PDA

View Full Version : Return of Old weapons..or lack there of..?

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 7, 2006, 08:05 PM
I stand in mourning in the obsense of that scythe that made my PSO career worth enduring since Ver 2 on Dreamcast.., I wanted badly to reproduce the days of my FOmar going around with support magic, sliinging megid with my Soul banish slung over my shoulder, litteraly walking room to room, Leveling *everything* In sight..., but it seems those days are very much over. (and sad...when Episode 2 came out, me and a Hunney named Phalanx farmed the hell out of his Redria ID to find a soul banish from those god forsaken Sinews on those islands..and ultimately I had the 1st or 2nd soul banish in that game for the US release http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif took 3 weeks but it was worth it~~)

However there is still a ray of Light, is it true that some unique weapons will exist in the game that characters will be able to equip under certain conditions even if their item type goes agasint their techincal profeciencies? An example of this would be some of the rare items of pso (like the guitar that used the sword combo, you could be a class that generally had no access to swords usually and use it). Does anybody think its possible things like that will exist in PSU? If so, making a FOmar, Fortecher and awaiting the return of the Soul Eater/banish may be worth doing. Otherwise its on to make a HUnewman :/ at least he won't miss as much in Melee like my FOmar did, bleh -whimpers-

IF anybody has any light on this *any* info would be appreciated, thanks ahead of time.

Also, any word on what servers peoples on this server are going to be hanging out on Mostly? (or should I make another thread about that? blah)

Mah 10 cents.

Rizen
Oct 7, 2006, 08:10 PM
Already made a thread about the server thing. As for Soul Banish...I wont be missing it, it was duped to hell like any of the other cool weapons. Everyone ran around with it and it just got boring. As much as I loved using Soul Eater on my FOmar, I didnt like seeing all the Soul Banish. Only legit one I saw was my friend and he was damn excited when he got it to drop.
Im sure they will have some type of Scythe weapon in PSU, but as far as I know there isnt one atm.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 7, 2006, 08:15 PM
I played pre-insane dupeing, they were still doing the server-lag duping when we'd just started back then, so it wasn't out of hand. One of the best things ever to bust your ass to get it. And I saw a thread about what server you guys are gonna try to play on but no decicion was made. I was just following up on that, sorry if I was out of order there asking.

Anyways, mah 10 cents

vg_geek86
Oct 7, 2006, 08:16 PM
I made a topic like this a while back
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=120222&forum=20

Sadly not many results, maybe some1 can add more, as the game has been updated a little since then.

Rizen
Oct 7, 2006, 08:28 PM
Nah dont mind me....I can come off as a bit grumpy when I post at times.
We could make another thread to actually try to get an answer but might get trolled again.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Oct 7, 2006, 08:47 PM
On 2006-10-07 18:28, Rizen wrote:
Nah dont mind me....I can come off as a bit grumpy when I post at times.
We could make another thread to actually try to get an answer but might get trolled again.

Bleh, I remember you posting that toward ssomeone else before, lol N worries sir.

I want to remain optimistic and assume perhaps the Axe Class weapons may have a scythe-like weapon in its usage, as the scythe would have to work alot like the photon axes. (spears woudlnt' be practical, and the rods don't even have any real melee value do they?)

oh wells we'll have to see :/

ShadowDragon28
Oct 7, 2006, 08:53 PM
I really liked the Soul Eater and Soul Banish, it would be cool if a couple of rare "axes" were it fact Sythes.

It would be sooo fun to play a small-statuered hunewearl "grim reaper girl".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-10-07 18:54 ]</font>

Rizen
Oct 7, 2006, 09:07 PM
On 2006-10-07 18:47, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:
I want to remain optimistic and assume perhaps the Axe Class weapons may have a scythe-like weapon in its usage, as the scythe would have to work alot like the photon axes. (spears woudlnt' be practical, and the rods don't even have any real melee value do they?)

oh wells we'll have to see :/

I didnt even think of that....a scythe would be an excellent rare for an axe...
And yeah staves have no melee value, although spears do have awesome animation.