 just cause looks > stats for this game.

Blenjar
Oct 6, 2006, 04:25 PM
whats a 440 ranking stands for?

SoujiSeta
Oct 6, 2006, 09:18 PM
Shouldn't you raise a PM that suits your class like Hunter is to 410 and Ranger is to 430? A pm will specialize in synthesizing the weapon of a weapon type as it grows.

sigseven
Oct 6, 2006, 09:58 PM
On 2006-10-06 19:18, SoujiSeta wrote:
Shouldn't you raise a PM that suits your class like Hunter is to 410 and Ranger is to 430? A pm will specialize in synthesizing the weapon of a weapon type as it grows.

Not necessarily, you could just as easily use yours to synth what it is good at even if you can't use it. Then, sell those for money to either just buy what you really want or have it made by someone else. If you have friends with all the different specializations of crafting, the only factor would be the amount they help in missions and how cool they look.

Tycho
Oct 7, 2006, 01:49 AM
Even Lone_Vandal found out that Rangers are useful because of their status effects. XP
As for 440's behaviour being the same for other PMs as well, unfortunately it isn't that way. 440's battle behaviour, Enthusiasm (情熱), is not shared by any other PM.

A2K
Oct 7, 2006, 01:55 AM
Enthusi--what now? There are different AIs for these things? I thought all NPCs were set to "suck and die", har (just kidding... for the most part).

Tycho
Oct 7, 2006, 02:04 AM
No, they're not (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=120279&forum=20&73&start=73).

A2K
Oct 7, 2006, 02:08 AM
Huh, I actually saw that but I didn't realize there was more to the text than just plain ol' descriptions. Now that I look closer I can see attributes. Not that I could actually decipher what the heck those attributes were... interesting.

Vuman
Jan 1, 2007, 05:37 AM
According to PSUPedia they call the 440's AI "Calculating" as in "Attacking enemies with wild abandon". Does this mean she goes up face to face to an enemy before attacking like the Striking?

etlitch
Jan 1, 2007, 07:32 AM
CalculatingI don't know what the heck.

attacking enemies with wild abandon
That's just bad tlansration, that part is supposed to describe behaviours. For the 410, it's that it sticks closely to its owner. For the 440, it's that it runs around randomly to attack enemies and does'nt follow its owner. Basicly, 440 has a larger "enemy detect" range than 410.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2007-01-01 04:32 ]</font>

Makojin
Jan 1, 2007, 01:01 PM
I dunno, I own a 440, and it doesn't seem to be attacking much. =

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 1, 2007, 01:05 PM
They hold good potential to add SE into every shot they give.

Spacepest
Jan 1, 2007, 04:10 PM
I just made a GH440 because it was my favorite looking out of all the PM's. (That and it was cheap. Free armor thru character creation.)

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that she liked to shock things alot with her guns. This especially helps when I'm soloing, as she can often put a SE on enemies and incapicitate them until I decide to finish them off.

The only other PM i've seen in extensive action is the PM430, which my friend has. Its no where nearly as aggressive as my PM440, and seems permanently stuck to my friend's heels, even though its battle level is much higher.

Careful
Jan 1, 2007, 04:14 PM
The 430 is pretty crappy... Uses a single handgun/rifle. Goes in really close to the enemy and gets whacked. It would be nice though if she could pull out a wand with her handgun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm making a 440 so i'll see which one is better. I personally like my 410 though. =/

Kurushii
Jan 1, 2007, 06:21 PM
From my personal experiences using a 440 I can say the only thing useful of it is the funny slang terms it says. Battle wise it is still slow, but I do agree it does like to go on it's on a lot.

Neith
Jan 1, 2007, 08:46 PM
I use a 430 with my HU. I synth guns on her, and sell them, to buy HU weapons.

In battle, her freezing enemies is pretty handy, although she does like to follow me a bit too closely, and ends up getting hurt more.

MayLee
Jan 1, 2007, 10:22 PM
Yeah, the 430's like to be your sheild sometimes.