PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Major Differences?...

Datearian
Oct 7, 2006, 03:24 PM
I would like to know some of the differences in PSO to PSU. I know about the beast class and some stuff about the weapons and mags. Also I plan on playing online mostly so any info in that area would be greatly appreciated (including how to set up payments and that stuff). That's pretty much it I think. Thanks for any help.

wraith5k
Oct 7, 2006, 03:35 PM
Well...while the rest of your answers can found by......reading.

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/news_gameid.php

You can make your acct name + pass there. That's a start as far as setting up payments I guess.

PJ
Oct 7, 2006, 03:37 PM
The main difference?

Once you play PSU, PSO sucks

Oh, and there's no mags

Hajile
Oct 7, 2006, 03:40 PM
PSU has missions where you can use vechicles

vg_geek86
Oct 7, 2006, 03:42 PM
Character movement is a biggie. Being able to walk sideways, attack while running, etc. That and the max party size increased to 6 is major in my book.

Ether
Oct 7, 2006, 03:47 PM
http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Differences

Datearian
Oct 7, 2006, 03:50 PM
What about the PSO attack combo verse the PSU attack combo? Please tell me it's not just as easy as pressing one button at the right time. D;

Thanks for all the links and help so far. :3

wraith5k
Oct 7, 2006, 03:52 PM
Same thing. Don't even have a critical strike anymore >.<

Mwabwetumba
Oct 7, 2006, 03:54 PM
Dont forget that you can change the direction of your attack combo instead of either stopping it or attacking in a straight line, like in PSO.

Datearian
Oct 7, 2006, 04:03 PM
That SUCKS that they took the crit hit away. I'm glad they made it so that you could change the direction of your attack without having to stop attacking.

I guess it's an equal trade...u_u

mechatra
Oct 7, 2006, 04:22 PM
Who the hell needs "Heavy attack" when we now get Photon arts.

would you rather do a slightly less accurate hit, with more power, with the same animation of a normal hit?

Or.

Do a strike which is more powerfull, less accurate, but also has flashy effects, and launches your opponent into the air?

wraith5k
Oct 7, 2006, 04:25 PM
I want both.

Datearian
Oct 7, 2006, 04:28 PM
I'd want both too. I thought he actually meant, Critical hits. I'll miss the heavy attack though.

lostinseganet
Oct 7, 2006, 09:08 PM
If they made 5 or 6 button mouse manadory then we could have the best of both worlds.