PDA

View Full Version : So no big updates?

Belts
Oct 9, 2006, 01:43 PM
Pretty much what I am hearing is that whatever is on the disk is what we will get. It's just that they keep things locked and later unlock them.

So once everything is unlocked, then what? Nothing new? Nothing to hope for?

Oji_Retta
Oct 9, 2006, 01:45 PM
Possibly an expansion...(duh?)

vg_geek86
Oct 9, 2006, 01:46 PM
Downloadable updates Im gonna guess

Ryogen
Oct 9, 2006, 01:50 PM
They will update the game daly/weekly so there is more content unlocked. The game isn't at 100% yet. Why are you worring about the end of it <.<. relax

SephYuyX
Oct 9, 2006, 01:53 PM
PS2 limitations.
SEGA hired Sage Sundi from SE btw.

Gamers: When will we see new content to enjoy?

Sage:
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/7420/sa02jm9.jpg

Belts
Oct 9, 2006, 01:54 PM
On 2006-10-09 11:50, Ryogen wrote:
They will update the game daly/weekly so there is more content unlocked. The game isn't at 100% yet. Why are you worring about the end of it <.<. relax

Just because I want this to be a game that I stick with for a long time. And I am used to other MMORPGs where you basically never run out of new things and it would be virtually impossible to do everything. I just don't have time for them anymore, that's why I am moving on to PSU.

And yes, I know this isn't an MMORPG, but since we will be paying to play, I hope they have a lot of good updates. And when they unlock the whole disk, I hope they make an expansion.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 9, 2006, 01:59 PM
i dont think the leia martinez quest stuff is on the disc allrdy waitin to be unlocked im thinkin thats all new or we'd have seen hax by now might be wrong on that

foamcup
Oct 9, 2006, 02:07 PM
On 2006-10-09 11:59, CpwninOBrien wrote:
i dont think the leia martinez quest stuff is on the disc allrdy waitin to be unlocked im thinkin thats all new or we'd have seen hax by now might be wrong on that

I agree, I think these online story missions aren't on the disc.

theShoal
Oct 9, 2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah. I"m sure they'll be feeeding us plenty of content Belts. Didn't they for PSO? And they didn't expect PSO to last that long. This time they're planning ahead. Unless I have no idea what I'm talking about.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 9, 2006, 02:16 PM
On 2006-10-09 12:14, theShoal wrote:
Yeah. I"m sure they'll be feeeding us plenty of content Belts. Didn't they for PSO?

at $50+ increments usully http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif then it was holiday stuff is it still Xmas on Xbox right now??? lol

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2006, 02:18 PM
They're probably doing the slowly but surely way. They add things little by little to make sure they can eradicate all the bugs before adding in something else, which makes it complicated if the bug is big and would take more time.

GIHeavyDuty
Oct 9, 2006, 02:19 PM
from what i read the disk has 3 gigs and they ask you to have 10 gigs of space for the PSU file on your mashine. im sure that means somthing.

i donno i might be just stupid and read stuff wrong.

SephYuyX
Oct 9, 2006, 02:22 PM
In a more serious responce..

Most online games have their content on the PC, and little on the servers, why? Because it makes for faster frame rates, load times, etc.

However in PSUs case, textures, sounds and the non important stuff are client side, while most of the important stuff is on the server. This may slow down the game a bit (slow loading of characters, framerate, etc) but for the most part it should be unnoticable. They do this because it's a lot safer to keep that data on the server side, where normal people cant get to it.

At the same time however, I forsee many reused textures and such, but there will be no limitation on how long they can keep this game alive. They can easily create dungeons on their end, while using textures on our end.

They did make plans for downloads though, for PS2 as well.. I just hope they done use FFXIs excuses..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/dangfury/sundiay1.jpg
I hope that they can support the PC/360 more or better, and give us better content, we shouldnt suffer because of the PS2s weakness.

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2006, 02:25 PM
That photo is wierd...

physic
Oct 9, 2006, 03:27 PM
xbox in theory could get more, pc cannot, because its linked to ps2. any item you mke has to be viewable by a ps2 dude, any gear, etc. unless they do the thing they did with pso v1 and 2 i think it was, where they had v1 games and v2 only games, or was that Gc... i forget. but basically its unlikely. this does limit the game, unless they abandon ps2 support after this run, even if they have an expansion disk, you essentially need to have everything on one disk for the ps2 to work.cant swap disks everytime you party with a chr with new EQ

As someone said, as far as the building blocks, they can do it online, only thing that is limited is the amount of 3d meshes and textures. chr animations etc. Whatever they can make out of those building blocks is fair game