PDA

View Full Version : Best Solo Class?

Trinitystar
Oct 8, 2006, 03:08 PM
Hi all new to this game and looking forward to playing it. In a sit dawn I can play 15+ hours sometimes lol I know thats alot but I have alot of free time. I find that sometimes after my friends have loged and most of my guild has loged I play solo alot so I wanted to know want do you all think the best solo class will be?

CpwninOBrien
Oct 8, 2006, 03:10 PM
my moneys on protrancer melee range heals all good stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Itsuki
Oct 8, 2006, 03:14 PM
It'll probably be force / forte force with a melee PM.

Also, keep in mind that all classes solo pretty well since you can have a PM and your racial npc with you. That basically means you'll be "soloing" in a party of 3

Xx3of19xX
Oct 8, 2006, 03:39 PM
On 2006-10-08 13:10, CpwninOBrien wrote:
my moneys on protrancer melee range heals all good stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Protranser can't use techniques, but skills and bullets up to level 30.
I'd propably think that Wartecher is the best solo class, bit like the HUneys of old...

Slitz
Oct 8, 2006, 03:52 PM
I'm with Xx3of19xX on this one...
Wartechs ftw... ><;
Few Good Swings.
Few Good Heals.
Good.

Itsuki
Oct 8, 2006, 08:22 PM
You have to keep in mind that a wartecher is more of a force than a hunter. Its probably better to compare it to a FOmar than to a HUnewearl.

Xx3of19xX
Oct 8, 2006, 08:27 PM
Yeah you're right, req is lv 3 HU and lv 5 FO...

Kismet
Oct 8, 2006, 08:31 PM
Hmm... This is just my opinion but I think any class BUT fortecher, guntecher, and protranser are good solo classes.

-Wartechers are mostly magic so they can heal themselves and deal elemental damage, but protect themselves with melee.

-Fortefighters have good defense and attack, can stay alive longer, and deal a lot of damage.

-Fortegunner can deal a good amount of damage and all from a distance. So if they get into trouble, they'll be far away enough to run.

-And Fighgunner is pretty much a combo of fortegunner and fortefighter.

ProfessorZ
Oct 8, 2006, 08:53 PM
Guns guns guns and more guns

EJ
Oct 8, 2006, 08:58 PM
I would say any class can solo really but I think a hunter, wartecher and fortefighter are the best choice and from what I read unless it is wrong a wartecher can use up to lvl 30 skills but only to 10 techs thought they were more force oriented than hunterO.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EJ on 2006-10-08 19:06 ]</font>

Nephias
Oct 8, 2006, 09:10 PM
Yeah I've heard that as well EJ so that'd make'em more Hu/Fo than Fo/Hu if its indeed correct.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 8, 2006, 09:15 PM
Are you sure fortetechers arent good? does it differ alot from offline and online mode because i saw a movie of a fortecher just destroying 3 big monsteers at once in like 5 seconds althought there was one where it came kind of close to her dying btw that was offline

EJ
Oct 8, 2006, 09:26 PM
Yea a full fledge force with lvl 30 techs can destroy anything and I really think all the classes can solo.

Wubbie
Oct 8, 2006, 09:26 PM
Expert Modes aren't offline...

and Yes, Offline is much different than online.

Itsuki
Oct 9, 2006, 02:35 AM
On 2006-10-08 18:58, EJ wrote:
I would say any class can solo really but I think a hunter, wartecher and fortefighter are the best choice and from what I read unless it is wrong a wartecher can use up to lvl 30 skills but only to 10 techs thought they were more force oriented than hunterO.o
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EJ on 2006-10-08 19:06 ]</font>

I think that information was from someone speculating and not confirmed. Since they aren't online, we probably don't know yet. It is rather unlikely that anything other than a Fortefighter can use skills up to 30. Chances are a Wartecher would be able to use 20/20.

What we do know is that you need FO lv 5 and HU lv 3. And we also know that wartechers are only proficient in twin dagger, dagger, and wand. All three of those are already normal force weapons. All of the weapons it gains for being a wartecher its not proficient in. It seems rather silly to me for it to have high skills and low techs.

Anyways, back on subject. Yes, all classes can solo once they get to a certain point, but they all have their strengths and weaknesses when soloing. So this leaves you with a big question "Where are you trying to solo?"

Rangers have the obvious limitation of PP. But if their PP can get them to the end of a stage, they can generally solo that area really well. They're especially good in certain areas like Maotoob and Neudaiz areas, where hunters and forces aren't as good.

Forces solo best in areas with large groups of monsters that stay close together. Preferably that don't move around alot. They also solo better than HU/RA in areas with high def monsters like Hakura and Endrum.

Hunters don't seem to do well vs mobs of spellcasters like maotoob canyon 1 or where monsters move around to much.

If you ask what can solo in the most places, Forces is your obvious choice.

Of course, as I said in my previous posts, your own PM and your racial NPC can fill in your characters flaws. So in the end, it doesn't matter what class you are, because you'll never truly be alone.

Saner
Oct 9, 2006, 08:24 AM
Rangers are the easiest to solo.

Forces are too fragile that they are not as easy. they deal great damage but take damage more than others.

so rangers are balanced in endurance and have the best range so they are the safest class.

AngelLight
Oct 9, 2006, 08:29 AM
I think at the point that money isn't the issue, Protrancer will be a really good way to go. Anyone who has played a Trap Ranger in GW will tell you, when its just you and your targets and you have time to plan, trapping is really the safest way to go.

Cost will most likely be the biggest hurdle to overcome if you're farming with protransers.

But in a game like this, any class has the potential to solo well. Class constraints aren't as strict here as they are in other games of this ilk.

happy_peanut
Oct 9, 2006, 08:34 AM
hehe we all know what the best Solo class is........................ITS ANY!! because it depends on the players no the class you silly people....if you think about it you know im right....but also as we all know everyone thinks there class is the best lol N/E dont worry whos best class n just play what you enjoy and enjoy PSU!

Trinitystar
Oct 9, 2006, 01:12 PM
This may be silly to some but I have to ask, In FFLX I played on the PC and the PS2 at the same time all I did was put one on follow and kill with the other, having one heal as needed. Can it be done in PSU? I have already prepaid for both PS2 and PC games but not knowing much about this 1st game PSO I have no idea if I can pull it off. I play alot and soloing is fun for me so thats why I make my own little team if I can, so if anyone knows if I can do this in PSU let me know.

Natrokos
Oct 9, 2006, 01:22 PM
I say Newman force (basic force) with C-rank youmei dagger and no armor or techs....Just a guess.

Itsuki
Oct 9, 2006, 01:26 PM
I think at the point that money isn't the issue, Protrancer will be a really good way to go. Anyone who has played a Trap Ranger in GW will tell you, when its just you and your targets and you have time to plan, trapping is really the safest way to go.
Traps in PSU are expensive and don't really deal damage, they're more of a utility thing that you use in parties. Also, there is no point that money isn't an issue. Atleast not yet. People have put in 200+ hours and still need money, and probably will continue to need money.

And there is no follow command, so you can't really do that, unless you have more limbs than I do and can control 2 characters at once. Not to mention any character not dodging and moving is generally toasted.

Genobee
Oct 10, 2006, 01:03 AM
if it's any thing like PSO?

the answer is any class.

also if you don't like what you are you can always change it

ghaleonreborn
Oct 10, 2006, 07:31 PM
i cant wait till this game comes out
dual sabers one saber and a handgun two hand guns this is gonna rock