PDA

View Full Version : Okay...PAY TO PLAY FOR THE PC/PS2 VERSION!?!?

hwing91
Oct 9, 2006, 06:17 PM
I have read numerious threads on this but no one flat out says that PC versions/ps2 versions have to pay. All they say is 9.99$ not including x360 Gold or silver. Do PC users have to pay? Yes or no, thanks in advance.

watashiwa
Oct 9, 2006, 06:18 PM
Yes.

chrisy05
Oct 9, 2006, 06:19 PM
what he said

Slitz
Oct 9, 2006, 06:19 PM
Most likely.
Unless they're like,
trying to thank us for our many years of commitment to PSO. ;l
But I highly doubt it.

hwing91
Oct 9, 2006, 06:24 PM
Ah that sucks, I dislike paying a monthly fee for games due to the fact that i feel obligated to play them ;_;...Gah guess its back to silkroad...lol..

Phalynx
Oct 9, 2006, 06:25 PM
Silkroad is terrible btw

Earthsunderer
Oct 9, 2006, 06:28 PM
Why the heck should PC/PS 2-users not pay a fee? The japanese people are already going to pay. The X-Box 360 are going to pay. Why should western PC/PS 2-users be an exception.

And don't come up with Guild Wars. Guild Wars financial model depends on the sale of each Guild War-title and how profitable it is in regard to each previous title.

Guild Wars: Prophecies was successfull enough to warrant the instanced-paced servers for 1 year. Factions' sale numbers have to be good enough to keep the GW-servers running for at least six months, till the newest GW-title, Nightfall, will come, which hopefully will sell enough copies to let the GW-servers last another six months till the newest GW-title comes.
There will and there have to be enough people who buy the GW-games for the full price to let Arenanet and NCSoft keep running the servers where the GW datas are stored.
Should the unthinkable happen and one GW-title will not sell enough copies, the GW-servers will be shut down to cut down running costs of GW after some lenient time.

Diablohead
Oct 9, 2006, 06:59 PM
at $10 its 5 months gameplay for the cost of 1 more game you could have brought.

Slitz
Oct 9, 2006, 07:18 PM
On 2006-10-09 16:59, Diablohead wrote:
at $10 its 5 months gameplay for the cost of 1 more game you could have brought.

Very clever observation.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
Thank you.

But anyways, yeah. It will cost everyone.
If you want to play the game, you'll pay the monthly fee lol.

February
Oct 9, 2006, 07:26 PM
It's officially 9.99 accourding to the PSU Website http://phantasystaruniverse.com/support_faq.php

Siege
Oct 9, 2006, 11:50 PM
My brother and I will both be playing this at the same time using a router. Will we have to buy two separate accounts, or will be both be able to play and only have to pay one monthly fee?

DizzyDi
Oct 9, 2006, 11:53 PM
You'll have to buy two seperate accounts.

Souppy
Oct 10, 2006, 12:04 AM
I can't believe that some people are whining about paying on PC and PS2... if you want to whine about paying to play, ask some Xbox360 players. Some won't play because they already have Xbox Live and doesn't want to pay an extra fee since they already pay 50$ a year for XBL. PS2 can play online for free with most games.

So you can whine about paying one fee as a PS2 or PC user. Whiners (most beggars are whiners) in MMORPGs are almost the worst type of players (hackers are a bit worst).

Losodo1976
Oct 10, 2006, 12:07 AM
On 2006-10-09 16:24, hwing91 wrote:
Ah that sucks, I dislike paying a monthly fee for games due to the fact that i feel obligated to play them ;_;...Gah guess its back to silkroad...lol..

Silkroad? Have fun with that one, lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

foamcup
Oct 10, 2006, 12:18 AM
On 2006-10-09 22:04, Souppy wrote:
I can't believe that some people are whining about paying on PC and PS2... if you want to whine about paying to play, ask some Xbox360 players. Some won't play because they already have Xbox Live and doesn't want to pay an extra fee since they already pay 50$ a year for XBL. PS2 can play online for free with most games.

So you can whine about paying one fee as a PS2 or PC user. Whiners (most beggars are whiners) in MMORPGs are almost the worst type of players (hackers are a bit worst).

No, I would rate whiners/beggars as lower than hackers. Whiners are fucking lazy. I played Flyff for a short time, and when some beggar died in the field, they'd sit there for 10 minutes asking for a resurrection, instead of just going to the respawn point once it became obvious that no one was around to raise them.

Genobee
Oct 10, 2006, 12:46 AM
Go play WoW it's 15 bucks a month and that game sux.

Look if you wanna play games online that don't suck. your gonna have to pay. OH noes not 10 bucks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-10-09 22:47 ]</font>