PDA

View Full Version : So how excatly is Sega going to update PSU?

Undubbed
Oct 10, 2006, 01:50 AM
If there is indeed no HDD support for PS2, does that mean the Xbox360 and PC version will get as little new content?

And I mean, just HOW much content is gonna be unlocked or downloaded? I just don't see the updates being added up to anything big if they're not using the HDD.

afcakey
Oct 10, 2006, 01:52 AM
They said updates would be added to your memory card. I believe the first updates will really be unlocking locked content, followed by added content and eventually an expansion.

Undubbed
Oct 10, 2006, 01:57 AM
I'm torn between the 360 and PC version. I don't have a 360 yet, but I'll get one on Friday. But I'm not excatly sure if it's a good idea since I don't know if the 360 version will have as many people as the PC version.

Sammy
Oct 10, 2006, 02:01 AM
It's the voice chat that matters. Unless you plan on playing the opposite gender and don't want you cover blown.
There's no need for the 360 to have as many people as the PC as long as there's enough.

Bleemo
Oct 10, 2006, 02:01 AM
On 2006-10-09 23:57, Undubbed wrote:
I'm torn between the 360 and PC version. I don't have a 360 yet, but I'll get one on Friday. But I'm not excatly sure if it's a good idea since I don't know if the 360 version will have as many people as the PC version.

I don't believe there will be any lack in the 360 population department. It may be less than PC/PS2, but that is to be expected since it is on two popular platforms. Though I don't think that should rule your decision.

I believe the question is: What type of community do you want to play with?

I'm sure the X360 community will differ at least slightly from the PC/PS2 community, but slightly is enough to make a decision between the two.

Ryogen
Oct 10, 2006, 02:02 AM
On 2006-10-09 23:57, Undubbed wrote:

It's regional, of course it will have just as much. Japan, europe, USA, Canada....

SaviorSe1f
Oct 10, 2006, 02:20 AM
I had a question about updates. If the JPN/US/EUR servers are all connected on the 360, how are they gonna schedule updates? I thought I heard that the JPN servers would get an upgrade first, and then the US would have to wait. Is the JPN 360 servers going to be behind that of their PC/PS2 servers? Or does this mean the US 360 servers will be ahead of the US PC/PS2 servers?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 10, 2006, 02:22 AM
On 2006-10-10 00:20, SaviorSe1f wrote:
I had a question about updates. If the JPN/US/EUR servers are all connected on the 360, how are they gonna schedule updates? I thought I heard that the JPN servers would get an upgrade first, and then the US would have to wait. Is the JPN 360 servers going to be behind that of their PC/PS2 servers? Or does this mean the US 360 servers will be ahead of the US PC/PS2 servers?

You'll have to wait and see. The Xbox 360 JP version won't even be out until December 14th.

Undubbed
Oct 10, 2006, 02:32 AM
Somehow, I don't expect that many Japanese players to be playing on the 360. If it is regional....it could be a tough time for our 5 Japanese players http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ghaleonreborn
Oct 10, 2006, 02:35 AM
will the voice chat be like halo? you have to press a button to talk or will it be live streming??

jarek99
Oct 10, 2006, 03:00 AM
On 2006-10-10 00:32, Undubbed wrote:
Somehow, I don't expect that many Japanese players to be playing on the 360. If it is regional....it could be a tough time for our 5 Japanese players http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It doesnt matter if theres a trillion japanese players. You cannot play PSU with people from other countries. PSU is going to be like for the PC/PS2 and Xbox360. Americans will only connect to American servers.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 10, 2006, 03:02 AM
On 2006-10-10 01:00, jarek99 wrote:

On 2006-10-10 00:32, Undubbed wrote:

It doesnt matter if theres a trillion japanese players. You cannot play PSU with people from other countries. PSU is going to be like for the PC/PS2 and Xbox360. Americans will only connect to American servers.

False. The X360 server has been announced as international. Furthermore, the PS2/PC server is connected for US/EU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2006-10-10 01:03 ]</font>

ShurikenShino
Oct 10, 2006, 03:35 AM
I didn't like the voice chat for Xbox Pso which is why I oppted for PC instead of X360. Voice chat isnt that great if its regional as I dobt many people could have a proper conversation with a Japanese person.. or even someone from other european countries unless they spoke english themselves.

At least using a keyboard you can pick up simple words rather than trying to pronounce them or whatever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShurikenShino on 2006-10-10 01:36 ]</font>

Sammy
Oct 10, 2006, 03:37 AM
Get a keyboard for the X360 then.

ShurikenShino
Oct 10, 2006, 03:44 AM
Yes...but that doesn't mean everyone else will, which is my point.

Sammy
Oct 10, 2006, 03:46 AM
I completely missed the point -__-

ShurikenShino
Oct 10, 2006, 03:48 AM
:/ Nevermind, it isn't important.

darthplagis
Oct 10, 2006, 09:15 AM
well as a brit i can say i will be on voice chat and confusing all those americans with my native language........english hehehe, but seriously i dont see any problems as i used to play PSO with people from ALL regions on the DC and i managed fine (even did some online missions and understood the help from our JP cousins) as long as there is a function of using simple chat and possibly symbol chat all should be well.

if voice chat goes extreme with kids hurling abuse that they dont understand cos' the folks cant hear them swear in the bedroom then you just use a keyboard hell they aint expensive

Soulvayne
Oct 10, 2006, 11:17 AM
After reading this:
http://phantasystaruniverse.com/support_faq.php

That depends on you, but each has their own advantages. PC users and PS2 users from the same country can play together in the same Phantasy Star Universe world! Xbox 360 users will be able to play with their Japanese counterparts and also use the Xbox headsets for voice chat capabilities. It just depends on what you're looking for, and where your friends are… Maybe you should just get them all!

Seems the servers are going to be interesting. Japan PC and PS2 users are on their own Worlds. EU/US PS2 and PC players are on their own Worlds. US 360 and the 5 ppl in Japan with 360s are going to be on their own worlds j/k'ing I'm sure theres more than 5 of ya.

Then there is this:

PS2 users and PC users will be sharing servers, so they'll be able to play with each other. Xbox 360 users will have to be on their own servers; we tried to make it really easy for Xbox 360 users by having everything available through Marketplace, but in order to do that, we were unable to allow cross-platform play with PC and PS2

Which makes it seem PS2 and PC people will be together (but seems that might be based on region as well do to the above italicized block of text) and 360 people will all be together (also whats said in the block of italicized text.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Soulvayne on 2006-10-10 09:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Soulvayne on 2006-10-10 09:20 ]</font>

Soulvayne
Oct 10, 2006, 11:22 AM
On 2006-10-10 01:35, ShurikenShino wrote:
I didn't like the voice chat for Xbox Pso which is why I oppted for PC instead of X360. Voice chat isnt that great if its regional as I dobt many people could have a proper conversation with a Japanese person.. or even someone from other european countries unless they spoke english themselves.

At least using a keyboard you can pick up simple words rather than trying to pronounce them or whatever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShurikenShino on 2006-10-10 01:36 ]</font>

Amazingly quite alot of people in Japan actually know how to speak english. Another reason for this combined JP/EU/US 360 servers is because of troops stationed in Japan, I've come at least 6-7 Military members stationed over in Japan while playing on Chromehounds.

James2006
Oct 10, 2006, 11:29 AM
You don't have to play with people from other countries. There may be a few here and there, but the majority will be Americans. Also, English is pretty well known in Europe. It is easy to play with friends that you know, and I am sure someone that speaks only Japanese will not want to play with an English speaking group.

Voice Chat should not be a problem. You don't have to stop fighting to type, therefore, there will be much longer conversations on the 360 in game. No one wants to stop fighting to chat.

GIHeavyDuty
Oct 10, 2006, 11:34 AM
On 2006-10-10 09:22, Soulvayne wrote:

On 2006-10-10 01:35, ShurikenShino wrote:

Amazingly quite alot of people in Japan actually know how to speak english. Another reason for this combined JP/EU/US 360 servers is because of troops stationed in Japan, I've come at least 6-7 Military members stationed over in Japan while playing on Chromehounds.

yeah thats true to the main citys. i think there educational system teaches them english aslong as your in one of the captal citys. Only reason i know this tho is my girlfrend is a East Asian Studies major at Vanderbuilt and is trying to get me to move with her to JP when she graduates. She keeps telling me i should be ok even with no skill in then jp lang. i think i might take her up on that being a eletronic production major i think it might be interesting to snag a job at a JP anmation studio... a guy can dream rigth ><.

Soulvayne
Oct 10, 2006, 11:37 AM
On 2006-10-10 09:34, GIHeavyDuty wrote:
yeah thats true to the main citys. i think there educational system teaches them english aslong as your in one of the captal citys. Only reason i know this tho is my girlfrend is a East Asian Studies major at Vanderbuilt and is trying to get me to move with her to JP when she graduates. She keeps telling me i should be ok even with no skill in then jp lang. i think i might take her up on that being a eletronic production major i think it might be interesting to snag a job at a JP anmation studio... a guy can dream rigth ><.

Cool and Good luck with that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Yeah it was always funny though playing FFXI when you'd have some
JP players in a party with US players, generally US players how no idea what JP players are typing in kanji(sp? and I believe thats the right term) while JP players tend to understand a good amount of what US players are typing in party chat.