PDA

View Full Version : PS2 controller layout?

zemog
Oct 9, 2006, 02:38 AM
I could not find the info in the PSUpedia, the main page, nor within the first few pages of the boards...

I'd like to know the complete layout of the control mapping on the PS2 controller. I've been concerned about the camera control, mainly, but I'd like a complete rundown if anyone has played it or is at least familiar with it.

A2K
Oct 9, 2006, 08:28 AM
Camera control is handled by the right-handed stick. L1 will center the camera behind your character/allow for strafing.

Left-stick = Character Movement
D-Pad = Chat Shortcut, Menu Navigation
Right-stick = Move Camera
Click Right-stick = First-person perspective (with reticle on some guns)
L1 = Strafe/Center Camera
L2 = Scroll Left-Hand Action Palette (Items), View Notifications (Mail, Missions, Etc.)
R1(hold) = Switch to off-hand weapon (this can be set to toggle instead)
R2 = Scroll Right Side of Action Palette (Weapons)
X = Cancel Selection (may switch with O in domestic)
O = Confirm Selection/Pick Up/Activate (may switch with X in domestic)
Square = Normal Attack/Technique
Triangle = Photon Art attack/Technique
Start = Open Menu?
Select = Toggle Character Name Displays?

I'm not quite too sure about the Start and Select functions on PS2. This should be mostly accurate, though.

Phaze37
Oct 9, 2006, 01:53 PM
With these controls it looks like you can only scroll through your action palletes in one direction. I heard from somewhere that you can scroll throught the action palletes in two directions by using L1 and L2 to scroll up and down through items, and by using R1 and R2 to scroll up and down through weapons. Is this correct? It would be kind of lame if you could only scroll through your action palette's in one direction. Could someone clear this up for me? I was under the impression that one of the face buttons brought up the action pallete and once the action pallete was up the usual shoulder button functions were replaced with functions to scroll through the action palettes. I'm probably way off, so could someone explain it to me? I just hope we're not stuck having to scroll through all 6 weapons if we accidentally scroll past the weapon we need.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phaze37 on 2006-10-09 11:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phaze37 on 2006-10-09 11:56 ]</font>