PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on the new photon coloring schemata

AquaFlare7
Oct 8, 2006, 11:21 PM
Background Information:
For those who do not know, weapons no longer are colored by their strength. In PSO a dagger was green, with the stronger knife being blue. In PSU all weapons are green. The new coloring schemata is based on elemental properties, where a fire elemental sword photon is red, and the rest of the weapon is what changes colors.

On With The Discussion:
I am personally getting mixed feelings about this change. On one hand people can tell what kind of element your weapon is easily, but on the other hand a lv50 sword looks no different than the one you start out with. I like PSO's coloring scheme a little bit more in that respect.

What do you think?

Notes: added information based on mech's post below.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2006-10-08 21:32 ]</font>

AnamanaAU
Oct 8, 2006, 11:22 PM
I like it.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 8, 2006, 11:23 PM
i think a lvl 50 sword should have a diff cooler handel myself like katana or sumthin, choosing blade colour is cool bcause u can match outfits better

Oreic
Oct 8, 2006, 11:24 PM
From what ive heard is that the color of the metal on the weapon is the part that changes acording to strength.

mech259_
Oct 8, 2006, 11:24 PM
The weapons change colors as their rank goes up. The photon color is affected by your element.

So when you use most melee weapons, you'll see the photon color. But when you use guns, you'll mainly see the weapon color. Canes are kindof a mix of the two.

AquaFlare7
Oct 8, 2006, 11:25 PM
On 2006-10-08 21:24, mech259_ wrote:
The weapons change colors as their rank goes up. The photon color is affected by your element.

So when you use most melee weapons, you'll see the photon color. But when you use guns, you'll mainly see the weapon color. Canes are kind of a mix of the two.

Learn something new everyday. I guess I never pay attention to the metal of the weapon since I am always staring at the uber photon glow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm not online now but I wonder if you could confirm something for me with this new information. Do the weapons go along with the same coloring as PSO's photons had? From green to blue to pink etc?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2006-10-08 21:26 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 8, 2006, 11:25 PM
Indeed, mech speaks the truth. Also, I'd imagine people will use rares once they become more readily available, so that would really make this point moot.

ProfessorZ
Oct 8, 2006, 11:32 PM
I'm making dark weapons all the way

Kyuu
Oct 8, 2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah, because color swaps were so exciting that I can't imagine a world where my awesome weapon doesn't look exactly the same except purple instead of green. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Besides, as pointed out, the color swaps are still there, it's just on the physical part of the weapon rather than the photons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-10-09 00:17 ]</font>

A2K
Oct 8, 2006, 11:35 PM
On 2006-10-08 21:25, AquaFlare7 wrote:
Learn something new everyday. I guess I never pay attention to the metal of the weapon since I am always staring at the uber photon glow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm not online now but I wonder if you could confirm something for me with this new information. Do the weapons go along with the same coloring as PSO's photons had? From green to blue to pink etc?

C Rank:
1 Star = Red Casing
2 Star = Blue Casing
3 Star = Green Casing

B Rank:
4 Star = Yellow Casing
5 Star = Orange Casing(?)
6 Star = Purple Casing(?)

Anything beyond that is redesigned entirely, I believe.

Cigaro
Oct 8, 2006, 11:53 PM
It seems to make more sense, I guess.

Itsuki
Oct 9, 2006, 02:07 AM
I posted this in another thread, but might as well repost here:

C rank handguns, left == 1 star, right == 3 star
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/CrankHandguns.jpg

B rank mechguns, left == 4 star, right == 6 star (also, sorry about the photon colors, forgot to unequip bullets)
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/BrankMechguns.jpg

Kyuu
Oct 9, 2006, 02:16 AM
Wonder why they only made the grip and muzzle on the mechguns change color, rather than the whole thing. o_0

Ah well.

Cigaro
Oct 9, 2006, 02:19 AM
It really doesn't matter. Once the english version is released, within a month using anything less than seven stars will be laughable.

Itsuki
Oct 9, 2006, 01:22 PM
Thats not actually true. If its anything like the japanese online version, then 7s won't even be equipable at first.

But beyond that, a lower star weapon grinded further can be far better than a higher star weapon grinded to a low amount. Lets take an example, I often get made fun of by kyori for pimping my +6 to +7 3 star guns on my ranger. But, when it comes down to it, a +7 3 star grm rifle has more atp than an ungrinded 6 star rifle. Most people tend to use 5 star, and it has roughly the same atp as a +3 5star rifle. Of course, the 5 star rifle will have marginally better ATA and better PP, but at up to 10x the cost. And to make it worse, the 3 star rifle will refill its PP for less per PP.

I'd personally rather be the person walking around with a +10 3 star newb looking gun that cost me 10k, then walking around with the 7 star that I'm too scared to grind because it cost me 200k to make.

vg_geek86
Oct 9, 2006, 01:29 PM
I like it personally. I just wish I could choose the color of the grip of the weapon besides it just changing with the rank of the weapon.