PDA

View Full Version : Monster and Land Variety

Belts
Oct 7, 2006, 09:28 PM
I am quitting FFXI because of PSU. The game is WAY too slow and time consuming to accomplish ANYTHING. It just doesn't work with me in college and having a job.

I am really looking foward to PSU because it seems to take what I hate about FFXI and completely fix it. Shorter, more action packed missions. Little/no wait time for parties. Action based combat instead of repetitive click-and-choose-an-action type combat. The list goes on.

However, I do enjoy that there are many different lands to venture into, and many types of monsters.

Is the land selection small in PSU, and do you run into the same monsters a lot? I am currently playing PSO while waiting for PSU, and I have noticed that constantly visiting the forest, and only having forest, caves, mines, and ruins to choose from can get pretty repetitive.

Rizen
Oct 7, 2006, 09:32 PM
Well the land variety is way better than PSO I can tell you that much. Areas are much wider than usual but can be short at times. Enemies are constantly reused, either retextured or what not, but almost every MMO is like that. Im sure since you played FFXI that you are constantly running into the same type of enemy with the same look different name.

Belts
Oct 7, 2006, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm glad that there is a lot more land variety.

One more question. As you level up, do new areas/enemies become available throughout the game, right up into level 50/60? Or do you have to start doing the same missions over and over at a certain level in order to keep going?

Ether
Oct 7, 2006, 09:45 PM
Right now all of the missions can be done at around level 15 for C rank, and then you have to repeat them at higher ranks to level. In the next update they are adding some mission that are geared specifically for high level players (S rank linear line) so hopefully those will be different