PDA

View Full Version : The Reciever

natewifi
Oct 9, 2006, 03:30 PM
What is required to play PSU at its best quality?

I've also been reading topics or i think it was just a topic about a card that cost 600 $, and does it have any effect on playing PSU on PC?

CpwninOBrien
Oct 9, 2006, 04:14 PM
my moms gateway has integrated vid thats as good as ati9800pro so im all set hope this helps

Diablohead
Oct 9, 2006, 04:46 PM
I thought psu was a power hog due to being a port, but I could be wrong.

Im hoping I can at least use x2 AA with my 9600se, most screenshots I seen on the forum so far all seem to be 800x600 or lower with no fsaa o_O

Pure-chan
Oct 9, 2006, 04:47 PM
On 2006-10-09 14:46, Diablohead wrote:
I thought psu was a power hog due to being a port, but I could be wrong.

Im hoping I can at least use x2 AA with my 9600se, most screenshots I seen on the forum so far all seem to be 800x600 or lower with no fsaa o_O

I thought AA didn't work?

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119911&forum=20

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-10-09 14:48 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 9, 2006, 04:56 PM
I've found that I can crank the resolution way up with my Radeon X800 XT, and the game just looks beautiful. Scaled up in windowed mode using a lower resolution can look a little fuzzy, though. Still, I've seen even PSOBB not run as smoothly on my computer as PSU seems to. I don't know if that's due to PSU being more well-built or due to recent hardware replacements on my computer (I had to call in the warranty on my hard drive), but the game runs at a pleasingly high framerate, even in windowed mode at higher resolutions.

You shouldn't need to spend an extravagent amount of money on a video card to get the game to run satisfactorily. If you want to make sure that your graphics are up to par, you might consider getting a somewhat recent card from BFG with an nVidia chipset. It's my understanding that BFG's cards are very reasonably priced, while at the same time, still offering nVidia's high-end chipsets.

foamcup
Oct 9, 2006, 04:56 PM
True, AA does not work. I'm running it at the lowest rez on my TV and it looks great, but then, I'm not a graphics whore.

foamcup
Oct 9, 2006, 05:21 PM
BFG Tech is great, their cards even come overclocked out of the box.