PDA

View Full Version : Question on Guntechers and Forces in General

Johan_Bryant
Oct 7, 2006, 06:08 AM
Alright, I find myself quite confused on how this works. How would Guntechers miss out on some techs, since apply techniques would go into wands and such and you can practically switch to any weapon in the game. Fortechers seem to imply that they can use all of the Force techniques(as limited as it is), but how are the others limited from it? Do all of the techniques require a certain amount of level as a FO to use them?

I checked psupedia with no satisfying results to my inquiry, so further elaboration would be greatly appreciated.

I mostly ask since I am interested in a Guntecher for a future class since they can use guns and techniques.

Rizen
Oct 7, 2006, 06:14 AM
A direct answer cant be given since Guntechers are out yet.
Im not exactly sure what is asked, what do you mean by limited from techs?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-07 04:14 ]</font>

Alisha
Oct 7, 2006, 06:21 AM
guntechers are capped at level 20 techs forteforcres are capped at 30.

Johan_Bryant
Oct 7, 2006, 06:23 AM
Well, it is said that fortechers' advantage are that they can use ALL techniques(as limited as it seems). The problem is that that seems to imply that the other classes combined with the force expert classes miss out on some techniques. The question is -HOW- and -WHAT- do they miss out on.

Rizen
Oct 7, 2006, 06:29 AM
Ah well, as I said before a direct answer cant be given since guntecher isnt out yet, but I think that Alisha answered the question the same way I would have.
Other than that, I dont think you can miss out on any spells just the levels. But if you cant get all of them I would think you cant get anything higher than Gi- spells.

If Nisshoku or Espio looks at this they might be able to give a better answer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-07 04:29 ]</font>

Johan_Bryant
Oct 7, 2006, 06:29 AM
Ah, thank you Alisha. That satisfies part of my curiosity, but this calls for the next question. Are the techniques leveled up like in PSO or are there certain types? I am wondering if there are techs that they -cannot- use.

Johan_Bryant
Oct 7, 2006, 06:31 AM
Heh, thank you, Rizen. I had that in mind as well, but was mostly curious.

Itsuki
Oct 7, 2006, 07:41 AM
Which techs they can use might also be limitted. Its an issue thats not brought up often, but Rangers can use traps right now. BUT, they can't use 2 of the 2 star traps and 2 of the 5 star traps. That has nothing to do with the ranking of the traps or anything, they are just limitted by which ones they can use.

I have a feeling guntechers and wartchers would be limitted in the same way. Especailly guntechers, since wartechers are still more force than they are hunter.

galaxy
Oct 7, 2006, 08:55 AM
also keep in mind, as a guntecher, you're most likely going to want both bullets AND technics, whereas a foretecher might only need maybe a bullet or PA or two, and mostly techs.

Kyuu
Oct 7, 2006, 12:52 PM
There is that cap of 36 Photon Arts, so obviously s/he couldn't learn all the Technics and still have any Bullet Arts for his/her guns.

Rizen
Oct 7, 2006, 01:25 PM
On 2006-10-07 10:52, Kyuu wrote:
There is that cap of 36 Photon Arts, so obviously s/he couldn't learn all the Technics and still have any Bullet Arts for his/her guns.
Ahh...makes sense now. Didnt know there was a cap to PAs. Makes specializing more interesting.

Kent
Oct 7, 2006, 01:49 PM
On 2006-10-07 04:29, Johan_Bryant wrote:
Ah, thank you Alisha. That satisfies part of my curiosity, but this calls for the next question. Are the techniques leveled up like in PSO or are there certain types? I am wondering if there are techs that they -cannot- use.

Like all Photon Arts, Techniques are levelled up after you learn them, through effective usage (i.e. spamming a technique at air, won't level it up, but hitting enemies with it would). The level it is, determines the damage, and how powerful the status effect on it is (if applicable). Forces, Guntechers, and Wartechers, can only level their Techniques up to level 20, whereas Fortechers can level theirs up to level 30. This will probably be where the biggest difference in technique damage comes from.

However, only Forces and Fortechers can use rods; Wartechers and Guntechers are limited to only being able to use wands. Binding the same element of technique to one weapon (while not having any other element bound to it) provides something of a synergy bonus, to techniques cast from that weapon, with the more techniques of that element on the weapon, the higher the bonus is. Because Rods can have four techniques bound to them, and wands can only have two, there's a difference in the maximum elemental bonus you can have on that weapon (not to mention, rods have higher TAP than Wands do, anyway, making their base techniques more powerful).

So, if you had a Rod with Foie, Gifoie, Rafoie, and Damufoie on it, you'd get a considerable bonus to all of their damage, when casting from that weapon. I believe the bonus is +4% damage per additional technique of that element - thus, Wands could have a max of +4% elemental damage bonus, and Rods could have +12% elemental damage bonus. However, if you have a technique on that same weapon, of a different element (for example, a rod with Foie, Gifoie, Rafoie, and Barta), it'd revert to being elementally neutral, and thus, there'd be no damage bonus on it.

Essentially, by going for Wartecher or Guntecher, you're giving up pure specialization in using Techniques only, for the ability to much better-wield melee weapons or guns.

...Of course, this is all based apon what I've read, it should be more or less accurate. >_>