PDA

View Full Version : the XBox360 website says 40 dungeons..... how many are out n

Saner
Oct 9, 2006, 05:24 AM
well lets see.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/p/phantasystaruniversexbox360/

Experience: Travel the galaxy and develop your character while adventuring in 40 dungeons in a single-player campaing.

hmmm well we have seen online;

Linear Line
Rahpon Plains
Relics
Mizuraki forest
Temple
Moatoob rocky lands/whatever
new relics
subway (?)

hmmm well um um did they mean 40 dungeons are in areas with multiple sections/blocks for each area?

or 40 dungeons in total (counting blocks)?

oh whoops the description was talking about the single player campaign. but um um one would think the online will eventually have just as many areas like the offline story, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-10-09 03:25 ]</font>

February
Oct 9, 2006, 05:28 AM
I thought I heard somewhere that online some of the levels would be randomly generated, is that truth or does anyone know?

Nephias
Oct 9, 2006, 05:28 AM
I just hope they update frequently and we get new dungeons/missions within a reasonable time frame and not "LOL AMERIKKIA EUUROPE/IGNORE."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nephias on 2006-10-09 03:30 ]</font>

Saner
Oct 9, 2006, 05:51 AM
yes they are random generated but like before, it's basically 2 or 3 premade variations of each location that is randomly chosen when you select that mission/location.

but ya it's better than just one variation. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Xx3of19xX
Oct 9, 2006, 06:48 AM
Just like PSO then with the variants of the stages? Cool, I liked that feature.
Doesn't eh offline story have like 12 chapters? Do you get send on several missions each chapter or just one?

Saner
Oct 9, 2006, 06:59 AM
I'm not sure, but the chapters I seen only have 1 mission. I heard there are side missions too maybe.

AnnabellaRenee87
Oct 9, 2006, 07:18 AM
On 2006-10-09 03:28, Nephias wrote:
I just hope they update frequently and we get new dungeons/missions within a reasonable time frame and not "LOL AMERIKKIA EUUROPE/IGNORE."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nephias on 2006-10-09 03:30 ]</font>

we should get updates fairly soon seeing as how we will be able to play with Japaneses people

DevilsArm
Oct 9, 2006, 08:18 AM
the website also says multiplayer versus.

A2K
Oct 9, 2006, 08:20 AM
Network Mode already has a few areas that weren't available for play in Story Mode. Conversely, there are still Story Mode areas that aren't available online.

There's one "mission" per chapter, but it might take you through to more than one area. (For example, one chapter in particular has Ethan and co. fighting their way through the Raffon Meadow in order to get to the Relics there.)

Honestly, you probably shouldn't take the "40 dungeon" count too seriously. From a marketing perspective, it can mean any number of things.

Carlo210
Oct 9, 2006, 10:45 AM
On 2006-10-09 03:51, Saner wrote:
yes they are random generated but like before, it's basically 2 or 3 premade variations of each location that is randomly chosen when you select that mission/location.

but ya it's better than just one variation. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ah, so it's like Diablo 2. That's awesome (I liked how D2 levels had multiple different layouts).

Phoenix_Black
Oct 9, 2006, 01:51 PM
On 2006-10-09 05:18, Neoistheone wrote:

On 2006-10-09 03:28, Nephias wrote:

we should get updates fairly soon seeing as how we will be able to play with Japaneses people

Not really, seeing as Japan gets theirs in November. We arn't connected with all of Japan, just Xbox 360.

Taichi
Oct 9, 2006, 01:58 PM
I thought the JPN version was coming out in December?

Itsuki
Oct 9, 2006, 03:58 PM
If you count the missions to get to outposts, there are close to 20 online already. And its very apparent we have only about half of the content.

Keep in mind each of these has about 3 blocks each:
Colony:
Linear line 1
Linear line 2 (seed)

Parum:
Raphon plains 1
Raphon plains 2 (de ragan)
Raphon Relics
Raphon Lake
Endrum Plant
Undersea Lab

Neudaiz:
Mizuraki Preserve 1
Mizuraki Preserve 2 / Onma's Nest
Hakura Temple (Degana)
Shikon
Agata (Rainbow)
Agata Relics

Maotoob:
Desert 1
Desert 2 (Deima)
Canyon 1
Canyon 2

That makes 18. Excuse me if I forgot something. Now, as I said, each of these has about 3 blocks in them. But some are sort of repeats. If you condense the repeats, you're down to 12. Also, some of the enemies bleed from one area to another, and some areas use combinations of monsters from other areas. For example, Agata relics uses mostly monsters from Agata combined with some monster from raphon relics. Think of some of these areas like the VR areas from episode 2.