PDA

View Full Version : Where to preorder the cheapest

Mitz
Oct 7, 2006, 02:05 PM
Yeah I live in the Netherlands and I only have like $47.50 to buy it so I need to preorder it somewhere cheap. Does anyone know it where I can get it for that price (including shipping costs)

Thanks in advance,
MM

Dhylec
Oct 7, 2006, 02:16 PM
Most likely on ebay. You might find a good bargain there.

MattMattic
Oct 7, 2006, 02:48 PM
I'm Not sure, I got mine From EB Games for $53 something.

Drown
Oct 7, 2006, 02:51 PM
I also got mine from EB. It was a little more than 50some because I'm in canada, but not unreasonable by any means.

Genobee
Oct 7, 2006, 07:35 PM
Best by far is the preorder from GameStop, although it's still 50 bucks but you get the OST for free and the OST is easily 12 to 16 dollars. It's worth the money.

TheStoicOne
Oct 7, 2006, 07:40 PM
What is preodering exactly? I just thought it meant that they reserved you a copy. I mean I preordered PSU, but I really don't know why. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Genobee
Oct 7, 2006, 07:45 PM
When you pre order an item it usualy it is cheaper and it comes with a deal of some sorts and faster shipping.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-10-07 17:45 ]</font>

Ryogen
Oct 7, 2006, 08:22 PM
You can reserve a game at any ammout if I'm correct. At gamestop and EB

IceBurner
Oct 7, 2006, 10:49 PM
If I remember correctly it's a USD $5 minimum reservation in brick and mortar Gamestops/EB's, but you can pay up to the full price from there.

Banert
Oct 7, 2006, 10:53 PM
Well to preorder I only had to pay 5 bucks at EB, but the actual game is about 49 bucks (minus the five downpayment).

ProfessorZ
Oct 7, 2006, 11:31 PM
for the 360 outpost has it for 50

Nuclearranger
Oct 7, 2006, 11:49 PM
Well games really dont have a *bargan* price....

Genobee
Oct 8, 2006, 12:16 PM
Why does every one go to EB? can't stand EB they are the worst game retailer out there.

DrewSeleski
Oct 8, 2006, 12:39 PM
On 2006-10-07 17:35, Genobee wrote:
Best by far is the preorder from GameStop, although it's still 50 bucks but you get the OST for free and the OST is easily 12 to 16 dollars. It's worth the money.

On 2006-10-08 10:16, Genobee wrote:
Why does every one go to EB? can't stand EB they are the worst game retailer out there.

Gamestop IS EB actually. Just a different brand name on the same service.
Edit: Well it's more like EB is Gamestop but pretty much same thing

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrewSeleski on 2006-10-08 10:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrewSeleski on 2006-10-08 10:41 ]</font>

mattdude
Oct 8, 2006, 12:39 PM
I live 1/2 a minute away from gamestop, so all I have to do is presuade my mom to drive me there then I go to the shop and get the game.... and other thing....HAS ANY ONE GOT THE SOUNDTRACK FOR PSU FROM GAMESTOP, OR EBGAMES????

SabZero
Oct 8, 2006, 03:58 PM
You'd better be looking to buy in stores within the E.U. or else you'll have to pay import taxes. Try searching for .co.uk shops etc.

Diablohead
Oct 8, 2006, 05:28 PM
I still need to find somewhere online where I can import the pc version, I dont want to wait an extra month! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Saying that I wonder how my uni will go about import tax, maybe I should question them first.

Mikaga
Oct 8, 2006, 08:52 PM
Normally I stick with Play-Asia for my American imports. (Yes. A European ordering an American product from a site named Asia. Ho ho.)

On seeing this thread I decided to check 'em out, and to my surprise they don't even have US PC Phantasy Star Universe listed. US PS2 yes, but not PC!

Very troubling. I'm not sure what to do now.

Mitz
Oct 9, 2006, 10:06 AM
On 2006-10-08 18:52, Mikaga wrote:
Normally I stick with Play-Asia for my American imports. (Yes. A European ordering an American product from a site named Asia. Ho ho.)

On seeing this thread I decided to check 'em out, and to my surprise they don't even have US PC Phantasy Star Universe listed. US PS2 yes, but not PC!

Very troubling. I'm not sure what to do now.

Yep. I wanted to order it there but they didnt have the PC version. Guess Im stuck waiting ;-;

SephYuyX
Oct 9, 2006, 10:10 AM
Support Toys R Us.

vg_geek86
Oct 9, 2006, 10:32 AM
Gamestop, just reserved it for 5 bucks. Normally I dont reserve but the cashier said they normally dont get more then 5 copies on the release date. The guy prolly pulled that outta his ass but never hurts to play it safe.

Mitz
Oct 9, 2006, 11:04 AM
You got ripped I can feel it XD

Mikaga
Oct 9, 2006, 03:29 PM
The trouble with all these places (GameStop notably) is the incredible import cost. Play-Asia normally does shipping from $4 or so.

I'm fortunate in that Great Britain has GameStop's lowest shipping cost of "only" $15.99. This means that I could import without *too* great a loss. I expect it'll be sold for the equivalent of $55 here, and the total cost of importing would be $65.98 plus PayPal currency conversion.

But residents of other locations (as is the case with the thread's initial poster) suffer a lot more on this due to much increased shipping fees.

Suffice to say I've not pre-ordered from GameStop right now. I want to see if anyone'll post a cheaper alternative in this thread within the next couple of days.

Mikaga
Oct 11, 2006, 01:22 PM
Guess not.

I don't get it. Lots of Europeans have said they're importing the game. But where from?

Gamestop's giving me a ton of red flags. In addition to their laughable selection of cards they do accept, they've got about three different conditions stating:

"You will be the importer of record and will be responsible for all levies, duties, import fees, taxes, and other charges."

and similar for other things.

And they want to be faxed your last credit card statement.

It all seems seriously unreasonable, and I'm finding it a struggle believing that all these European importers are doing so from this nightmarish shop.

Minswune
Oct 11, 2006, 01:49 PM
On 2006-10-09 08:32, vg_geek86 wrote:
Gamestop, just reserved it for 5 bucks. Normally I dont reserve but the cashier said they normally dont get more then 5 copies on the release date. The guy prolly pulled that outta his ass but never hurts to play it safe.

He wasn't lying, trust me, i didn't think to reserve a copy of final fantasy XI's latest expansion when it came out back in April or w/e, day it's released in stores, called every gamestop out there "Did you reserve it? Oh, sorry, we only ordered enough copies for those who reserved, check back in a few days" and every other game/super store had none. ._. Learned my lesson since then, and pre-ordered psu over a month in advance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Minswune on 2006-10-11 11:49 ]</font>

Mikaga
Oct 11, 2006, 01:55 PM
Shoot. My apologies, everyone!

All this time I thought this was an "import" topic due to the original post. Gaaah. How stupid of me.

D'you think anyone would mind if I made a separate "import" topic to discuss the issue of import difficulty for Europeans?