PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Importing

VincentV
Oct 7, 2006, 06:30 AM
If I Import the PC version from the USA will i be able to play this game on my PC. If yes, will I also be able to go online, Or will I have to wait for the EU release in December.
Thanks in advance,
Kevwin

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 7, 2006, 06:32 AM
I guess you'll be able to play online on the US version without waiting for the EU version, I mean, there are people here who imported the JP version and are playing online.

VincentV
Oct 7, 2006, 06:35 AM
Okay thanks, Thats good to know!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Ill start with PC Import then Get a network ready PS2 and EU PSU in the Jan sales.
Thanky Muchy
Kevwin

Kaply
Oct 7, 2006, 06:48 AM
On 2006-10-07 04:35, VincentV wrote]:
Okay thanks, Thats good to know!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Ill start with PC Import then Get a network ready PS2 and EU PSU in the Jan sales.
Thanky Muchy
Kevwin

why get two copies?

Rizen
Oct 7, 2006, 06:59 AM
Some people like to play the game in advance and dont want to have to wait months before playing it in their region/language.
Thats like asking why importers imported KH2 or FFX and stuff before the release date.

Ryogen
Oct 7, 2006, 09:04 AM
I don't think you should, but it's not my money.

RoninJoku
Oct 7, 2006, 09:10 AM
On 2006-10-07 04:59, Rizen wrote:
Some people like to play the game in advance and dont want to have to wait months before playing it in their region/language.
Thats like asking why importers imported KH2 or FFX and stuff before the release date.

Well he did say import from the USA... And I'm assuming he's in the UK or just understands the english language. In which case as far as I'm concerned there IS no reason to get two copies. Afaik the US and EU servers were going to be the same.

Rizen
Oct 7, 2006, 09:16 AM
I heard that the US and EU versions were getting released seperate dates.
Also, notice I said "region"/language. It was a statement for importers in general.

Corrected by others, thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-07 09:51 ]</font>

krika
Oct 7, 2006, 09:36 AM
On 2006-10-07 07:16, Rizen wrote:
I heard that the US and EU versions were getting released seperate dates and different servers.

source?

Rizen
Oct 7, 2006, 09:37 AM
I heard it in a topic a whiles down. I cant remember which tho. Maybe I read wrong to something but...I will look it.

drakkula
Oct 7, 2006, 10:19 AM
you are right about the dates.....oct24 USA and nov24Europe.....about the servers u r wrong...it's been confirmed USA and Europe are getting the same servers....

LetLoveBleed
Oct 7, 2006, 10:44 AM
On 2006-10-07 04:30, VincentV wrote:
If I Import the PC version from the USA will i be able to play this game on my PC. If yes, will I also be able to go online, Or will I have to wait for the EU release in December.
Thanks in advance,
Kevwin

I was able to get online with the Japanese version from the UK,

........... and iirc, the NA version is using the same Sega sign up (though you have to pay a different subscription) as PSOBB.

So I'd imagine it will be pretty straightforward to play online with the NA PC import.

Tystys
Oct 7, 2006, 10:53 AM
On 2006-10-07 07:37, Rizen wrote:
I heard it in a topic a whiles down. I cant remember which tho. Maybe I read wrong to something but...I will look it.

Wow, that must've been some pretty retarded topic lol

Kyuu
Oct 7, 2006, 12:53 PM
You might as well just wait 16 days and import the NA release rather than importing the JP version, IMO.