PDA

View Full Version : Can two people sitting next to eachother play with one anoth

b3n
Oct 7, 2006, 06:27 PM
Me and my brother plan to dominate PSU. Im gona be a newman force and hes gona be a beast hunter. Can we buy two copies of PSU and set up two computers next to eachother and play in the same server? In other games this doesnt work because the game thinks we are cheating somehow. Does anyone know if we can do this or not?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: b3n on 2006-10-07 16:31 ]</font>

Spellbinder
Oct 7, 2006, 06:31 PM
If they're two separate copies of PSU, I don't think it would be a problem. But I don't know all the techincal stuff behind it.

Jozon
Oct 7, 2006, 06:35 PM
Your probably referring to being kicked from a server for having multiple connections off of a single line, that is a measure used in some fps's to ensure cheating doesn't happen to increase speed/lower ping, etc. gain an unfair advantage basically.

I would assume you could since PSU wouldn't seem like it would need a system like this, and I bet you could do it, though telling me "how you plan to hook it up" would help, are you trying to use a LAN to make them both go online through 1 conneciton, or do you have a splitter connecting to both pcs, or is do you have a wireless router?

Typhoeus
Oct 7, 2006, 06:37 PM
Describe: "In other games this doesnt work because the game thinks we are cheating somehow".

By that do you mean you get lag and disconnected continually or something else?

For most cases Spellbinder is right, as long as they are two legally purchased copies you'll be fine.

Edit: Well I'll be...you read my mind Zozon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-10-07 16:38 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 7, 2006, 06:40 PM
your fine, i did it with WoW and with FFXI.

b3n
Oct 7, 2006, 06:41 PM
Right now we are playing FPS since there arent many good games out. So when we join the same server we get kicked by punkbuster. Im not sure exactly why but id think it has something to do with preventing cheating. We would be using the same connection.

foamcup
Oct 7, 2006, 06:53 PM
My roommate and I played Quake 4 on the same servers and never got kicked by Punkbuster. I'm surprised you guys get kicked. Is your Punkbuster up to date? I had that problem a few times. Anyway, PSU will work.

TheStoicOne
Oct 7, 2006, 06:55 PM
Foamcup, are you and your roommate gonna do it w/ PSU?

Velocity_7
Oct 7, 2006, 06:58 PM
Already tested. Works fine if you have two separate accounts.

Besides, if they didn't allow it, they couldn't have those Netcafe events in Japan could they?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Velocity_7 on 2006-10-07 16:58 ]</font>

b3n
Oct 7, 2006, 07:01 PM
Will we need to pay for 2 internet accounts or can we just pay for one since we'll be in the same house?

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 7, 2006, 07:02 PM
On 2006-10-07 17:01, b3n wrote:
Will we need to pay for 2 internet accounts or can we just pay for one since we'll be in the same house?

Only 1 internet connection/account needed but 2 seperate PSU accounts needed aswell

foamcup
Oct 7, 2006, 07:25 PM
On 2006-10-07 16:55, TheStoicOne wrote:
Foamcup, are you and your roommate gonna do it w/ PSU?

No, cuz he has bad taste in games, he thinks shooters are the only thing worth playing.

TheStoicOne
Oct 7, 2006, 07:37 PM
HE could RA?