PDA

View Full Version : Rate how much 'research' you've done for PSU!

zofia
Oct 9, 2006, 03:09 PM
I'm just curious how much you all have researched PSU in prep for the launch later this month.

FYI: I have read up a fair amount on PSU-pedia, but I don't like spoiling games for myself so I've only watched 1 or 2 vids, seen a few screens, and avoided anything that seems like an outright spoiler. So, I chose Poll Option #4 to reflect this.

The basic idea is you go for getting the most info (choice #1) down to almost no info (#8). If you chose #9 then... 0.o >_>

So, how do you rate yourself?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zofia on 2006-10-09 13:15 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2006, 03:11 PM
Loads, but I'm backwards most of the time as I don't have the game and I read about news a day or two late. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

daniel_drago
Oct 9, 2006, 03:16 PM
i tend to b upto date i read it o much and it is the only thing that keeps me alive at school somit to look forward to when i get home somit new on psu *ahhh i wonder if ther is some now hmm* lol

Rizen
Oct 9, 2006, 03:22 PM
I will put it like this....I have done more research on PSU than I did on all 8 page bookreports I have/had to do.

SolKyoshiro
Oct 9, 2006, 03:23 PM
I've been researching this game for my guild. (we may all move over from RF online to this game) So i've been reading everythinggggg as well as playing the offline japanese version.

zofia
Oct 9, 2006, 03:24 PM
This is cool ~ it's interesting to see how different people get ready for PSU!

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2006, 03:27 PM
Each and everyone has their own way to see things.

zofia
Oct 9, 2006, 03:30 PM
On 2006-10-09 13:27, Zarbolord wrote:
Each and everyone has their own way to see things.

Exactly. That's what makes life so interesting!

If everyone was the same it would be soooo boring.

Lovejuice
Oct 9, 2006, 03:32 PM
Where is the "I bought the japanese version" option? =P

I mean, I've kinda treated the japanese game like a trial run for the english release. Y'know, make a bundle of characters and test the waters and that. I haven't really played online frantically, but enough to quash any doubts I had about PSU, and make me rather love it (seriously, high level missions with 6 people are like nothing I've experienced in any online game for a good while, they're just horrendously fun chaos).

With the help of a japanese fluent friend I've gone through story mode and got all that done for now - and with story mode all done and dusted I find myself almost agreeing with some sentiments that it just seems a bit rough in parts, and that the production time may have been better invested in the online mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-10-09 13:34 ]</font>

Tycho
Oct 9, 2006, 03:41 PM
insufficient/10

zofia
Oct 9, 2006, 03:43 PM
D'oh! I knew I'd forget a ton of good choices for this Poll. I suppose in your case, Lovejuice, you'd pick "I've read every post and watch every vid/screen!" since playing the import with the help of someone who speaks/reads Japanese definitely qualifies you for 'hardcore research' status and that was the intent of the first choice.

zofia
Oct 9, 2006, 03:44 PM
On 2006-10-09 13:41, Tycho wrote:
insufficient/10

What is? Your post or this poll (or both)?

More info please.

Trinitystar
Oct 9, 2006, 03:48 PM
I read and look at everything I can find to me the fun is in playing it, the info keeps me from killing myself as im waiting to play lol.

chibiLegolas
Oct 9, 2006, 04:01 PM
I try to keep up and read up on all info exept for the story, boss, map layout stuff. Those are huge spoilers for me personally.

adamgnome104
Oct 9, 2006, 04:02 PM
I didn't try to understand anything about how the game works from PSUpedia or PSOworld posts, because I'd probably forget them anyways.

I looked at some videos, and I didn't know I was getting spoiled until it was too late, saw some cutscenes and stuff on youtube.

Looking at pretty pictures doesn't really count as research though haha.

Sinue_v2
Oct 9, 2006, 05:55 PM
I keep fairly up to date, but I've been really busy lately. In part, I don't want to ruin the freshness of the game too soon - but as soon as I have it I'll be dissecting it in detail and posting the results online. I'm not too heavy into the stats side, but like PS and PSO - I plan to have a full script for all story chapters and online quests.

krayzie
Oct 9, 2006, 06:13 PM
LOL Whats PSU?

SoulsBlade
Oct 9, 2006, 06:16 PM
I really have been lurking around PSO-World for awhile reading tons of posts and such. Trying to plan ahead for the release, the Beta will help alot, too.

PJ
Oct 9, 2006, 06:24 PM
It's funny, I thought I had researched a lot of it, so I would be overly excited to play the game and it'd be awesome.

The funny part? It was better than I expected. I don't think research can prepare you for what you're about to jump into. And I haven't even played the ONLINE mode yet.

Numnuttz
Oct 9, 2006, 06:25 PM
i think ive done enough research tht i know what ill be doing when i get teh game. of coarse though there are the small things i still dont know like locations and npc's .

Kindaichi
Oct 9, 2006, 07:46 PM
I have read posts and watched some vids but the beta will be my true research.

chewydawg
Oct 9, 2006, 07:53 PM
i have done tons of research and watch A LOT vids( if they were spoilers i immeadelty stopped them but i basically know everything i need to know)

zofia
Oct 10, 2006, 08:42 AM
Hehe, we got a "What's PSU?" vote.

Interesting, the top three vote-getters are the more intense choices.

I guess that's not suprising. Most of us have been posting here for a long time and the game's not even out in NA or EU so I guess that means we're pretty hardcore.