PDA

View Full Version : Will you reincarnate or make new?

Foxix
Oct 7, 2006, 12:47 PM
I don't know if anyone has asked this yet but I was curious about something.

Ok almost all of us played PSO right? I'm sure most of us had a character that we had some sort of personal attatchment to. Now I am curious if you will bring these characters back in PSU or make totally new ones?

I used to have a character called Dingo and several others that are all connected through a kind of grand scheme/plot but I am not sure if I should remake Dingo or just start fresh. How about you guys?

Should we start off fresh with a totally new experience or mix in some nostalgia along with it by remaking our old avatars?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxix on 2006-10-07 10:48 ]</font>

DrizaSiegmund
Oct 7, 2006, 12:49 PM
you know what, there's too many polls for me to catchup with on the voting.
Id vote both but thers no option <,<

Rizen
Oct 7, 2006, 12:50 PM
lol so many topics like this, oh well.
Anyway my human was suppose ot be a representative of my FOmar on PSO, but i changed up to a new style.

Foxix
Oct 7, 2006, 12:52 PM
Yeah I know there are similar topics v.v but I had yet to see this exact question asked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif that and it's better than half the stuff Saner v.1 comes up with >_>

EDIT: I was going to add an "I don't care option" but My pinky accidentally hit enter before I got the chance v.v stupid pinky finger... I swear I will divorce it one day...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxix on 2006-10-07 10:55 ]</font>

DrizaSiegmund
Oct 7, 2006, 12:55 PM
.....nnnnnno, no it isnt <_<

BlueDagger
Oct 7, 2006, 12:57 PM
I'm going to make a new character. I would make a replica of my RAmar.... But from the looks of the humans that may be impossible... Is it just me or do they all look a little... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/yoghurt.gif Fruity....

Haruka-sama
Oct 7, 2006, 01:02 PM
Well, let's see here... I get four character slots, so I'll make my old character from PSO and then use the other three to make new characters! The best of both worlds =D

DrizaSiegmund
Oct 7, 2006, 01:04 PM
fruity XD
ive heard a friend say the same thing, along the lines of: "man, some of the chars ive seen look too queer eye" rofl i dont think some look soo bad xD

BlueDagger
Oct 7, 2006, 01:12 PM
Maybe I'll be able to make a cast with a human-ish face. But looking at the "human male character creation guide" I won't be making a human anytime soon... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Hajile
Oct 7, 2006, 01:14 PM
It's just sometimes it get's real lonely on the colony sometimes ...

http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up5441.jpg <--- o.o

BlueDagger
Oct 7, 2006, 01:17 PM
On 2006-10-07 11:14, Hajile wrote:
It's just sometimes it get's real lonely on the colony sometimes ...

http://psu.rdy.jp/src/up5441.jpg <--- o.o

My eyes!! They burn!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Nephias
Oct 7, 2006, 01:35 PM
One of my four character slots will be dedicated to my PSO main;the problem is the name as back when DC PSO was released Kefka wasin't over played.(there weren't various re-releases/updates to FF6 then)

I may just bite the bullet and make Kefka the HU:Newearal again.

Genobee
Oct 7, 2006, 01:39 PM
I'm so torn with this topic, I wanna resurect Helios but I also wanna make a new charater as my main...... But I do know this have to make a Female Beast because I think the nanoblast is hot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-10-07 11:50 ]</font>

Ryogen
Oct 7, 2006, 01:43 PM
I'm not reszing.

Zorafim
Oct 7, 2006, 01:52 PM
I sorta make my characters with the same same, depending on if their male or female, anyway. I won't recreate anyone, but I will create them with the same style and state-of-mind.

adamgnome104
Oct 7, 2006, 02:06 PM
I made really crazy characters, like a neon green FOnewm with a green afro, and then I started making badass androids.

I think I'm just going to startover and make human characters, who arn't annoying and weird.

I think I'm going to make my character middle aged with a grey beard lol, you don't see too many characters like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adamgnome104 on 2006-10-07 12:09 ]</font>

Datearian
Oct 7, 2006, 03:08 PM
I'll probably use the same name and maybe recreate my HuCast if I don't like any of the new looks.

Moo2u
Oct 7, 2006, 03:14 PM
There should be an "I'm doing both" option. First I'll recreate my main Ramar Moo2u, then once I get board with him, I'll start up a beast of some kind.

Oxidation
Oct 7, 2006, 03:20 PM
I will create a new character, no name reuse here.
I was going to create a male FO char but they look queer imo. So i might have to make a female FO but i don't want the smart ass remarks about me playing a girl character, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_redface.gif sigh....

Losodo1976
Oct 7, 2006, 04:42 PM
On 2006-10-07 11:52, Zorafim wrote:
I sorta make my characters with the same same, depending on if their male or female, anyway. I won't recreate anyone, but I will create them with the same style and state-of-mind.

Me too.

Musashy
Oct 7, 2006, 04:53 PM
I'm definetly remaking my old character so that i can keep in touch with all the people i knew in the past. Also since i mispelled musashy in the begining it has become kind of a trade mark to me and I'm attached to it. Newb memories are great aren't they?

RoninJoku
Oct 7, 2006, 05:29 PM
I was conflicted about bringing my PSO character back... But after playing with the beta's CC, I realized it would be near impossible to recreate my character or anything that looked like him.

So that decided for me :3

Authenticate
Oct 7, 2006, 05:40 PM
My tastes are always changing. I'm an alt-aholic in most games. The characters I had in PSO back in the day seem silly to me now.

PJ
Oct 7, 2006, 05:46 PM
Gold and Silver were in PSO, and their PSU characters ARE the same people. They're just beasts now

Atalanta and Nevando are completely new characters

Now, for Ashura

He IS a new character, but he's supposed to be as a PJ style

Ashura
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g230/PJ_PSU/Ashura/Ashurahighresbow.png
PJ
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/PJ_PSO/Episode_1_2/PJ_SC/PJts.png

Ashura has green hair and, with his newest shirt, a more closer purpleness to PJ, and they're both forces. Differences being, PJ has blue eyes, Ashura has red, Ashura is younger (In PSO, PJ was 14, Ashura is 10) and well, they just are different http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif But he is in the smallest sense, a recreation of PJ

Mondengel
Oct 7, 2006, 05:56 PM
I will make a new Character, like always. Every MMORPG deservse an own character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But sometimes the names are the same. And some things I like is also the same, long hears if possible for example, such things.

Tystys
Oct 7, 2006, 06:04 PM
I made a cast character back in PSO, and I loved it. But, for PSU, I'm going to be making a Human character my first time around. I have a special name for my cast character though, and you'll find it out if you ever see me online lol

Cigaro
Oct 7, 2006, 06:04 PM
I may resurrect Revenga for shits and giggles, but I doubt it.

vg_geek86
Oct 7, 2006, 06:09 PM
Different name, similar style hucast for me.

F-o-x
Oct 7, 2006, 08:19 PM
I'll be bringing back the same character I've used since DC v1 for PSU. I'll try to make him as close in appearance as I can to the original. I'll of course make other characters, but they'll probably be new creations.

Strider_M
Oct 7, 2006, 09:08 PM
He'll have the same name and skin tone as my PSO character (Psh He doesn't age | but that doesn't mean he's immortal)

But of course his clothes and hair style will be changed to fit this new era... because not many people keep the same style of clothes they had 10 years ago... So why should he keep the same style?

Also He adopted a beast sister lol

Squall179
Oct 7, 2006, 09:27 PM
Same character for me, gonna go with beast this game. Still though as usuall Ill make a new char too, btu Squall will see action yet again

Alisha
Oct 7, 2006, 09:43 PM
both i never had a premeier hunter character on pso and theres nothing remotely resembling a fomarl in psu. racaseal will return with a slightly new name and fomarl with be reinvented as a beast hu.

Ether
Oct 7, 2006, 09:50 PM
Lesee, I've used the same characters in Ultimate Online, PSO, Ragnarok Online, Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft, and Guild Wars. PSU will be no exception

Chaobo99
Oct 7, 2006, 10:29 PM
I dont know yet..my guy was a male Humar with blonde, spikey hair and a black-suit named War..I made make him again or just make him look slightly diff.
The name will be the same though (^_^)

Natrokos
Oct 7, 2006, 10:57 PM
I'll have the same name but uhhhh...different gender.

HKDon
Oct 8, 2006, 01:39 AM
I am so remaking my old PSO characters, some of the clothing options will really make them perfect, I already got the designs made out in my head
I just wish I could get the old FOmar "Floppy" hat for my mage Malicelast XD

AzureBlaze
Oct 8, 2006, 02:09 AM
I picked 'bring back old'
But really I want to do a bit of both. My 3 old PSO chars, and then a new one for the 4th slot. I'm keeping my old chars exactly what they all were on PSO, because it provided a nice mix, and kept everything interesting. Android HU=main, Human RA=secondary, Newm FO=third...because FO'ing was never really my style but it was cool to change up when you got tired of the others. The 4th guy is gonna be a beast, but I totally don't know what to do for it yet.
Beast looks cool, but male or female? I want to try nanoblast, but who's is cooler, dude or girl? I develop personalities for all my chars, but nothing's really leaping out yet for beast type...I figure to come up with something after doing more story mode for background.

Trouble!
As some people mention, it needs more 'pso-ish' clothes to support re-creates. Like masks for RAmar, hats for FOnewms, and more HUcast looking stuff. I mean they CLONED elenor and several RAcaseal hairdos as well as HUcaseal stuff, throw us a bone here for RAcast and HUc. My RA persona requires a mask...

Neflite
Oct 8, 2006, 02:49 AM
PSO was
Yuko Flare
Ukyo
Licia
DustyGun
Neflite

Gonna make two new, but Nef only return chara
for PSU so far...dam I need the game 1st....

Nai_Calus
Oct 8, 2006, 03:50 AM
Different, my PSO characters are too tied to who they are in the universe of PSO. Besides, Rati are an essential part of The Look for almost all of them, and Rati do not exist in PSU. :<

CpwninOBrien
Oct 8, 2006, 04:04 AM
my hunter CpwninoBrien will be all knew i dont rly like DBZ nemore

l3iohazard
Oct 8, 2006, 04:48 AM
i wish i could have voted for both, but i will being remaking my favorite old character and i will be makeing a new one.

Sinue_v2
Oct 8, 2006, 05:04 AM
I tied up the vote, because largely I won't be recreating any of my old PSO characters. The only one to make a return will be Sinue if I can get the cyan color/eyes like in Kassy's sig. Even if, she'll still have substancial changes. She's going to be a HU this time around, and I'll make her with parts which look good together - not just parts which resemble old RAcaseal parts.

BrandonBa2
Oct 8, 2006, 05:04 AM
Make a new of course! Woot!

LocGaw
Oct 8, 2006, 09:22 AM
I will bring back my PCs of yore again. Always do...

Slitz
Oct 8, 2006, 11:53 AM
I'll be remaking Slitz.
and maybe Kurai Kaze. ;x

RadiantLegend
Oct 8, 2006, 01:18 PM
They will be new but with the battle data of my old characters (sorta....kinda)

Kazzi
Oct 8, 2006, 01:44 PM
Votes
W00T classic chars ftw! 50 % 50.00 % (34)
New games deserve new characters! 50 % 50.00 % (34)

Total Votes: 68

Hahaha. I voted classic. Even though i'd remade her into someone new and she's completely different PSU wouldnt be the same without her =/

Kaloa
Oct 8, 2006, 02:29 PM
I'm going to create new characters and start over. I loved my PSO character to death, but I don't want to be recognized by people I used to know back in my PSO days. While I've grown up alot since then, I have my doubts that they did.

Mazoku
Oct 8, 2006, 03:28 PM
I tried to remake my old character and I realized my tastes have changed since then. She just didn't look good to me anymore. So I'm going with a new character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mazoku on 2006-10-08 13:29 ]</font>

Raide_the_3rd
Oct 8, 2006, 03:39 PM
I've never played PSO... but I'm going to name my character the same name as what I've named it in FFXI and an previous RPG before that. Just keeping tradition.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 8, 2006, 04:01 PM
I pretty much became attached to my HUmar Shiro Ryuu, so he's an incarnate. The others, Sayuri and possibly Tai Yin are new.

Ullias
Oct 8, 2006, 04:26 PM
Im probably gonna re-use old names cos I hate having to come up with new ones, the chars themsselves will probably change alot though

Spork
Oct 8, 2006, 07:33 PM
I'm gonna make a totally new character!

...not that I have a choice, I never played PSO.