PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I log into network mode?

NeoEdo
Oct 6, 2006, 09:56 PM
Ok, first off I appologize if this has been answered. I did follow the translation, since I was able to register my Sega ID, and I can play single player.

Every time I try to play, or start for that matter, network mode, after the agreement, I get the error screen that has been mentioned around here (the one that states there is too many connections or something). Now I understand that, this isn't the first MMO type game I play (heck, it even isn't the first Japanese one I play, heh). Anyways, is it REALLY that packed in there that its near impossible to ever get in? I've had the game for about 2 or 3 weeks, and I have yet to even get to the character creation.

Any insight, or help would be appreciated (I asked in the chat, but they suggested asking in the forum)

Thanks!
NeoEdo

Parn
Oct 6, 2006, 10:04 PM
What error number and message are you getting, exactly? I logged in just fine about a minute ago.

NeoEdo
Oct 6, 2006, 10:37 PM
Hey, thanks for replying.

I went back in to get that error number. Its No: 051

Out of curiosity, are there certain ports I need to open on my router or anything?
I also, by having read a past post, made an experion for NOD32 to not scan the PSU folder since I heard that caused problems, but obviously I STILL have the problem.

Thanks again!
NeoEdo

Parn
Oct 6, 2006, 10:42 PM
That's very odd, since Error 51 is what people get when the servers are being hammered... yet I can login just fine. I honestly don't know what to tell you, heh... wish I could offer some advice.

NeoEdo
Oct 6, 2006, 10:46 PM
Thats cool. I'll keep investigating the situation. IF I ever get in there, what world do you play on? Or better yet, what world are most of the ppl in here on? I don't have a problem playing with Japanese (after 10 years of studying the history, culture and language...not to mention visiting the country itself....AND having played PSO waaaaay back in the DC days...ok enough bragging); i'll be right at "home", heh. But it would be cool to once in a while adventure with folks speaking your lingo, ya know.

Alright, I'm gonna get on it, since now I'm bent on getting online, heh.

Thanks again man!
NeoEdo

Parn
Oct 6, 2006, 10:57 PM
Most folks play on World 1, Universe 5. Hopefully you can get online at some point.

DMG
Oct 6, 2006, 10:58 PM
You aren't the only one with this issue.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119778&forum=20

I've been having the same problem and to this day have yet to resolve it. (I eventually just gave up and decided to cross my fingers that the US release dosn't bork up too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif)

In other words, I'm not much help, but hopefully something in that thread (and the one linked within it) may help you get on the right track.

I wish you the best of luck. I wouldn't mind joining you online once a fix is found.

NeoEdo
Oct 6, 2006, 11:16 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I GOT IN!!!!!

So check this, I had tried the whole add to exception to nod32, but no go. So I closed it, but I could never end the damn nod32kernel, which basicly keeps running in the background like it or not (even if nod32 is "closed"), so I though damn (actually I thought more rated R words, but you know). So I uninstalled NOD32 all together, restarted, no nod32 anywhere....so I start up PSU, and holy mother of buddha I get to the slot selection and character select screen!!!!...Then I exited in excitement to let yall know, lol.

So here is the question now. I obviously don't want to running around commando this days without a virus scanner software of some kind. So......what, if any, virus scanner soft' do you run Parn? Or any other of you guys, that isn't NOD32 and isnt a resource hog (I got 2 gigs of ram, a 3gig processor, so its not like I don't have resources to go around, but you know how it is this days with some of those virus scanners wanting to take over 100% of your pc's power, heh).

Alright, its Kirin Ichiban time!!! (Japanese beer fo you young ones)

Thanks again for at least trying to help, but you did help in lighting the fire, haha
NeoEdo....and yes, that WILL be my character name in PSU

watashiwa
Oct 6, 2006, 11:29 PM
I'm using AVG.. You can download it from http://free.grisoft.com

Parn
Oct 6, 2006, 11:32 PM
I also use AVG, it's very good. It does what's advertised and nothing more, unlike the mainstream software suites which seem to want to take control of your computer...

DMG
Oct 7, 2006, 12:16 AM
Good job. Glad you got it working.

Ironically enough, I'm also using AVG (Never once had NOD32) and still can't get in. Maybe I should try uninstalling too and see if that works.

In any case, glad you're up and running.

NeoEdo
Oct 7, 2006, 12:36 AM
Yea DMG, try uninstalling just to see. Also check your router. I mean I don't have any particular ports open for PSU or anything, but you know, try anything. I really hope you get it working too. The more the merry, heh.

Thanks again guys!!
NeoEdo