PDA

View Full Version : PSU monthly fees confirmed.

Darijuana
Oct 9, 2006, 03:47 PM
Sorry if this has already beed posted.

Sega have confirmed the monthly fee is $9.99 and can be accessed with a silver account.

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_faq.php

Datearian
Oct 9, 2006, 04:12 PM
Great, let's hope my birthday will be the only reason I need to convince my mom to pay the monthly fee. Either that or looks like I'm getting a job so I can get my own credit card. Being 18 and not having my own sucks anyway. D:

A2K
Oct 9, 2006, 04:15 PM
There doesn't seem to be anything about using Microsoft Points, so one might assume it isn't an option, unfortunately.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Oct 9, 2006, 04:18 PM
Cool FAQ! It was actually written by a native English speaking person!

Lovejuice
Oct 9, 2006, 04:18 PM
Also, look at this from the FAQ:

We're glad you asked that question. We'll be having regular updates, just like the Japanese version. In addition to the new quests and events that would be added regularly, we'll also be constantly adding new content, including new maps, new items for your character's Room, new clothes to help your character strut his stuff, new enemies and bosses, and new weapons and SUV attacks. In addition to this constant stream of new stuff, we'll be offering an expansion pack down the line, crammed with even more adventures and goodies!
I wonder if this refers to the additional Illumines no Yabou missions, or something else entirely?

Datearian
Oct 9, 2006, 04:24 PM
Wait, I don't see anything about registering for a GUARDIANS licsence. At what point do I select my subscription type? Is it after I put in all the credit card info and stuff?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Datearian on 2006-10-09 14:28 ]</font>

Kyuu
Oct 9, 2006, 04:46 PM
You can't register for a Guardian's License yet... you don't need one for the 360 demo, and the game isn't out yet, so they haven't put up the registration for it yet.

When it is available, you'll be able to purchase one via the Playsega site just like a Hunter's License for BB.

Valkayree
Oct 9, 2006, 04:53 PM
You know for them to post in that FAQ that you cannot play PSU with people on the Gamecube, dreamcast, or original Xbox, they would have had to have gotten quite a few e-mails asking whether PSO was compatible with PSU. If they read any information on the game I would believe that they would know this... I guess teachers don't get paid enough to teach higher order thinking skills.

DoubleJG
Oct 9, 2006, 06:03 PM
Will it also be $9.99/month for PC and PS2?

Numnuttz
Oct 9, 2006, 06:04 PM
nice its 9.99 which is a decent and constant price for pso.

TonyC
Oct 9, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-10-09 14:15, A2K wrote:
There doesn't seem to be anything about using Microsoft Points, so one might assume it isn't an option, unfortunately.

well you must have missed it it says...
"How do I play Phantasy Star Universe online?(2-1)

Playing is simple, and available on 3 different platforms! First you'll need a broadband connection, a PS2 and a network adaptor, or a PC meeting the minimum specs for the PC game. Then just grab a Game ID and a GUARDIANS License, and you can hop online!
For the Xbox 360 version, you'll need a broadband connection and an Xbox 360. You'll need to set up an Xbox Live account with a Gamer Tag, if you don't have one already, and then grab your GUARDIANS License from the Xbox Marketplace, and you'll be good to go!"

Kindaichi
Oct 9, 2006, 08:18 PM
On 2006-10-09 16:08, TonyC wrote:

On 2006-10-09 14:15, A2K wrote:

Playing is simple, and available on 3 different platforms! First you'll need a broadband connection, a PS2 and a network adaptor, or a PC meeting the minimum specs for the PC game. Then just grab a Game ID and a GUARDIANS License, and you can hop online!
For the Xbox 360 version, you'll need a broadband connection and an Xbox 360. You'll need to set up an Xbox Live account with a Gamer Tag, if you don't have one already, and then grab your GUARDIANS License from the Xbox Marketplace, and you'll be good to go!"

I missed that also sweet so it looks like you can..YES!

drownedBYfire
Oct 9, 2006, 08:55 PM
grabbing a Guardians License directly from the Live Marketplace is sounds good.

and the 9.99 hits the sweet spot.

AnamanaAU
Oct 9, 2006, 09:03 PM
This is roughly 14$ in AUD.

Fleece
Oct 9, 2006, 09:20 PM
its 5 - 6 pounds in the UK Lol cheap as fuck tbh

Link00seven
Oct 9, 2006, 10:24 PM
So if I read the FAQ right, we can get our guardians license through the marketplace? I'm interested to see how that works out since everything else on the marketplace uses Microsoft Points. However, I am happy they kept it all on the console for the 360 and we don't have to use Playsega for our license. It just makes things easier IMO.

A2K
Oct 9, 2006, 10:25 PM
On 2006-10-09 16:08, TonyC wrote:

Gah, I missed that since it didn't actually use the phrase "Micrsoft Points". Well, that answers that!

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 10, 2006, 12:27 AM
Were some people expecting online to be free or something? PSO has never been free, only the original PSO on the dreamcast and once Version2 came out you had to pay ever since. Cheaper than WoW and FFXI, its the price of 2 trips to a fast food joint, no big loss.

MilesShannara
Oct 10, 2006, 12:33 AM
or even a random stranger's house! (Note: We cannot be held responsible for you breaking and entering some random guy's house to test this out!)

Glad to see they have a sense of humor! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif