PDA

View Full Version : S-Ranks Best weapons till rares?

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 8, 2006, 11:06 PM
S-rank weapons the best till we find rares or am i missing something?

Ether
Oct 8, 2006, 11:09 PM
S-Rank weapons are anything 10 star or above, so they pretty much are the rares

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 8, 2006, 11:12 PM
i bought an S rank from vendor, is that considered rare or do they have a different color font for the name like in pso?

Lovejuice
Oct 8, 2006, 11:26 PM
Offline works a bit strange. Once you've cleared story mode you can buy certain S-Ranks (weapons, armors and units) from certain shops. The S-Rank weapons available have unique 'rare' features (flaming sabers, daggers that spit feathers, unique looking wand and such) that would say that, yes, they are rare, and just on sale as a reward for completing the story mode (they're still super expensive though). There are still some S-Rank rares you can not buy offline, such as the Whitill Wing and Svaltus Sword. You can not buy any S-Rank items online as yet. One would assume that such items will need to be found/synthesised online due to their unique 'rare' appearance and generally super stats.

A lot of 7* and up things count as 'rare' within online mode, as in, the drop 'box' may be red and the 'PLAYER X GET ITEM Y' dialogue will display for all players to see (for example, it did this earlier when I found a Scape Doll). The font colour for S-Ranks appears to still be the same as everything else (at least judging from offline S-Ranks), but the star rating is bright yellow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-10-08 21:42 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 8, 2006, 11:51 PM
thanks for clearing that up for me

DoubleJG
Oct 9, 2006, 02:02 AM
From what I've noticed, weapons on PSU just seem to go up in rank/power and whatnot (I always thought it was color until I read that the color reflects its element). I know that online mode is still very limited at the moment, but even in extra mode it seems as if there are barely any "cool and unique items that look different and awesome" as it was with PSO (which made your character stand out more). Hopefully they release unique looking items in due time, atleast more of them..

Valkayree
Oct 9, 2006, 09:38 AM
Give it time, I'm sure they will unlock something cool for us.

Itsuki
Oct 9, 2006, 01:15 PM
Theres still alot of content left to be unlocked. As it stands, everything over 5 star is relatively prestigious right now. Wether that makes you look awesome or not is a different question. We'll have to see when the time comes. But the "Rare" items appear to be alot more common now for several reasons. First off, weapons break when grinding, so a rare weapon my not be good by itself. But a +10 "rare" weapon will probably be amazing. Also, because of player shops, rare items are alot easier to find around. You can just search for what you want and chances are someone is selling it. Of course, how much it costs is another story.

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 9, 2006, 03:17 PM
in PSO some rares were sold in shops, like Last Surviver and Justy. Same thing in PSU as well. no big deal.

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2006, 03:22 PM
Last Survivor and Justy? WTF? I never saw them in the shop. Did you need to be like lvl 200 to get them? On PSO the weapons in shops we lame anyway...