PDA

View Full Version : Server division? (RP/Normal)

Zato-2TWO
Oct 9, 2006, 07:00 PM
Does anyone know if PSU will be offering separate servers for normal play and devoted RPers, like how it is in WoW or MXO? Given PSU's expansive RP outlets, I was wondering if there would be devoted servers to cater to heavy RP buffs.

Rizen
Oct 9, 2006, 07:01 PM
This isnt WoW...but there is different blocks and servers (forgot what they are called).
If you want you can set up a RP Server/Block to keep you all together.

anmato145
Oct 9, 2006, 07:01 PM
On 2006-10-09 17:00, Zato-2TWO wrote:
Does anyone know if PSU will be offering separate servers for normal play and devoted RPers, like how it is in WoW or MXO? Given PSU's expansive RP outlets, I was wondering if there would be devoted servers to cater to heavy RP buffs.

I highly EXTREMELY doubt it.

A2K
Oct 9, 2006, 07:03 PM
You can RP wherever you feel like, basically. There's no strict enforcement of it.

Slitz
Oct 9, 2006, 07:14 PM
Well, on GC PSO. I remember alot of the RPers went to a certain server.
Antares 7, I think. I don't really remember. But yeah, the server deal will be the same as PSO's, I believe..

1.Server
2.Block
3.Lobby
4.Game

But, still, I'm not 100% sure on this. ;P
Except I do guarentee that there will not be an RP-Based server. ;P

CpwninOBrien
Oct 9, 2006, 07:16 PM
theirs not enuff rpers to justify it sorry

Sevenfold
Oct 9, 2006, 07:31 PM
Should we just combine the WoW faqs with PSUs? Maybe then this wont happen so much.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 9, 2006, 07:54 PM
The servers are divided up as "Universes" (Universe01, Universe02, Universe03...), and you can jump between them freely. Which server you arrive on at login seems to be randomly chosen. Also, character rooms seem to operate on a server all their own, as well.

I would personally like to establish a particular universe as PSO World's Official RP Universe, but we'll have to see how many there are in the final release and such, first.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2006-10-09 17:54 ]</font>

Rizen
Oct 9, 2006, 08:19 PM
On 2006-10-09 17:54, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I would personally like to establish a particular universe as PSO World's Official RP Universe, but we'll have to see how many there are in the final release and such, first.

I been trying to do that for a while. lol

Xeraphim
Oct 9, 2006, 08:36 PM
Yeah, WoW was very diverse with the different types of server. However, you would get quite a few people who would show up on a RP server and NOT RP, simply because they think it's more peaceful and civil. Who knows.

AnamanaAU
Oct 9, 2006, 08:39 PM
This isn't an MMORPG to begin with and it won't be nearly as popular as WoW (Unfortunatly.). The only reason WoW has those types of servers, was based on the population size.

A2K
Oct 9, 2006, 09:13 PM
Population number doesn't really have anything to do with it. There just aren't any particularly special arrangements about it. Similar to how people are free to form teams/guilds/clans/linkshells/whatever you want to call it without there being any support for it in the game.

Even without the first to letters you still have ORPG. Don't forget what those two letters in the middle stand for. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

watashiwa
Oct 9, 2006, 09:25 PM
I was considering RPing an effeminate Cast Hunter via Voice Chat on the 360 version for kicks at some point in my PSU career...

Hopefully you'll have a world and universe picked out at that time!