PDA

View Full Version : Will PSU be windowed?

Taus
Oct 8, 2006, 08:09 PM
Hello everyone, I am a former FFXI, WoW, and PSO (Gamecube) Player and actually have only one question about PSU for now. I've looked at the game and have decided to pick it up in light of my FFXI account being cancelled.
My question is this, I am getting PSU for the PC and want to know if the game can be windowed. My FFXI account was permabanned because i had a windower and I wanted to know if there was a risk i am taking before I pick up the game.

Ether
Oct 8, 2006, 08:10 PM
Yes, you can fullscreen or window the game

On 2006-10-08 18:09, Taus wrote:
My FFXI account was permabanned because i had a windower

Wow, square really banned people for that? Shows how ignorant they are

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-10-08 18:11 ]</font>

Slitz
Oct 8, 2006, 08:11 PM
You better hope so. ;D
jk
I don't know, really.
I personally, hope it can be windowed.. becauase I'll be on PC, myself.

Edit:
kk, well Ether posted before I could Submit lol.

Windower not only WINDOWED ffxi, but it also added a few other tweaks to the game. Like being able to see your other party members TP.

It was a 3rd party program, which was indeed against the agreement... I still use it lol.

Key is, don't get caught. ;P

But I'm canceling my FFXI account in a few days, anyways.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slitz on 2006-10-08 18:13 ]</font>

Taus
Oct 8, 2006, 08:11 PM
Thank you very much.

Taus
Oct 8, 2006, 08:13 PM
On 2006-10-08 18:10, Ether wrote:
Yes, you can fullscreen or window the game

Wow, square really banned people for that? Shows how ignorant they are

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-10-08 18:11 ]</font>

Yes, they went through and permabanned people that had GM calls on them for various things. They banned speed hackers and windower users. i just happened to be one of the poor saps that got permabanned.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 8, 2006, 08:14 PM
yea i seen ppl playing psu in windows

crazyrobot
Oct 8, 2006, 08:15 PM

awww Were your doing something notty in FFXI? I heard many ppl got banned for speed hacking and other such things in FFXI recently.

Taus
Oct 8, 2006, 08:18 PM
On 2006-10-08 18:16, crazyrobot wrote:

awww Were your doing something notty in FFXI? I heard many ppl got banned for speed hacking and other such things in FFXI recently.

No, nothing naughty in FFXI. One of the people in my HNMLS had a hack to get mobs however... and he didn't get banned.
Just windower.

AquaFlare7
Oct 8, 2006, 08:21 PM
Windowed up to 1024x768 and resizeable. As with PSOBB, alt+tabbing out of the game while in full screen will crash the client.

Belts
Oct 8, 2006, 08:21 PM
Woah, what do you call a double-post when there are 7 of them? o.O

vg_geek86
Oct 8, 2006, 08:22 PM
Crazy, post one more time, I dont think i caught that =P

crazyrobot
Oct 8, 2006, 08:25 PM
lol oops i fixed it

Souppy
Oct 8, 2006, 08:29 PM
7 posts? hmm...

And yes, one of my friend got permabanned from ffxi because of windower too... but you know, they told everyone that they could get banned for using a 3rd party software on ffxi. I believe that speed hacking was worth getting permabanned but not windower. Windower was, in fact, very usefull for players. Speed hacking was for... well... hacking. I thought it was just unfair to use speed hacking. A camper's nightmare for large spawn area NMs.

Souppy
Oct 8, 2006, 08:31 PM
I hope that we won't see 90% of ppl having a Tsukimiri J-Sword after a month in PSU... lol...

crazyrobot
Oct 8, 2006, 08:34 PM
In FFXI lots of ppl got permabanned for using BOTs to claim certain NMs the only way for them to do away with cheating on FFXI is to get rid of everyone that used any 3rd party programs I guess.

Taus
Oct 8, 2006, 08:34 PM
On 2006-10-08 18:29, Souppy wrote:
but you know, they told everyone that they could get banned for using a 3rd party software on ffxi.

I know, and that's why im not bitter about it. I just wanted to know if i was going to be taking another risk like that.

EJ
Oct 8, 2006, 08:51 PM
Yes PSU will have a window mode you just need to set it up in the settings just like BB.

It comes full screen by default.

A2K
Oct 8, 2006, 09:05 PM
Actually, when I installed the game, it was windowed by default.

EJ
Oct 8, 2006, 09:07 PM
really?

Because when I played it for the first time it was full screen and had to set it up into window mode after.

February
Oct 8, 2006, 09:49 PM
Yeah when I installed it was windowed by default.

Kent
Oct 8, 2006, 09:58 PM
...lol

Nothing personal, but I just have to laugh at anyone banned for using a Windower with FFXI.

Just... You know... it is against the terms of service, and you violated them knowingly. A ban headed your way, is something you asked for, on your own.

Anyway, yes, PSU can be windowed. I, too, have seen screenshots of it, as well as the options (basically the same as PSOBB).

Taus
Oct 8, 2006, 10:15 PM
On 2006-10-08 19:58, Kent wrote:
...lol

Nothing personal, but I just have to laugh at anyone banned for using a Windower with FFXI.

Just... You know... it is against the terms of service, and you violated them knowingly. A ban headed your way, is something you asked for, on your own.

Thanks for explaining something that I already know and have not complained about?

AquaFlare7
Oct 8, 2006, 10:50 PM
Just some useful information to add to the fire pit:

Unfortunately, PSU will not support widescreen even with HDTV slowly taking over the world. This means that if I want to play full screen I have to connect it to my television unless I want it to become bloated. Yay for having a great 512mb video card that has a bug with widescreen aspect ratio?

Another thing I can confirm is that there is absolutely no way to enforce anti aliasing. I myself have tried for hours and came out empty handed. My guess is that it has something to do with PSU's software protection, but I may be a bit off?

Hemorrhage
Oct 8, 2006, 10:58 PM
I remember when I tried FF11, Square is so stupid for not allowing you to window the game. At least I quit playing that trash of a game after a couple weeks.

What are the max Full-Screen resolutions it supports? Since the game doesn't support wide-screen, does it at least support 1280X1024?

AquaFlare7
Oct 8, 2006, 11:01 PM
On 2006-10-08 20:58, Hemorrhage wrote:
I remember when I tried FF11, Square is so stupid for not allowing you to window the game. At least I quit playing that trash of a game after a couple weeks.

What are the max Full-Screen resolutions it supports? Since the game doesn't support wide-screen, does it at least support 1280X1024?

640x480
800x600
1024x768

That's it. Looks great if you have an svideo or component out and you use a television as a monitor though. Tv's are 640x480 resolution natively (non HD ones) so the game looks as good as kingdom hearts on my 32 inch screen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2006-10-08 21:02 ]</font>

Lovejuice
Oct 8, 2006, 11:03 PM
On 2006-10-08 21:01, AquaFlare7 wrote:

Nope.

?

I can choose 1280x1024 in my PSU settings for both windowed and full-screen modes (but nothing higher than that).

McLaughlin
Oct 8, 2006, 11:10 PM
On 2006-10-08 20:50, AquaFlare7 wrote:

Unfortunately, PSU will not support widescreen even with HDTV slowly taking over the world. This means that if I want to play full screen I have to connect it to my television unless I want it to become bloated. Yay for having a great 512mb video card that has a bug with widescreen aspect ratio?

Another thing I can confirm is that there is absolutely no way to enforce anti aliasing. I myself have tried for hours and came out empty handed. My guess is that it has something to do with PSU's software protection, but I may be a bit off?

PSU on the Xbox 360 supports 720p.

EDIT: How could I make so many typos in a one-lined post?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-10-08 21:11 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 8, 2006, 11:11 PM
game resolution cant go higher than your current screen resolution. :/ correct me if im wrong though

AquaFlare7
Oct 8, 2006, 11:12 PM
On 2006-10-08 21:03, Lovejuice wrote:

On 2006-10-08 21:01, AquaFlare7 wrote:

Nope.

?

I can choose 1280x1024 in my PSU settings for both windowed and full-screen modes (but nothing higher than that).

Must be yet another flaw with the ViewSonic wide screen monitor I bought then? Can't be my system as I don't think there is any particular thing about it that could be improved.

EDIT: How embarrassing. I just realized my monitor resolution is 1440x900, hence why 1280x1024 isn't available.

It still doesn't make up for the fact that anti aliasing was cut out though. I run PSOBB at 8xS anti-aliasing, and I know I could do the same for PSU if they'd let me. I guess they weren't kidding when they said it is more or less a direct port from the ps2 -_-;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2006-10-08 21:16 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 8, 2006, 11:15 PM
some cheaper monitors / LCD's max resolution is only 1024x768

Weak
Oct 9, 2006, 02:28 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna be stuck with windowed mode... My monitor is 1920 by 1200.

SephYuyX
Oct 9, 2006, 09:01 AM
FFXI can be any resolution you want it to be, though you have to change it via registry to do so. It will actually look good in widescreen too.

PS. No one gets banned for just using windower (no one has, ever), people get banned for using windower + hacks. If they say they got banned just because of windower, theyre lying.

Valkayree
Oct 9, 2006, 09:25 AM
No because despite popular belief, using a windower is considered 3rd party software and a violation of the user agreement. If you did not think you would get banned for giving yourself an unfair advantage then you should be living on Mars breathing through a limited oxygen tank. Window all you want, I don't care, I'll be on the 360, where cheaters like yourself can not be found.

kassy
Oct 9, 2006, 09:26 AM
PSU's 5 available PC resolutions are:

640x480
800x600
1024x768
1280x960
1280x1024

Course these are dependent on what monitor you have.

DraginHikari
Oct 9, 2006, 09:28 AM
Expect a windower is built into PSU by default. And simplely believe that being on 360 will lack all cheaters that's rather inaccurate.

SephYuyX
Oct 9, 2006, 09:30 AM
You do realize over 90% of the people who play on PC use windower, right?

PS. Alt-tabbing is the definitive of cheating, may the world suffer with Mars' atmosphere.

Valkayree
Oct 9, 2006, 09:48 AM
On 2006-10-09 07:28, DraginHikari wrote:
Expect a windower is built into PSU by default. And simplely believe that being on 360 will lack all cheaters that's rather inaccurate.

No but everyone will be running on the same platform, with limited access to cheating tools commonly found with PC users. No, being on 360 will not limit the cheating entirely, but at least I don't have to put up with some loser running two windows open at the same time, one being a map with all the possible enemy locations and quest points marked clearly. That = unfair advantage. I realize that some 360 users will have their computers open looking at maps as well, but at least it is inconvenient for them to do so, most of the time. They have to move back and forth between CPU and console. And in addition most PC programs with windower eventually bundle in things like speed hacks and even more unfair advantages, just giving PC players an edge that they should not be entitled to. If you don't understand the phrase "violating user agreement by using 3rd party software" then you deserve to have your account banned.

SephYuyX
Oct 9, 2006, 09:56 AM
On 2006-10-09 07:48, Valkayree wrote:

On 2006-10-09 07:28, DraginHikari wrote:

No but everyone will be running on the same platform, with limited access to cheating tools commonly found with PC users. No, being on 360 will not limit the cheating entirely, but at least I don't have to put up with some loser running two windows open at the same time, one being a map with all the possible enemy locations and quest points marked clearly. That = unfair advantage. I realize that some 360 users will have their computers open looking at maps as well, but at least it is inconvenient for them to do so, most of the time. They have to move back and forth between CPU and console. And in addition most PC programs with windower eventually bundle in things like speed hacks and even more unfair advantages, just giving PC players an edge that they should not be entitled to. If you don't understand the phrase "violating user agreement by using 3rd party software" then you deserve to have your account banned.

Ok.. so, its wrong for people to alt-tab, but If I owned the PS2/360 copy, and used a computer to look at a map, thats ok? Wow, thats pretty ignorant. Inconvenient? My PS2/TV is right next to my PC, I sit in the same chair and play FFXI/other and Disgaea2 at the same time.

Your logic fails.

Oh, and you do realize its pretty easy to cheat on 360 right? You know that you can hook up a 360 to your PC and do what ever you want to it, right? You know you can route your 360 connection through your PC/router and modify packets, right?

Wihat PC programs packed with hacks? Wtf are you talking about and where are you getting this infomation from? Is there some forum that only children who know nothing about computers/consoles/anything post on?

Wow.

GIHeavyDuty
Oct 9, 2006, 10:39 AM
On 2006-10-08 20:50, AquaFlare7 wrote:

you know i have the same bug, do you have an ATI card aswell?

Valkayree
Oct 9, 2006, 12:12 PM
On 2006-10-09 07:56, SephirothYuyX wrote:

Ok.. so, its wrong for people to alt-tab, but If I owned the PS2/360 copy, and used a computer to look at a map, thats ok? Wow, thats pretty ignorant. Inconvenient? My PS2/TV is right next to my PC, I sit in the same chair and play FFXI/other and Disgaea2 at the same time.

Your logic fails.

Oh, and you do realize its pretty easy to cheat on 360 right? You know that you can hook up a 360 to your PC and do what ever you want to it, right? You know you can route your 360 connection through your PC/router and modify packets, right?

Wihat PC programs packed with hacks? Wtf are you talking about and where are you getting this infomation from? Is there some forum that only children who know nothing about computers/consoles/anything post on?

Wow.

No it is wrong for people to use third party software like "Windower" to give themselves an unfair advantage. So what if windower works just like Alt-Tab, it is a third party software and voilates the user agreement. If you want to alt tab, be my guest, just don't have third party software running in the background to help you accomplish it, becuase it violates the user agreement. So my first point of logic succeeds, jackass.

I know that you can connect to your network and may connect to a computer running windows media center, yes, but if you are somehow incenuating that this is a portal to cheat with, I won't deny that it is possible, and I have wondered many times if that is indeed the case, however, after researching I have determined that you would need to install some sort of malicious code enabling you to do so. When this said code enters said game and that game goes online, the code is read by Microsoft's server as malicious, and they take appropriate action. So yes it can happen, but not for long if the box goes online. Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can modify packets all under the watchful eye of Microsoft with the help of the user feedback system. Just try modifying them for long without finding yourself purchasing a new account with mommy's credit card. So wow, that's twice my logic has failed to fail, wait that means my logic succeeded didn't it? Hmm, guess you might want to take lunch, eat that cookie, and think about insulting my intellect once more.

Ok, now let's review this statement one moment...

On 2006-10-09 07:56, SephirothYuyX wrote:

Wow.

Ok, here's logic for you.

Point 1 - Using Windower is not cheating, correct? That's according to you.

Point 2 - People have been banned for using just Windower, nothing more.

Point 3 - People only get banned when they are cheating.

Conclusion - Under your logic, using Windower must be cheating or you would not get banned for using it. But if Windower is not cheating, then why to the banning agencies believe it is cheating? Does that make sense? Can the logic penetrate your thick skull? Take the car key out of your ear and pay attention.

The only situation using your logic that can come from all this is that if this Windower is not a form of cheating but people get banned for using it, then something must be packaged in with these programs that these banning agencies do not like. They wouldn't just ban you for no reason now would they? But if people are using these programs that are not considered cheating, and thats all they use, then why are they banned? I won't lie to you I've never used programs to give myself an unfair advantage, because I feel that I don't need them to excel. You on the other hand, may feel like you just can't keep up with the skilled gamers and you need a little metaphoric illegal NOX to give you that little edge you need to push yourself ahead. And all this coming from a guy who names himself after a character that 520,456,375 other people already named themselves after. Be a cheating lemming, I don't care, just don't insult my intellect or you will be put in your place. And by the way I guarantee that I'm old enough to be your father.

Dhylec
Oct 9, 2006, 12:21 PM
I think the OP's question already answered in the first page: Yes, PSU can be played in window mode.
It's now going off topic, so let's leave it here.