PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Wartecher.

iHaq
Oct 9, 2006, 02:05 PM
How long does it take to switch weapons, is it instant?

Being you have to switch to a wand for techs, wouldn't that elimate any PP issues, being that you can use the PP on the wand for techs, and the PP on your daggers for skills, or does PP not regenerate while you don't have the weapon equipped?

Also, can you use a wand in one hand and something else in the other, like cards, or a dagger?

Also, on PSUpedia it has Wartecher as 20 skills, 10 bullets, and 20 techniques. But on these forums, it had Wartecher 10 skills, 30 Techniques. Does anyone know which one it acutally is?

Also, what's the difference between 10 Techniques, 20 Techniques, 20 Skills, and 30 Skills?

Kou-Diacyper
Oct 9, 2006, 02:07 PM
Switching weapons is instant, PP only recharges on equipped weapons.

foamcup
Oct 9, 2006, 02:10 PM
Don't which is which on their PA limits, but a higher PA is stronger. A level 30 Foie is better than a level 20 Foie,and with Skills, higher levels do more damage and add more hits to the attack combo.

EJ
Oct 9, 2006, 02:11 PM
The higher the techniques the stronger the techs will be. Same with the skills but they work differently because at lvl 1 most of them you can use once and at lvl 11 another attack will be learn so at lvl 11 you can use your PA skill twice and at lvl 21 is when you learn the finally attack for that PA and at the same time the higher the level the stronger the PA skills will be.

Rizen
Oct 9, 2006, 02:12 PM
Weapons switch only takes like one second total if you are quick. So you dont have to worry about that. If you are going Wartecher, you are more than likely going to be using either wand or weapon for a short period of time (like use wand to debuff then switch to weapon until enemy is dead or just use wands to kill and switch to weapon on the next enemy), not switching every second you can.

Regardless of how much PP you have still have to manage it, wands can use up quite a bit of PP each cast and weapon can if you constantly keep using PAs. PP will not recharge if you dont have the weapon equipped, so cant blow all your PP on your wand then switch to sword and wait til wand PP gets back up.

You can only use guns and fans(i guess) on your offhand, daggers, swords and wands go on your main hand.

As far as the tech number cap, I dont know.

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2006, 02:15 PM
*How long does it take to switch weapons, is it instant?*

Instant

*Being you have to switch to a wand for techs, wouldn't that elimate any PP issues, being that you can use the PP on the wand for techs, and the PP on your daggers for skills, or does PP not regenerate while you don't have the weapon equipped?*

PP only regenerates if you use regen items or if you keep it equipped.

*Also, can you use a wand in one hand and something else in the other, like cards, or a dagger?*

Wand is a right hand weapons so you can also have a handgun with it.

*Also, on PSUpedia it has Wartecher as 20 skills, 10 bullets, and 20 techniques. But on these forums, it had Wartecher 10 skills, 30 Techniques. Does anyone know which one it acutally is?*

Only Forte classes have lvl30 skills/techs/bullets.

*Also, what's the difference between 10 Techniques, 20 Techniques, 20 Skills, and 30 Skills?*

That is the maximum lvl that you can get your PAs to. Imagine you went as a Wartecher, and assume you have a Fortetecher with you. The fortetecher will do more damage with his techs as they'll get to lvl 30, while yours are lvl 20 max. But you have the advantage to also have lvl20 skills, while the fortetecher will only be able to use lvl 1 skills. Just see the lvls kinda like in PSO, but they are lvled up by using them, not by disks. The disks are just to learn the PA at lvl 1.

Umi_Ryu
Oct 9, 2006, 02:17 PM
And it is not said Lv 30 Techniques and Lv 10 Skills but the opposite.

Which is confusing since we have to be Force Lv 5 and Hunter Lv 3 for being Wartecher.
But I am sure it is meant Lv 30 Skills and Lv 10 Techniques, it is maybe a typo or something like that throught.

So, I think noone can tell for sure actually, but the expert jobs will be soon (or are yet ?) unlocked on japanese servers, I guess there are already Hunter with Lv 20 Skills and Forces with Lv 20 Techniques, so it will not take long until someone hit Lv 21 in either Skill or Technique as a Wartecher.

Tycho
Oct 9, 2006, 02:21 PM
Online it depends on your ping time. So keep that in mind.

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2006, 02:23 PM
Hey, anyway, the most important thing is to get the very lucky sign http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

iHaq
Oct 9, 2006, 02:31 PM
On 2006-10-09 12:12, Rizen wrote:
Weapons switch only takes like one second total if you are quick. So you dont have to worry about that. If you are going Wartecher, you are more than likely going to be using either wand or weapon for a short period of time (like use wand to debuff then switch to weapon until enemy is dead or just use wands to kill and switch to weapon on the next enemy), not switching every second you can.

I was acutally planning on doing that. I was going to bring support techs. I was going to mainly be using the twin daggers, and switching to the wand&handgun when someone's health was low, or to buff.

But if Wartecher can only get Tech's to 10 while having Skills at 30, then I guess I should only bring healing techniques, as they can still be useful. Unlike buffs(unless buffs stack), being that Fortetechers buffs will be so superior.

What do you guys think would be the best race stastically for a Wartecher? I honestly don't really care about stats, but I don't want to be a complete gimp.

I was thinking Cast would be the best support Wartecher with their high damage with the twin daggers, and the ability to heal.

EJ
Oct 9, 2006, 02:33 PM
I'm making my wartecher a newman so if want to know a race many say beast and humans are good for that class but the truth is no class is really gimp in PSU if you think about it they are all pretty balance in the game.

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2006, 02:35 PM
Uhhh... I'd say newman for fun or female beast if you really want a good character, but it's mainly on how you play that counts not the race/class. And Skills/Techs are at lvl20 max, not 30/10. I think... It would be useless then to have a wartecher on my opinion...

iHaq
Oct 9, 2006, 02:39 PM
On 2006-10-09 12:33, EJ wrote:
I'm making my wartecher a newman so if want to know a race many say beast and humans are good for that class but the truth is no class is really gimp in PSU if you think about it they are all pretty balance in the game.

You're right I suppose. I guess it depends how you want to play.

For example:

If you made your wartecher a newman, you'd be doing more effictive heals and damage with your techniques at the cost of dying very quickly, and doing less melee damage.

While if I made my Wartecher a Cast, I'd be doing more melee damage, and higher health. At the cost of doing less damage/healing with my techniques.

I just need to figure out how much more you'd be healing than I would. I can't seem to find out that information.

AngelLight
Oct 9, 2006, 02:40 PM
On 2006-10-09 12:15, Zarbolord wrote:

*Also, on PSUpedia it has Wartecher as 20 skills, 10 bullets, and 20 techniques. But on these forums, it had Wartecher 10 skills, 30 Techniques. Does anyone know which one it acutally is?*

Only Forte classes have lvl30 skills/techs/bullets.

And Protransers according to Famitsu, 30 Skill and 30 Bullet Arts on that class.

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2006, 02:46 PM
I think that would make them kinda overpowred, then again their boosts might be crap.

VanHalen
Oct 9, 2006, 02:49 PM
can wartechers use any kind of swords

iHaq
Oct 9, 2006, 02:49 PM
On 2006-10-09 12:35, Zarbolord wrote:
Uhhh... I'd say newman for fun or female beast if you really want a good character, but it's mainly on how you play that counts not the race/class. And Skills/Techs are at lvl20 max, not 30/10. I think... It would be useless then to have a wartecher on my opinion...

Well Umi Ryu got his information from the same place I did. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

iHaq
Oct 9, 2006, 02:50 PM
On 2006-10-09 12:46, Zarbolord wrote:
I think that would make them kinda overpowred, then again their boosts might be crap.

They have no S rank on any weapons.

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2006, 02:51 PM
Ahh, that changes it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Umi_Ryu
Oct 9, 2006, 02:51 PM
About Protranser :

They have no S rank masteries. Also, they are told to be a mix between Hunter, Ranger and Force, since they can't use Techniques I guess they are a mix of those classes stats wise.

It means that they should have better MST and TAP than Fortefighter, Fortegunner and Fightgunner, but their TAP would be useless without techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umi_Ryu on 2006-10-09 12:54 ]</font>

iHaq
Oct 9, 2006, 02:58 PM
On 2006-10-09 12:51, Umi_Ryu wrote:
About Protranser :

They have no S rank masteries. Also, they are told to be a mix between Hunter, Ranger and Force, since they can't use Techniques I guess they are a mix of those classes stats wise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umi_Ryu on 2006-10-09 12:54 ]</font>

What does having S rank acutally do? Im figuring it does more damage, or has more effective healing/buffs/debuffs (for wands).

Umi_Ryu
Oct 9, 2006, 03:01 PM
Weapons have ranks. I don't know yet the difference between an A and a S rank, we can already tell for sure that S rank have better Damages, Accuracy and PP.
Only need to know how much better for knowing if it is a big advantage to have S better than A.

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2006, 03:03 PM
It also defines a rarity I suppose. The higher it goes C/B/A/S, the harder it is to make/find.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 9, 2006, 03:14 PM
by the time your character is high lvl you only be using S rank weapons because those are the rare items you will be able to equip in the end

iHaq
Oct 9, 2006, 03:28 PM
Thanks guys.

What race/sex is everyone else making their Wartecher?

Umi_Ryu
Oct 9, 2006, 03:30 PM
There are already threads about that. But I will play a Newwoman (if it makes any sense) Wartecher if I can level up my skills to 30 being Wartecher overwise, I will be Fortefighter.

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2006, 03:31 PM
Mine is a FO/HUnewm. I chose it cos they've got the best TAP and MST and they make cool hunters too. Kill a dragon with a newm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

iHaq
Oct 9, 2006, 03:31 PM
On 2006-10-09 13:30, Umi_Ryu wrote:
There are already threads about that. But I will play a Newwoman (if it makes any sense) Wartecher if I can level up my skills to 30 being Wartecher overwise, I will be Fortefighter.

Even with the low HP and ATP?

Umi_Ryu
Oct 9, 2006, 03:34 PM
I don't care being the less efficient on all classes, I just play a character that fits me.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 9, 2006, 03:44 PM
I'm thinking of making a wartecher and making it a female newman. and I'm more than sure that the PA for wartechers will be 20 on skills and techs.

iHaq
Oct 9, 2006, 03:44 PM
On 2006-10-09 13:31, Zarbolord wrote:
Mine is a FO/HUnewm. I chose it cos they've got the best TAP and MST and they make cool hunters too. Kill a dragon with a newm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I don't know what a FO/HUnewm is. I never played PSO.

iHaq
Oct 9, 2006, 03:47 PM
On 2006-10-09 13:44, Shiroryuu wrote:
I'm thinking of making a wartecher and making it a female newman. and I'm more than sure that the PA for wartechers will be 20 on skills and techs.

Are you going by PSUPedia or a different source?

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 9, 2006, 03:50 PM
ya, I'm going to PSUpedia.

Umi_Ryu
Oct 9, 2006, 04:13 PM
On Famitsu it is meant to be Lv 30 Skills and Lv 10 Techniques.

I think it is better to wait and see, players that are on japanese servers will be able to tell us how it is rather soon.

Ragnarok_22
Oct 9, 2006, 07:59 PM
I dont see why everyone is obsessing over this.
Anyway, if I end up choosing to become a wartecher, I will be a Beast. More powerful weapon attacks. YEESS!

iHaq
Oct 9, 2006, 08:22 PM
On 2006-10-09 17:59, Ragnarok_22 wrote:
Anyway, if I end up choosing to become a wartecher, I will be a Beast. More powerful weapon attacks. YEESS!

Why is everyone obessing over what?

Kupi
Oct 9, 2006, 09:22 PM
On 2006-10-09 18:22, iHaq wrote:

On 2006-10-09 17:59, Ragnarok_22 wrote:

Why is everyone obessing over what?

The balance between Skills and Technics, I would assume. 30/10 makes for a lopsidedly melee-oriented character, whereas 20/20 seems like it would rely much more on its buffing and support techs for its damage, and act like more of a hybrid. Basically, 30/10 would be like a HUmar, and 20/20 would be more like a HUnewearl. And come on, who actually used Techniques on their HUmar besides the occasional Resta, Jellen and Zalure (if there wasn't a Force around)?

EDIT: Edited for more apt comparison.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kupi on 2006-10-09 20:23 ]</font>

Nika
Oct 9, 2006, 10:21 PM
Not instant, it have to use load time for 5 sec.

Sev
Oct 10, 2006, 01:55 AM
For the record, I used alotta Gizonde and Gibarta on my HUmar. They were just useful at times, so I'd use them. I'd assume that it would be something like 20/10/20 myself. But it doesn't really matter much to me in the end.

Dark_Heal_v2
Oct 11, 2006, 02:16 AM
This is how long it takes for me to switch a weapon to cast resta and back.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8207656958450757247&hl=en