PDA

View Full Version : Controller for PC!

drakkula
Oct 10, 2006, 08:29 AM
I'm wondering what controller I should play PSU on. A friend told me I should get a X360 wire/usb controler and that would do it....

thanks=]

Velguarder
Oct 10, 2006, 08:33 AM
I'd say get a logitech cordless rumblepad 2 (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2225,CONTENTID=9069)
Fashioned like a PS2 controller, so there's nothin new or awkward about it. Also, wireless ftw.

ShurikenShino
Oct 10, 2006, 08:36 AM
On 2006-10-10 06:29, drakkula wrote:
I'm wondering what controller I should play PSU on. A friend told me I should get a X360 wire/usb controler and that would do it....

thanks=]

Never though about this... so x360 controllers would work in a pc? (yes I know it's USB but I thought they may have done something to it).

drakkula
Oct 10, 2006, 08:44 AM
this logitech seems to be nice apart from the fact that uses AA batteries.....i'd like to have something rechargable(wireless) or no batteries at all(this case wire)....thanks anyway.....

hum, I cant confirm that ShurikenShino.....I've been told I could......I will try to find that out

Velguarder
Oct 10, 2006, 08:52 AM
I use rechargable Metal-Hydride batteries. Just about $12 for the charger and the batteries (4 of em). Metal-Hydride batteries last way longer than Lithium (or whathave you), and only lose about 1/10th of their ability to hold a charge over their lifetime. Either way, its your choice, buddy.

1337Beeb
Oct 10, 2006, 08:53 AM
I use a 360 controller. I'd advise for the PC use a keyboard, I have to use both :C

drakkula
Oct 10, 2006, 08:55 AM
yeah...u made your point....ive got rechargable batteries for my mouse, so i would need 4 extra batteries.......lets see....thanks Velguarder.....

mattdude
Oct 10, 2006, 08:58 AM
I bought the normal Logitech controller.....I had credits to gmaestop....so I bought it with that......they didnt have a xbox 360 controller for the pc....and they didnt have a logitech rumble...

Velguarder
Oct 10, 2006, 08:58 AM
I believe the akwardness of the keyboard is what we're trying to avoid here. I use the rumblepad for control and the keyboard for auxilliary functions (the 1 thru 0 spell/item thing in PSOBB) and chatting purposed (I suppose just like PS2 players will be doing with their lil' keyboards). Advantage you (as a PC player) will have over them is that you can still watch TV when you're playing, or run a messenger, or whatever. Besides, if you use a messenger and a message pops up, where will you be left when you were fighting an uberboss or whatever and all of a sudden instead of moving you're typing in your witless IM buddy's IM window? :3

sigseven
Oct 10, 2006, 11:40 AM
On 2006-10-10 06:58, mattdude wrote:
I bought the normal Logitech controller.....I had credits to gmaestop....so I bought it with that......they didnt have a xbox 360 controller for the pc....and they didnt have a logitech rumble...

the standard 360 controller that is sold as being for the 360 also works on PC. the PC version of the 360 controller is just the same controller with a disc of the same drivers you can get online anyway and a 5 or 10 dollar markup

DMG
Oct 10, 2006, 11:51 AM
I used a Xbox 360 controller at first, then switched to a Logitech and never looked back.

If you do decide to go with the 360 controller, I strongly advise using the XBCD drivers with it as opposed to the standard rappy-poo ones it uses by default.

http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/

Lovejuice
Oct 10, 2006, 11:52 AM
The (wired) 360 controller is amazingly comfortable, and once configured to suit your tastes - is just so smooth (using the XBCD drivers, the only thing I need the keyboard for is to input chat text). Like melted butter on silk. It's kinda hard to believe I put up with using the keyboard controls on PSO PC all that time ago - I'd forgotten just what it was like to play the online leg of this franchise with a controller (y'know, like how it was designed). After using the controller, there's just no going back.

So.. er, yeah. Team Wired 360 Controller.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-10-10 09:54 ]</font>

krika
Oct 10, 2006, 12:04 PM
Im going to use my DREAMCAST controller, the best feeling.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 10, 2006, 01:16 PM
Xbox 360 controller most closely resembles Dreamcast Controller if ya didnt know. in terms of button layout and position of analog and Dpad.

rpgposer
Oct 10, 2006, 01:47 PM
For BB, I use a wired PS2 Controller with a USB adapter purchased at Radio Shack. Keyboard sits on my lap for chatting. I imagine that PSU will be similar.

shadonics
Oct 10, 2006, 02:21 PM
x360 controller ftw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

i feel like playing with the old dreamcast controller http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.