PDA

View Full Version : For any one using Force in PSU Import. Questions

anmato145
Oct 9, 2006, 06:43 PM
I've been watching a few vids lately and it seems to me being force in a group is boring. Force is the job I enjoyed the most on other PS games. It really looks slow and when you look around it looks like the hunters and rangers are getting straight into the action. I don't know I just want opinions of people who use Force. Not dissing force or anything. Just opinions about how the feel of force is different from what it was on PSO.

Rizen
Oct 9, 2006, 06:47 PM
Well, I dont play force online but recently been trying it out offline. I think forces are just fine. Reason they slowed down forces because in the old PSO forces could literally kill everything in a room with one if not two spells. Rangers dont always get into the battle immediately, depending on the situation we have to switch weapons like a force to get maxium effecency of the situation.

Cross
Oct 9, 2006, 06:50 PM
Force is definitely the least interesting class to watch. I find it's a lot more fun to play than to watch, though, compared to other classes. It's probably a 'love it or hate it' class, and liking PSO's Forces doesn't necessarily say anything one way or another about it. I couldn't stand playing Forces in PSO, but I like them better than Hunters and Rangers in PSU.

anmato145
Oct 9, 2006, 06:50 PM
Man it just really looks boring watching them now, is it something i'd have to play for myself to feel the excitement?

Rizen
Oct 9, 2006, 06:52 PM
Yeah, Force is one of those classes you have to play to actually feel the excitement. Like Cross just said cant really compare classes in PSU with PSO (well maybe Hunter).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-10-09 16:55 ]</font>

anmato145
Oct 9, 2006, 06:54 PM
On 2006-10-09 16:50, Cross wrote:
Force is definitely the least interesting class to watch. I find it's a lot more fun to play than to watch, though, compared to other classes. It's probably a 'love it or hate it' class, and liking PSO's Forces doesn't necessarily say anything one way or another about it. I couldn't stand playing Forces in PSO, but I like them better than Hunters and Rangers in PSU.

Thats kool, I guess when PSU is finnaly out i'll decide rather if I wanna max yet another force or skip the job altogether. New game new style right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Who knows i'll prolly end up being the job I couldnt stand >_>

Mikaga
Oct 10, 2006, 06:27 AM
in the old PSO forces could literally kill everything in a room with one if not two spells.
When was that changed? In v2 techs were awful!

*has been out of the scene since early Episode II"

Lovejuice
Oct 10, 2006, 07:30 AM
I agree with Cross, watching a Force can be quite dull, and at first I was put off by the whole machine-gunning Barta deal. Quickly, I disccovered that playing the Force is a lot more fun (a good idea of how a Force could perhaps come across as looking dull compared to the frantic flashy-light action, is in Ether's recent video here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=MTa-dnccFCg)), as it's a role that can require you to pay attention to the fight from the almost-sidelines and work out how to take control of it effectively, similar to a Ranger I suppose, along with defending everyone else - and you also have to avoid being hit a lot more if you decide to take the Newman route, because those darn long-eared folks are immensely squishy these days.

A limited amount of techs are currently available online until the 12th, but a role I can already see myself relishing in is chronic debuffing and general support once more is available - if the offline techs are anything to go by (although sadly, PSU still rewards more XP to those who deal the most damage, so a pure support character may suffer slightly XP wise). Debuffs require a bit more careful battle placement this time, as they have a circular area of effect centered around the caster, so it can take multiple goes to get everything. Of course, versus super HP enemies (and there are quite a few online), it's back to offense spam, but higher levels of techs appear to deliver enough glitz, power and general fun smash effects (Gidiga, Ramegid, Rabarta come to mind) that should keep one happy.

As a fun point, some of the JP voices have these silly laughs (and taunts) that tend to be released when you cast stuff, it also seems a few of the US voices also keep this pointless yet wonderful system in place judging from Jonathan_F's voice video, even if the "thanks" and things are gone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-10-10 05:31 ]</font>

1337Beeb
Oct 10, 2006, 08:55 AM
I play a Force, I always play Mage, it's pretty fun but if you want action and have less fear of getting raped, be other classes.

Aidan
Oct 10, 2006, 02:12 PM
well when psu comes out i will be a force but if all you do is ice spell spam i wont bother. i want to do those crazy big fire spells etc. if not i porbally be a ranger. plz make up my mind up for me i need a class i can live with lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zorafim
Oct 10, 2006, 03:16 PM
Force looked pretty fun in the videos. Big explosions decimating enemies in seconds seems quite fun.

ShurikenShino
Oct 10, 2006, 03:59 PM
I want to be a force but that will probably be my second choise, as i'm usually the hunter/warrior in most online games.

pso123hrf
Oct 10, 2006, 05:54 PM
Could someone post me a clip of someone using a force? Most videos I see are silly hunters with their 10000000 meseta weapon...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

-Break-
Oct 10, 2006, 06:05 PM
Wartecher, best of both worlds http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

darthplagis
Oct 10, 2006, 06:20 PM
i agree forces are good to play as even going solo with PM (im offline). i can see how it may look boring just getting room after room of baddies and turning them into titanic sinkers with barta spells (tho i find barta to be my fav spell group followed by earth) but if you play smart and work to the weakness of the enemies then it opens up alot of new angles that HU and RA dont always need to take (come on svaltus sword is a one trick pony and how many ways can you shoot a laser cannon at a boss?)

HolyWizard
Oct 10, 2006, 07:48 PM
I played forces in PSO because they were the best healers, buffers, and debuffers of the game. That's why I will play one in PSU. This to me is more exciting than making huge damage numbers and what not. I like to help others. I guess we all have different reasons to want to play a force or a non-force.