PDA

View Full Version : Card weapons?

Cojiro
Oct 10, 2006, 04:36 PM
I've looked all over and apart from the tiny picture on the PSO world page, it seems nobody knows much about Card weapons. So, in my search for card-y knoledge, I ask all of you.

Anyone know anything about 'em? How they work? Look? What they do?

Ether
Oct 10, 2006, 04:39 PM
No one has ever used them, they'll be released in a few days online though

Cojiro
Oct 10, 2006, 04:43 PM
Oh!
Sorry! I thought they were out already.
I'll just sit tight, then ^_^

Kent
Oct 10, 2006, 04:44 PM
All we really know is, that they look like fans.

According to PSUPedia (which misnamed them as "slicers") they actually use skills like a melee weapon, as opposed to using bullets like other ranged weapons (which, in theory, they are, being that they go in the left hand).

http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Skills#Slicers

Of course, I've no idea how they got this information. Probably the same place they got the information that they are called "Slicers" in the first place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2006-10-10 14:45 ]</font>

Mewn
Oct 10, 2006, 04:56 PM
It wasn't so much a misnaming as an wrong assumption, we didn't actually have any information, and that page needs to be changed.

Ensong
Oct 10, 2006, 04:56 PM
Wasn't their cards in PSO on Gamecube, or am I dreaming that... You hold it like a fan and it shoots out little energy cards when you wave it, and every third or so it shoots out three cards at different angles.
I am probally dreaming it <,<

Diablohead
Oct 10, 2006, 05:05 PM
There were card weapons yeah, but we have no idea if they act different now.

Kent
Oct 10, 2006, 05:13 PM
If they act how Cards in PSO did, then I'll gladly be using them over a handgun, when dual-wielding different weapons.

Talis/Mahu were my ranged weapons of choice, for my FOmar. They were even really good in melee range, too (the three-card spread could hit the same enemy with all of them, unlike Shot weapons).

Xist
Oct 10, 2006, 05:22 PM
wait this gam3 isnt a gay card gam3 is it?

DizzyDi
Oct 10, 2006, 05:23 PM
yeah, it is. you better leave and not came back ever again.

you might lose your street cred if peeps catch you playing a card gam3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2006-10-10 15:23 ]</font>

Cojiro
Oct 10, 2006, 05:45 PM
OH MY GOD IT'S BAD DUDES! I was never a bad enough dude to make it to the end.

Ehem.

No it isn't. But you can use a weapon called Cards. Kinda like Gambit, but not.

SolKyoshiro
Oct 10, 2006, 06:11 PM
Can't wait to see how the card weapons play out. If they're truly melee weapons, it should be interesting to see what there skills are.