PDA

View Full Version : At what time will the download be available?

hollowtip
Oct 10, 2006, 12:00 AM
Anyone have any clue? I have work on the 11th so if anyone has some inside info or whatever it would be much appreciated.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 10, 2006, 12:02 AM
It'll be available when it's available.

Numnuttz
Oct 10, 2006, 12:03 AM
i would say in the middle of the day or so. it seems liek thats when it usually hits teh market place to me. Or when Major Nelson says its up.

Souppy
Oct 10, 2006, 12:05 AM
If they put it on at 11pm... I'll be pissed

hollowtip
Oct 10, 2006, 12:06 AM
On 2006-10-09 22:02, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
It'll be available when it's available.

Thanks for wasting your own time and not understanding my circumstances.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 10, 2006, 12:09 AM
I understand your predicament, but patience is a virtue.

Souppy
Oct 10, 2006, 12:14 AM
Well... the download will be available for 2 days: Oct 11 and Oct 12. And it will close on Oct 18. I don't have inside info, but if you want the demo and you work on Oct 11, grab it on Oct 12th if you don't have time on Oct 11. You won't be able to play when you work anyway...

hollowtip
Oct 10, 2006, 12:19 AM
Well, I just wanted to start the download and have it be ready when I get home from work. I might have to work something out with my friend otherwise. We'll see.

crazyrobot
Oct 10, 2006, 12:40 AM
awww If xbox360 market place has all its downloadable content release at the same time every day then I am guessing it will be ready to be downloaded in the early morning. ( most elder scroll IV oblivion extra content was released in the morning where i live CST.) This is assuming they keep consistant for downloadable releases.

-Crokar-
Oct 10, 2006, 12:42 AM
they realease alot of stuff at noon and 1 pm where im at

AnnabellaRenee87
Oct 10, 2006, 12:51 AM
got this in my e-mail the live servers are ushley about 1-2 houres after 12 so about 1-1:30 am eastern time it should be up (basing this off how long they take to upload live arcade games)

Starting on October 11th, Xbox 360 owners can check out the online multiplayer mode of Phantasy Star Universe for free in an exclusive Open Beta release. This limited time event will allow all Xbox Live Gold Subscribers to download the beta build on October 11 and October 12. Once they've downloaded the beta, Xbox Live Gold Subscribers will be able to play from 11 until October 18th . Depending on how many people are playing at once, server availability may be limited -- so if you aren't able to get in immediately, be sure to keep trying!
This testing period will be extremely important to help us deliver the best possible experience when the game releases. All we ask is that players play as much as possible and push the servers to the limits! The Beta Test will be as close to release as we can allow, featuring a ton of new options and experiences for players:

Choose from four different races and create a completely unique character to bring online.

Party with up to six players in new and exciting environments spread out across three massive worlds.

Customize your own room, invite players over, or even set up personalized shops to sell your wares!

Fight challenging enemy AI with hundreds of weapon configurations for melee, technique, or ranged-type combat.
For even more information about Phantasy Star Universe, check out the official website! http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com

Xx3of19xX
Oct 10, 2006, 02:57 AM
AFAIK, Marketplace usually updates around midday UTC, so if you're in California, if should be on the Marketplace sometime around 5 am in the morning or so.
Read about timezones ect. here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

StanleyPain
Oct 10, 2006, 03:25 AM
Every time I've ever seen a specific download come out that's aimed for a specific day, it usually comes out around 12-1am Pacific on the day of release. That's how it's been with every Live Arcade game the last few weeks.
And, no, i don't obsess over the games, I'm just usually up at that time playing or something, and happen to notice new content when I check the updates.

krayzie
Oct 10, 2006, 05:21 AM
a lot of demo's i waited for on MP came around 6:00-8:00 am

Saner
Oct 10, 2006, 05:34 AM
ya I remember an arcade game being released around I think 5 am or 11 am.

make sure to get plenty of rest!! that'll make time go faster. checking every hour would be insane. but insures finding the earliest moment to download it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

but I can tell it won't be available midnight or even 3 am over here.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH This is soooo exciting!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lutz_Sper
Oct 10, 2006, 06:09 AM
Well...i live in spain and i dont know if i can download the beta from my 360 live bazar....anyone knows??

Saner
Oct 10, 2006, 06:14 AM
not sure, I guess it will be available for all regions since the ginal version of Xb360 is linked to all regions (europe, Japan too)

but even if you can't just make a new GamerTag with a United States region selected. well you will have to subscribe to a Gold account

I think, no wait, every new Gamertag gets a limited time Gold access, I think but not sure if its valid for this beta, it should be.

but anyways ya people have made even GamerTags with Japan as its region, so they can download and try out Japan exclusive demos and such, so ya it should work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-10-10 04:16 ]</font>

Lutz_Sper
Oct 10, 2006, 06:19 AM
well that is a possibility! i think tomorrow (11) i will do that ! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif thank you saner! WOO im soooo excited!!!!!! i played pso for almost 6 years,from the first day it comed in DC,and now its time to the best sequel of all times!!! hahahaha! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BluCast20xx
Oct 10, 2006, 06:37 AM
well, i'll be working tuesday night, and i will be home at around 2am EST. If the beta isnt up then, i'll be playing SaintsRowor something for a few hours or so.

But yea...im really psyched for this beta. It will satisfy my appetite till the 25th!

Magician
Oct 10, 2006, 06:41 AM
Best guess, probably between 2am-4am, CST.

kassy
Oct 10, 2006, 06:55 AM
Between 27AM-64PM GMP

Saner
Oct 10, 2006, 07:02 AM
what is GMP???? thats soo confusing to translate into EST time.

Zael
Oct 10, 2006, 07:25 AM
never. (>_> i bet nobody here gets the joke)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2006-10-10 05:25 ]</font>

hollowtip
Oct 10, 2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks for all your responses guys. It gives me some sort of an idea.