PDA

View Full Version : Will I be able to...?

Datearian
Oct 9, 2006, 03:11 PM
I was wondering if I should learn everything I can
about the game now despite how confusing it is to me
right now with all the game lingo and terms, or if
I'd be fine just going headfirst into it and
figuring things out on my own?

I kinda did the whole headfirst thing with PSO and
it turned out fine. I never got to play it online
though.

Lastly, are there a bunch of major differences in
PSU from PSO that will make me be like "wtf is this
and how do I do this and that?!"
Someone gave me a link to a website that said the
differences but it sucked and didn't really give me
the answer I was looking for.

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2006, 03:13 PM
I think you should know stuff about the PM before you try it out as you can only have one per character and if you fail to do what you want, that's too bad you won't have a second try. So head on apart from PM if that's what you want.

Phaze37
Oct 9, 2006, 03:15 PM
Actually, there's an item that lets you reset your partner machinery. If you screw up your PM, it means you'll need to find this item and then start it over again from scratch.

You'll probably be fine if you jump into it head first. It's simpler than most MMORPGs.

Zolpner
Oct 9, 2006, 03:16 PM
O_o you do get a second try, you can reset em.

Headfirst is crazyfun, alot of the same principals to PSO, still totally diferent. Pick it up I say, but the more technical stuff as mentioned like partner machinery ya might wanna read up on abit first.

Umi_Ryu
Oct 9, 2006, 03:16 PM
Actually they will put an item in the next up-date to make your pm restart.
I don't remember where I read that but it was on this board.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umi_Ryu on 2006-10-09 13:16 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Oct 9, 2006, 03:18 PM
I'd prefer to not waste meseta on a useless PM, seeing at how it's difficult to get a good amount.

Datearian
Oct 9, 2006, 03:33 PM
What are PM used for in PSU? I've heard and seen that eventually they can fight along side you. Does that also apply to the online mode as well? Does anyone have pictures or a link to more in depth info on PMs like how this site has Mag guides and pictures of all the possible mags and stuff.

Jozon
Oct 9, 2006, 03:35 PM
fighting with you, and also crafting, that's how you'll get alot of the best items in the game

Datearian
Oct 9, 2006, 03:38 PM
There's another thing I know nothing about that sounds interesting. Are there any guides to crafting yet?