PDA

View Full Version : Can this be done???

Trinitystar
Oct 9, 2006, 04:13 PM
This may be silly to some but I have to ask, In FFLX I played on the PC and the PS2 at the same time all I did was put one on follow and kill with the other, having one heal as needed. Can it be done in PSU? I have already prepaid for both PS2 and PC games but not knowing much about this 1st game PSO I have no idea if I can pull it off. I play alot and soloing is fun for me so thats why I make my own little team if I can, so if anyone knows if I can do this in PSU let me know.

A2K
Oct 9, 2006, 04:14 PM
Haha, oh wow. Well, I'm sure it's possible, if you're willing to pay for two accounts. I don't think it's worth the trouble, though.

foamcup
Oct 9, 2006, 04:16 PM
That seems like a hell of a hassle for some healing. Just get some di- or trimates and you're good to go.

Mazoku
Oct 9, 2006, 04:18 PM
This game is MUCH faster paced. You'd pretty much need two people playing to pull that off. Also, I'm pretty sure theres no follow command.

You're going into this game with the wrong mentality. You don't have to do things like that. You can solo by yourself. Add in your racial NPC and your PM and you're soloing in a 3 person party.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 9, 2006, 04:19 PM
im thinkin lots ex ffxi players gonn be pissed/disapointd

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 9, 2006, 04:27 PM
We call that Dual-boxing. If PSU could be run with multiple instances, you could do it with just one computer.

People on Shadowbane have been known to run up to five accounts concurrently on one computer, effectively becoming a one-man spec group. I've even heard of a program that allows you to control multiple instances of the game running on several computers from one original computer, sending your keystrokes to EVERY instance of the game under your control. With clever arrangement of hotkeys and shortcuts, a single individual could conceiveably take on an entire guild, and outnumber them at that.

vg_geek86
Oct 9, 2006, 04:28 PM
Whats the point of playing an online game, only to create another account and have a bot follow you...?

Besides, I think this game is to fast paced to do something like that <_<;;

Trinitystar
Oct 9, 2006, 04:28 PM
On 2006-10-09 14:18, Mazoku wrote:
This game is MUCH faster paced. You'd pretty much need two people playing to pull that off. Also, I'm pretty sure theres no follow command.

You're going into this game with the wrong mentality. You don't have to do things like that. You can solo by yourself. Add in your racial NPC and your PM and you're soloing in a 3 person party.

Now I have read about this PM but what is this RACIAL NPC about have not seen anything about that yet?

Valkayree
Oct 9, 2006, 04:29 PM
You would need six arms and four sets of eyes, judging from the pace of the game. You actually have to aim in PSU, and ya might have problems if you don't have complete control. Also, there is no auto follow or auto attack in PSU, so factor that into your plans. Just play the game normally, make friends, and you will be fine. Raise you a PM if you want a tag along, but in PSU it should be a little easier to solo than it was in FFXI.

Valkayree
Oct 9, 2006, 04:31 PM
On 2006-10-09 14:27, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
We call that Dual-boxing. If PSU could be run with multiple instances, you could do it with just one computer.

People on Shadowbane have been known to run up to five accounts concurrently on one computer, effectively becoming a one-man spec group. I've even heard of a program that allows you to control multiple instances of the game running on several computers from one original computer, sending your keystrokes to EVERY instance of the game under your control. With clever arrangement of hotkeys and shortcuts, a single individual could conceiveably take on an entire guild, and outnumber them at that.

And that individual probably looks alot like the guy running around PKing in WoW on that new South Park Season 10 episode...

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 9, 2006, 04:43 PM
On 2006-10-09 14:31, Valkayree wrote:

And that individual probably looks alot like the guy running around PKing in WoW on that new South Park Season 10 episode...

Possibly, but given Shadowbane as a game of choice in contrast to WoW, he'd probably chew that guy up and spit him out before he knew what happened.

On 2006-10-09 14:28, Trinitystar wrote:

Now I have read about this PM but what is this RACIAL NPC about have not seen anything about that yet?

When you make your first character, you'll be offered to do a tutorial. Doing this tutorial will score you the instructor's partner card, which in turn allows you to invite that NPC to join your party for whatever missions you like. The NPC you end up with apparently depends on your race. Beasts, for example, get Leogini S Berafoot, while Casts get Lou. Though, for what I know, it may be more a matter of the job class you start with, than the race you start with.

Trinitystar
Oct 9, 2006, 04:46 PM
Ohh wow this game just keeps getting cooler and cooler lol ty I did not know anything about that one more thing how long can you party with your NPC friend?

foamcup
Oct 9, 2006, 04:53 PM
As long as you want to, it seems.

mech259_
Oct 9, 2006, 05:23 PM
The racial NPCs are useless. They are weak, they don't heal themselves, they do almost no damage and they normally just run around anyways without attacking.

Also, I have never see Lou (the cast NPC) ever actually hit anything with her SUV. Normally she just attacks the air with it.

A2K
Oct 9, 2006, 05:36 PM
On 2006-10-09 15:23, mech259_ wrote:
The racial NPCs are useless. They are weak, they don't heal themselves, they do almost no damage and they normally just run around anyways without attacking.

Also, I have never see Lou (the cast NPC) ever actually hit anything with her SUV. Normally she just attacks the air with it.

That air had it coming! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Ha, in any case, they can be useful. Just don't ask him or her to come along in a mission where human-controlled characters are in over their heads. They lack that all-important ingenuity.

And I've found Maya heals almost too often.

mech259_
Oct 9, 2006, 07:53 PM
I don't know about Maya, but what I meant is that Lou doesn't use mates even when she has less than 10% HP left.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 9, 2006, 07:56 PM
I've found that Leogini is usually right in there in the fray, well enough. Now what he won't do is res me.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 9, 2006, 11:02 PM
On 2006-10-09 14:13, Trinitystar wrote:
FFLX
Final Fantasy 60? I knew there were a lot, but there are already that many?

-Shimarisu-
Oct 9, 2006, 11:05 PM
IT'S TOTALLY CHEATING TO PLAY WITH TWO ACCOUNTS

-Shimarisu-
Oct 9, 2006, 11:15 PM
DREW IS IT CHEATING IF ONE IS YOURS?

Kent
Oct 9, 2006, 11:18 PM
You can try to dual-box PSU, but good luck with that. You won't be able to handle it, unless you're Goro or something. PSU and PSO are far too fast-paced for that - think of them as online action/RPGs, as opposed to just online RPGs.

-Shimarisu-
Oct 9, 2006, 11:46 PM
On 2006-10-09 21:18, Kent wrote:
You can try to dual-box PSU, but good luck with that. You won't be able to handle it, unless you're Goro or something. PSU and PSO are far too fast-paced for that - think of them as online action/RPGs, as opposed to just online RPGs.

One word. "De-Rol-Le"

Two more words for you.

"Class experience."

Genobee
Oct 10, 2006, 12:50 AM
On 2006-10-09 14:19, CpwninOBrien wrote:
im thinkin lots ex ffxi players gonn be pissed/disapointd

if i played a game as crappy as FFXI i would be un happy too.