PDA

View Full Version : Unique looking items

DoubleJG
Oct 9, 2006, 02:05 AM
I've seen many screenshots and videos of people playing offline extra mode. Now, it seems as if I always see the same weapons. Even players of level 100 don't seem to really have "different" and unique looking gear either.

My question is, have the people who play the JP version of extra mode really discovered everything there is to extra mode (item/weapon/room design wise)? Or are there still a few mysteries that have yet to be discovered such as goofy or awesome looking weapons?

Ryogen
Oct 9, 2006, 02:08 AM
I'm guessing that is becuase the people who play are playing japanese...and don't know japanese. I'm a translator, but I don't have it.

Belts
Oct 9, 2006, 02:29 AM
I'm hoping that stronger weapons will look unique. I do not like the idea of a high/max level character holding an amazingly strong weapon, but it looks no different than what a level 1 character starts with.

I can live with it, though... I guess. True strength shows when those high damage numbers pop up and through actual skill of the player.

AquaFlare7
Oct 9, 2006, 02:50 AM
On 2006-10-09 00:29, Belts wrote:
I'm hoping that stronger weapons will look unique. I do not like the idea of a high/max level character holding an amazingly strong weapon, but it looks no different than what a level 1 character starts with.

I can live with it, though... I guess. True strength shows when those high damage numbers pop up and through actual skill of the player.

Only rare weapons look any different to the untrained eye. the non-photon part of weapons have different colors based on their rank but other than that your stuck with the same models.

Belts
Oct 9, 2006, 02:55 AM
Reused models with different color schemes is such a thing of the past... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Oh well, I'm pretty sure PSU has enough going for it that this won't stick out too much.

AquaFlare7
Oct 9, 2006, 03:14 AM
On 2006-10-09 00:55, Belts wrote:
Reused models with different color schemes is such a thing of the past... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Oh well, I'm pretty sure PSU has enough going for it that this won't stick out too much.

PSU is definitely worth it. You have to admit that most mmorpgs use model replicas to better control bandwidth usage and hard drive space.

Having said that I would also like to remind you that they introduced weapon "manufacturers" into the game (3 of them so far). Each manufacturer's weapon looks a little different from the others.

DrewSeleski
Oct 9, 2006, 09:28 AM
Also extra mode doesn't have all the content that is going to be online, expert classes etc. It can all be hacked in offline, but you probably won't see most people doing that.

Valkayree
Oct 9, 2006, 09:35 AM
I'm sure they are there, they are probably just waiting to unlock them once everyone has the game for about a month.

Tycho
Oct 9, 2006, 10:09 AM
If there was still stuff we wouldn't know about, we.. wouldn't know about it.

A2K
Oct 9, 2006, 10:40 AM
On 2006-10-09 00:55, Belts wrote:

In this case, though, it fits into the context of "mass-produced/standard-issue by various manufacturers" rather well.