PDA

View Full Version : Stats

Tycho
Oct 7, 2006, 10:55 AM
For offline mode, I tried to analyze the differences between the races (http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Races#Stat_Multiplier_Percentages) and classes (http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Classes#Stat_Multiplier_Percentage s). This might be seen as a continuation of Itsuki's research (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119181&forum=20), but the main difference would be that I was able to handle the multipliers for races and classes separately and set the right values to 100%, both by comparing ratios a lot to get the prettiest values, and by making use of 'classless' characters that somehow happened to have 100% in all fields.

Like Itsuki I also found that the stat reached pretty numbers at L75 (about half of the maximum EXP), after which the stat growth pretty much collapses. To be more specific, it approximately halves for most stats, but for some reason stays consistent for ATA and EVP.

To obtain the L75 stats for an offline character, apply these multipliers to the following 'base' values:
- HP: 2000
- ATP: 500
- ATA: 113 (seems rather close to 9/8)
- TAP: 500
- DFP: 100
- EVP: 189 (close to 15/8 and 17/9)
- MST: 100
- END: 20

These numbers might not be fully accurate, since obviously, fractions and percentages and whatnot are stored in binary.

I haven't looked into class level bonuses or online values yet, and haven't managed to accurately calculate stats for all numbers.
I hope this might form a decent base for future research though.

Hrith
Oct 7, 2006, 11:35 AM
I sincerely think you h4x *reports to clumzee*

Tycho
Oct 7, 2006, 12:18 PM
k (http://ragol.co.uk/uploads/item_images/darkmeteorspecial.jpg)

Umi_Ryu
Oct 7, 2006, 12:27 PM
Hm, sorry to ask this stupid question.

But does this mean that the increase in stats we earn is not dependant to the class we level with ?

What I meant is, if I start as Hunter, and let say I get to Lv 30 with this class and then I switch to become Force.
Will I have the same stat as a Lv 30 Force who is Force since Lv 1 or will I have more ATP and DFP but less MST and TAP ?

Edit : Thank you for your answer, Tycho.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umi_Ryu on 2006-10-07 12:50 ]</font>

Tycho
Oct 7, 2006, 02:08 PM
It doesn't matter what classes you level up with, ignoring the class levels you get in them. Both will have the same result. Ofcourse, in practice the one that played a FO right from the start would probably get his character to Force class-level 20 earlier, and would have a head-start when it comes to Technique levels.

Drown
Oct 7, 2006, 02:15 PM
Wow, it looks like you put quite a bit of time and effort into this, thanks.

I can't imagine trying to figure this stuff out.

Ether
Oct 7, 2006, 02:33 PM
I thought expert classes didn't exist offline, so having stats for them is kind of odd.

Also, guntecher and fortegunner are listed as having the same stats, and 147% atp which seems way too high

Mewn
Oct 7, 2006, 02:40 PM
Expert Classes do exist offline, but like some other things, are not accessible through normal play. I suppose it's possible that these things were at one point intended to be put in Extra Mode but were later canned.

Umi_Ryu
Oct 7, 2006, 02:51 PM
Is it possible that it also unlock throught updates ?

Drown
Oct 7, 2006, 02:52 PM
Always a possibility.

Ether
Oct 7, 2006, 03:02 PM
Possible but pointless, offline hunters can already use rifles, shotguns, double handguns, machineguns, and wands. How much more could you add to them?

Tycho
Oct 20, 2006, 01:18 PM
All right, relevant update. I tried to play around with the type levels, and found that, contrary to what is currently widely believed regarding online mode, the stat bonuses gained from type level-ups are not just fixed numbers. Rather, a characters would gain a relative bonus on their 'base' stats.
My findings are as follows. They were tested in Extra Mode using a Human Male.

- L10 Hunters: +20% ATP, +20% DFP
- L10 Rangers: +20% ATP, +60% ATA (!)
- L10 Forces: +25% TP, +25% MST

Additionally, I found that for the type levels 'in-between', the stat growth seems to be pretty much linear.

Of course, the only way to test if this theory holds for Network mode as well would be to compare the stat bonuses of one type level-up, for someone with a low character level, to those of another type level-up (same type and type level), for someone with a high character-level. Or something.

I hope we'll be able to find out more about this.

Ether
Oct 20, 2006, 03:25 PM
On 2006-10-20 11:18, Tycho wrote:
the stat bonuses gained from type level-ups are not just fixed numbers. Rather, a characters would gain a relative bonus on their 'base' stats.

Again Sega disappoints me, they just can't let the "less optimal" races get a break can they

FenixStryk
Oct 20, 2006, 03:33 PM
Interesting stuff! Looks like Rangers really got a big ATA buff!

Zeizen
Oct 20, 2006, 03:38 PM
I conducted a little expirement in the BETA where I made 2 casts. One I leveled up as a Ranger to level 2 and than the other I leveled up as a hunter to level 2. Than I changed the jobs to both ranger and both hunter. Their stats were completely the same. So basically no matter which job you gain your levels in it will not change what your base stats for that job will be.