PDA

View Full Version : Hi,English x360 owner, got a question

Jeral
Oct 10, 2006, 05:43 AM
Ok, The demo is all well n good but the americans get the game on the 24th this month yes? According to http://www.game.co.uk the english (myself included) get it on the 24th of NOVEMBER not this month, Am I getting false into here or does it come out the 24th this month for everyone? And if so Can I import and play the NA/american version on my english xbox360 without pelenty or any bother?

Ty

PS. Also will americans and english have their own server on the 360 or do the english YET AGAIN loose out in the world of gaming due to other countries getting games like a eternity before the english and having to be behind everyone else at the begining?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeral on 2006-10-10 03:44 ]</font>

Saner
Oct 10, 2006, 05:50 AM
ya I heard US gets is 24 oct. and UK get's in the month after.

but dont worry UK doesn't always get things last. they even get exclusive games that never come here like FFX-2 Last Mission.

so ya for this occassion you get it later but dont worry about falling behind, not everyone in US is even buying the game until Christmas.

ShurikenShino
Oct 10, 2006, 05:56 AM
I don't think the US Psu is region free. The only way you could play on the 24th of Oct is to preorder the US Pc version.

kassy
Oct 10, 2006, 06:46 AM
On 2006-10-10 03:43, Jeral wrote:
Ok, The demo is all well n good but the americans get the game on the 24th this month yes? According to http://www.game.co.uk the english (myself included) get it on the 24th of NOVEMBER not this month, Am I getting false into here or does it come out the 24th this month for everyone? And if so Can I import and play the NA/american version on my english xbox360 without pelenty or any bother?

Ty

PS. Also will americans and english have their own server on the 360 or do the english YET AGAIN loose out in the world of gaming due to other countries getting games like a eternity before the english and having to be behind everyone else at the begining?

The EU release for PSU on the 360 is Nov 24th, I have no idea if any 360 games are region free as I don't own one.

NA, EU and JP servers are all connected for the 360, but NA gets it Oct 24th, EU gets it Nov 24th, and JP gets it Dec 14th.

Blenjar
Oct 10, 2006, 06:47 AM
On 2006-10-10 03:50, Saner wrote:
so ya for this occassion you get it later but dont worry about falling behind, not everyone in US is even buying the game until Christmas.

Are you sure about that??

-- Blen

Reeve
Oct 10, 2006, 08:00 AM
its certainly not false info as gamespot, gamefaqs and gameplay all have it as that date

im in the same situation also, kinda annoying we get it a whole month after really and if i could play the NA version i would definately do just that and buy it instead

James2006
Oct 10, 2006, 11:16 AM
I am sure most people will wait to buy PSU and perhaps get it at Christmas. Remember that when you post on these forums you are talking to only PSO/PSU fanatics. The majority of the population who will buy psu will not purchase the game on opening day and may give it as a gift at christmas.

Reeve
Oct 10, 2006, 03:02 PM
just looked it up and what shurikenshino says is correct, the only way a person in the UK is gonna be able to play this game on the day of release is either by having a pc version of it or having a NA xbox360 and NA version of the game

guess its going to be a long wait, this kind of stuff always happens..

i just want the game asap dont really care if other people get ahead of me, its nice to start a game when everyone else starts at the same time easier to meet people,get groups and stuff like that

guess a lot of people from europe will be starting at the same time but still doesnt make the situation less annoying

ShardInABox
Oct 10, 2006, 03:48 PM
Reeve - how do you know for a fact that the 360 one isn't region free. There are quite a few region free games. I'm going to wait till the 24th Oct, check Videogamesplus.ca to see if it is in their region free section and if it is I'll order it.

McLaughlin
Oct 10, 2006, 03:54 PM
ya I heard US gets is 24 oct. and UK get's in the month after.

What do you mean you "heard"?

It's already been CONFIRMED that the NORTH AMERICAN (not just American dammit) version hits on the 24th of October, while Europe must wait until the 24th of November.

Chances are, this'll be Region Locked, like the majority of Xbox 360 games. The only way you'd be able to play it is with a NORTH AMERICAN Xbox 360.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-10-10 13:57 ]</font>

theShoal
Oct 10, 2006, 03:58 PM

What are you talking about?

Reeve
Oct 10, 2006, 03:59 PM
On 2006-10-10 13:48, ShardInABox wrote:
Reeve - how do you know for a fact that the 360 one isn't region free. There are quite a few region free games. I'm going to wait till the 24th Oct, check Videogamesplus.ca to see if it is in their region free section and if it is I'll order it.

i hope i am wrong for both our sakes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, is there any other way to check if a game will be released region free other than waiting till release date?

how long could i expect to wait for delivery if it pops up on that list on the 24th?

phunk
Oct 10, 2006, 04:11 PM

Saner,

Not everything you think or utter is a fact.

Just want to bring that to your attention.

McLaughlin
Oct 10, 2006, 04:56 PM
On 2006-10-10 14:11, phunk wrote:

Saner,

Not everything you think or utter is a fact.

Just want to bring that to your attention.

That disagrees with Saner's opinion, thereby proving it to be a fallacy.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ShardInABox
Oct 11, 2006, 01:18 AM
On 2006-10-10 13:59, Reeve wrote:

i hope i am wrong for both our sakes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, is there any other way to check if a game will be released region free other than waiting till release date?

how long could i expect to wait for delivery if it pops up on that list on the 24th?

About a week from US. I recommend normal post. no courier etc as your more likely to be charged Customs then.

Zolpner
Oct 11, 2006, 01:31 AM
Eh, if anyone is wondering why you can't run the usx360 Version on a eu/aus/nzx360 system is because of the video standard. The US (and Japan) use the NTSC video format and the others use PAL. Just a method of video coding made specific for each of the boxes~

It's not a "region code" issue like DVDs.

PC version should work fine, but you wont be able to get onto the Euro' servers. (if NA was seperated from EU, I think it was?).

Edit: oh, the PAL versions probably often come out later becasue of the time they take converting it to PAL from NTSC, is what I figured after living in a PAL region for so long.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2006-10-10 23:33 ]</font>

Aidan
Oct 11, 2006, 01:45 AM
ok.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif well i guess we have to wait. oh well ENGLISH RULE!!!!!

mogshaz
Oct 11, 2006, 01:46 AM
US and european users can play on the same servers for PC and Ps2, they just can't connect to japanese servers.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 11, 2006, 01:52 AM
On 2006-10-10 23:46, mogshaz wrote:
US and european users can play on the same servers for PC and Ps2, they just can't connect to japanese servers.

Well the version being asked about is Xbox 360, which has been stated to be connected worldwide.

mogshaz
Oct 11, 2006, 01:54 AM
i should have been more specific, i was comment on zolpner's post in which he said:

"PC version should work fine, but you wont be able to get onto the Euro' servers. (if NA was seperated from EU, I think it was?). "

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 11, 2006, 01:58 AM
No harm intended, thanks for clearing it up.

Perhaps a sticky about release dates/region server connectivity can cut down on these repeat questions.

Reeve
Oct 11, 2006, 03:38 AM
On 2006-10-10 13:59, Reeve wrote:

About a week from US. I recommend normal post. no courier etc as your more likely to be charged Customs then.

hmm better than another 3 weeks, does anyone know how the payment method works in this game? could i get away with using a UK cc on the american version or would i have to go through another route?

ShurikenShino
Oct 11, 2006, 04:39 AM
I think Visa and Mastercard are wordwide as that's what I used for when I had a JP version of Ep3 all those months ago... Reeve are you planning on importing PC version?

Xx3of19xX
Oct 11, 2006, 04:41 AM
I have a PAL Xbox 360 and I'm importing the US version (no way am I gonna wait a FULL month more).
So far, all of Sega of America's releases have been playable on PAL Xbox 360s and I don't see this changing with PSU.
The only problem might be getting online straight away, let me explain:
From the looks of it, you purchase the GUARDIANS License needed to play online from the Marketplace. However, the Marketplace is devided into several regions, one for each country to be precise. Since the game doesn't launch in Europe until late November, it is very unlikely for the GL download item to be added to the European Marketplace before that date. Of course, you could create a US Gamertag to access the US Markteplace, but this might lock you into using that Gamertag only for PSU if the game includes a registration key (which is very likely, as it is currently possibly to pirate Xbox 360 games and even play them online). Maybe it won't (like PSOX), but this is all really speculation for now.

I have the US version preordered with express shipping , you guys will be the first to know how this all works out for me if you don't want to take the risk yourself.

Reeve
Oct 11, 2006, 05:56 AM
On 2006-10-11 02:39, ShurikenShino wrote:
I think Visa and Mastercard are wordwide as that's what I used for when I had a JP version of Ep3 all those months ago... Reeve are you planning on importing PC version?

going for the xbox 360 version, planning on doing exactly the same thing as Xx3of19xX is, bar the preordering

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reeve on 2006-10-11 03:57 ]</font>

Zolpner
Oct 11, 2006, 11:51 AM
On 2006-10-11 02:41, Xx3of19xX wrote:
I have a PAL Xbox 360 and I'm importing the US version (no way am I gonna wait a FULL month more).
So far, all of Sega of America's releases have been playable on PAL Xbox 360s and I don't see this changing with PSU.
From the looks of it, you purchase the GUARDIANS License needed to play online from the Marketplace. However, the Marketplace is devided into several regions, one for each country to be precise. Since the game doesn't launch in Europe until late November, it is very unlikely for the GL download item to be added to the European Marketplace before that date. Of course, you could create a US Gamertag to access the US Markteplace, but this might lock you into using that Gamertag only for PSU if the game includes a registration key (which is very likely, as it is currently possibly to pirate Xbox 360 games and even play them online). Maybe it won't (like PSOX), but this is all really speculation for now.

I have the US version preordered with express shipping , you guys will be the first to know how this all works out for me if you don't want to take the risk yourself.

Are you using HDTV? if so that would explain that~ as thats just a diff standard that they can all run.
Otherwise, woo, built in support for both ? O_o I never heard that before.

Reeve
Oct 11, 2006, 12:12 PM
Of course, you could create a US Gamertag to access the US Markteplace, but this might lock you into using that Gamertag only for PSU if the game includes a registration key (which is very likely, as it is currently possibly to pirate Xbox 360 games and even play them online). Maybe it won't (like PSOX), but this is all really speculation for now.

did the ps2 version in japan require a CD key? (from the way you seem about it im guessing it did)
thats a pretty good indication of whether or not they will bother using a registration key for the xbox version

MXdude
Oct 11, 2006, 12:33 PM
the 360 servers are not locked by region.

Reeve
Oct 11, 2006, 01:14 PM
zolphner(or anyone who lives in NA), where are you importing your copy from, dont really know anything about the different NA online retailers, where is a cheap RELIABLE place to order from?

ShardInABox
Oct 11, 2006, 02:18 PM
On 2006-10-11 09:51, Zolpner wrote:

Are you using HDTV? if so that would explain that~ as thats just a diff standard that they can all run.
Otherwise, woo, built in support for both ? O_o I never heard that before.

Its nothing to do with HDTV. The US/JP Games that work on PAL 360s but only in 60Hz mode. Most modern TVs do 60Hz (PAL 60) fine so thats no problem. I have many import games runnign fine anyway.

Can anyone confirm that Microsoft Points are used to play the game though and that no billing account etc is required?