PDA

View Full Version : No Damage No Exp?

krika
Oct 10, 2006, 07:41 AM
In PSO you didnt get any exp if you didnt do any damage to the enemy.
I really didnt like that system becouse poeple ran around like chickens trying to hit every singel monester in the room, atleast i did.

Anyway is this system left in PSU?
I'll probably play a support force, but if this means that i wont get as much exp due my "heals and support" then I'll probably play another class.

Jozon
Oct 10, 2006, 07:48 AM
just use a multi-hit weapon(like cards may be) and tag a bunch of them, then go to support

Knownoes
Oct 10, 2006, 08:03 AM
In pso you could tag a mob with jellen/zalure and still get the xp. Hopefully that'd still work with the equivalent debuffs in psu.

krika
Oct 10, 2006, 08:15 AM
On 2006-10-10 06:03, Knownoes wrote:
In pso you could tag a mob with jellen/zalure and still get the xp. Hopefully that'd still work with the equivalent debuffs in psu.

Nice, didnt know that.

Zabot
Oct 10, 2006, 09:43 AM
but what about us hunters, like in pso, in normal mode at least, i was a cast, and my traps didnt detonate soon enough to hit all of um, its hard being a hunter, i usually go solo?

Demon-
Oct 10, 2006, 12:13 PM
Actually in PSO you could miss and do no damage and get experience. As in the red letters MISS. But yeah you still had to attack monster. How else would it be? Free exp for just being in the room?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Demon- on 2006-10-10 10:15 ]</font>

Pikku
Oct 10, 2006, 12:15 PM
Well they can make it like FFXI that if youre too far you get no EXP.

Kyuu
Oct 10, 2006, 01:04 PM
On 2006-10-10 10:13, Demon- wrote:

Actually in PSO you could miss and do no damage and get experience. As in the red letters MISS. But yeah you still had to attack monster. How else would it be? Free exp for just being in the room?
You could do zero damage and still get exp, yes, but you didn't get exp if you missed. You had to hit the enemy to tag it (or hit it with jellen/zalure).

Yes, the system is still in place in PSU. Support spells still tag, and I believe that zero damage will no longer tag (since misses are represented as a zero damage hit in PSU).

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 10, 2006, 02:01 PM
forces dont play just support, if you play like that you're just slowing down and gimping your party, you can buff your party before the battles begin then when it starts you use ae spells to do damage and heal people when necessary

krika
Oct 10, 2006, 02:21 PM
On 2006-10-10 12:01, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
forces dont play just support, if you play like that you're just slowing down and gimping your party, you can buff your party before the battles begin then when it starts you use ae spells to do damage and heal people when necessary

I probably took the support role to seriously http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. Why didnt i think on this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krika on 2006-10-10 12:22 ]</font>

Zinger314
Oct 10, 2006, 03:21 PM

Maybe in the original PSO, but with a 6 man party, there's enough room for a pure support.

krika
Oct 10, 2006, 03:29 PM
On 2006-10-10 13:21, Zinger314 wrote:

Maybe in the original PSO, but with a 6 man party, there's enough room for a pure support.

Who wants to play pure support when you dont get any exp?

Shade-
Oct 10, 2006, 03:46 PM
On 2006-10-10 13:29, krika wrote:

I think the assumption that a player playing as "support force" will heal, use the buff spells before each fight, and debuff the enemies with the ATP- DEF- EVA/ATA- spells, thus tagging just about every mob. Sure they dont get any kills, but they still get tag exp.

Likewise, Hunters that may not be able to efficently tag every mob, you are much more likely to land a killing blow than anyone else, thus getting the boosted kill exp. Everything works out close enough so that it wont be a problem, so long as you aren't a hunter following 5 tech happy forces into a room, in which case it will be a problem.

Kurushii
Oct 10, 2006, 03:49 PM
Last I remembered "0" damage aka Misses in PSU resulted in no exp given. You have to deal atleast 1 damage to the monster to get exp for the kill in a party.

Kent
Oct 10, 2006, 04:41 PM
On 2006-10-10 13:29, krika wrote:

If you're playing pure support, you're getting EXP for every enemy you hit with debuffs.

Really, I think in the original PSO, there wasn't room for "pure" anything, save for the occaisional "pure force" (only used techniques, nothing else).

Basically none of the usable player classes were pure, in that using them to their full potential involved doing more than one thing. The only possible exception to this could be the FOnewearl, as they were geared toward being able to only cast techniques, and use them better than just about anyone - it'd usually end up being a waste of time to try and melee things to death, with ATP that low.

However, a common way of playing a Force, FOmar and FOmarl in particular, involved playing mostly support, and using said support to make their melee capabilities shine. FOmarl in particular, was seemingly designed with this in mind, as their stats and technique specializations, more or less made them only very good at this. FOmar, of course, leaning more toward mixing up melee, support, and attack techniques.

In essence, yes, if you really are playing "pure support," you're probably wasting potential like nobody's business. After you tag enemies with debuffs, what are you going to do then? Sit back, and watch everyone else do the majority of the work, while you just throw out the occaisional Resta? Get in there and try to kill something.

AppieDPC
Oct 10, 2006, 05:00 PM
On 2006-10-10 07:43, Zabot wrote:
but what about us hunters, like in pso, in normal mode at least, i was a cast, and my traps didnt detonate soon enough to hit all of um, its hard being a hunter, i usually go solo?

Back to the Great Sword and/or Handgun tagging all method? =D

HolyWizard
Oct 10, 2006, 09:00 PM
"In essence, yes, if you really are playing "pure support," you're probably wasting potential like nobody's business. After you tag enemies with debuffs, what are you going to do then? Sit back, and watch everyone else do the majority of the work, while you just throw out the occaisional Resta? Get in there and try to kill something. "

Agreed. As much as I love healing and support, when I played as my FOmarl in PSO I still had more than enough time to play with my attack spells(which were awesome by the way). I don't think forces should have any problem getting EXP.

Turbulance
Oct 10, 2006, 09:26 PM
well lets look at this logically...in PSU all you have to do is hit something..and you get exp and if your "full support" well umm get a wand? or something of that nature and do your dirty work.You may do no damage but SOME damage is always better then no damage if you guys have ever mobbed you know if you can hit it for 1 damage its soo much better then none.plus come on every class has offensive abilities I think some of us are being ignorant to the cold facts that exp PROBLY wont be an issue it really wasnt in PSO...well not for me anyways...

phunk
Oct 10, 2006, 09:37 PM
On 2006-10-10 10:15, Pikku wrote:
Well they can make it like FFXI that if youre too far you get no EXP.

Or you can die and lose half of the exp you built up.