PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Vs Fantasy (Not in spelling)

Pikku
Oct 10, 2006, 06:19 PM
Who here think PSU will almost (Of course not completely) but almost destroy FFXI by making many migrate from that to this game?

mech259_
Oct 10, 2006, 06:23 PM
lol

Souppy
Oct 10, 2006, 06:25 PM
FFXI and PSU are 2 complete different games and you can't say that PSU is gonna ''destroy'' FFXI.

By saying this, you must be a 360 player 'cause FFXI was released in 2001. FFXI ''survived'' from WoW!!! I don't think PSU will have the same power than WoW had on the FFXI's community. FFXI players on 360 might migrate but FFXI will still live on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-10-10 16:26 ]</font>

Pikku
Oct 10, 2006, 06:26 PM
Um... nothing against Xbox Gamers... but I hate Xbox and Xbox360...
Im not one of them ><
Ill be on PC and PS2

Souppy
Oct 10, 2006, 06:31 PM
Well... I think that I explained why FFXI is still there... PSU won't destroy FFXI... I believe that all MMORPG will loose a small portion of gamers because of PSU but it's the same thing when a new MMORPG is released...

Mag_Launcher
Oct 10, 2006, 06:39 PM
2001? Uhh... that's a little too early. It was 2003. 2004 for USA.

Jozon
Oct 10, 2006, 06:47 PM
lots of people from FFXI are coming to PSU, but there will be people still left

DizzyDi
Oct 10, 2006, 06:48 PM
I think WoW destroyed FFXI already.

shadonics
Oct 10, 2006, 06:49 PM
i think the main reason why ppl from FFXI come to psu is prob. that they played PSO b4 ffxi and of course want to check out the new style ( including me ).
or FFXI allready gets boring since its out for ages now lol.
i by myself can just say that im not only coming over to psu since i played pso in my past.
but i just dont feel like playing ffxi anymore since its a very time consuming game.i had 4 jobs at lvl 75 and all i did was raid,raid and yea raid.next to my work i only got like 2 - 3 hrs to play anyways.
now its PSU and as soon ragnarok online 2 is out it's that.
and just a side note.
FFXI and PSU are two different games FFXI is the game you have to play about a year or even longer to master it.
PSU is just a game you come on to bash some monsters and your done.
in the end all you do is collect your rares untill there is really nothing more to do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ghaleonreborn
Oct 10, 2006, 07:01 PM
hmmmmm me think hard about this one..

Ensong
Oct 10, 2006, 07:03 PM
On 2006-10-10 16:48, DizzyDi wrote:

FFXI was never intended to be that large of a game, if you look at it, you can tell SE didn't think it would have as big of a fan base as it does. Although FFXI has alot of heart to it.

I'll be playing both at the same time, unlike Sega, SE knows how to keep a server up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ensong on 2006-10-10 17:04 ]</font>

Pikku
Oct 10, 2006, 07:03 PM
Ive played PSODC PSOGC (EP I II III) PSOBB and PSO (Hacked Servers) and also FFXI. I know how FFXI is and Ive been ultra hooked on FFXI until PSU was coming out... played everyday for multiple hours... this week IVe been online (Here 99.9999% of the time) just waiting for this game meaning FFXI slowly but will lose me.

shadonics
Oct 10, 2006, 07:10 PM
I'll be playing both at the same time, unlike Sega, SE knows how to keep a server up.

haha thats so true.
i think if psu had something like besieged the server would burn off or something like that lol.

atleast they gave the JP PSU player 2 free months to play http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
still im sad that i payed extra money to have it as fast as possible deliverd and now that shitz

Ensong
Oct 10, 2006, 07:20 PM
Out of all the mmo's I've played, I can honestly say SE has done the best at keeping the servers online. EQ was always down, EQII was always down, on WoW your server can get full and you can't log on, also the Servers are down alot <,<

CpwninOBrien
Oct 10, 2006, 07:51 PM
lol lets not kid rselves PSU is no killer cept for PSOBB

OgSoulja
Oct 10, 2006, 08:00 PM
On 2006-10-10 16:25, Souppy wrote:
FFXI and PSU are 2 complete different games and you can't say that PSU is gonna ''destroy'' FFXI.

By saying this, you must be a 360 player 'cause FFXI was released in 2001. FFXI ''survived'' from WoW!!! I don't think PSU will have the same power than WoW had on the FFXI's community. FFXI players on 360 might migrate but FFXI will still live on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-10-10 16:26 ]</font>

I agree they are both 2 different games, but if people are looking for a faster game get psu,and if people are lookin for bigger zones etc etc ff11 is the game. But IMO ff11 is very slooow. WoW gets hacked too gd much, and eq is dieing on ps2 idk about eq2 though. but when it comes to fun factor i think PSU takes the cake with the fast action. but ff11 NOW is kinda deep. im an old school eq,wow, and ff11 player so yea. I think psu will make me cancel all my accounts, cuz those games get too serious at times. LONG LIVE PSU!!

phunk
Oct 10, 2006, 08:02 PM
On 2006-10-10 17:20, Ensong wrote:
Out of all the mmo's I've played, I can honestly say SE has done the best at keeping the servers online. EQ was always down, EQII was always down, on WoW your server can get full and you can't log on, also the Servers are down alot <,<

^

Slitz
Oct 10, 2006, 08:10 PM
On 2006-10-10 16:23, mech259_ wrote:
lol

Pikku
Oct 10, 2006, 08:11 PM
You know.... I noticed...
During PSO when I used to get really into it that day(s) I can be on it for a ultra long time... and only fall asleep on the same if I was very very very tired and closed my eyes for like 2 mins.
As for FFXI... I can be in a party and maybe even be fighting in a party (Not when soloing) and just pass out right then and there and not notice until the next morning.

crazyrobot
Oct 10, 2006, 08:18 PM
amy game that is ruled by RMT has already been destroyed in my opinion.

Genobee
Oct 10, 2006, 09:03 PM
Thats like comapring Ninja gaiden one to NInja gaiden sigma

Eviltaru
Oct 10, 2006, 09:05 PM
On 2006-10-10 16:48, DizzyDi wrote:

Yea it did, that game made some veteran quit the game and PSU will make more veteran to quit... so FFXI will be left with only hardcore players and n00b since the game will be re-release as a complete edition in november with all 3 expansion only US$29.99 + 1month free ... dam what a nice deal you can get for a player who new to mmorpg! I paid like over $150 for the game and all 3 expansion when it just came out! >.< That's like over a year of gameplay for PSU .. =] lmao

Slitz
Oct 10, 2006, 09:13 PM
O.o;; PSU won't kill FFXI..
Believe it or not, alot of people are still commited to that damn game..
"I have friends here, so I'm not quitting."

PSU will mainly consist of the PSO Veterans.
I'm sure of that.
It's been a long ass wait, and we're all excited to be back, with an all new adventure.

mogshaz
Oct 10, 2006, 09:16 PM
I think people underestimate what it takes to kill an MMORPG. Remeber Ultima onlines horrible server updates a few years back that made the game unplayable for months? Or The fact that The matrix online has like 3 guys playing it right now.

Raide_the_3rd
Oct 10, 2006, 09:22 PM
I think the most possible outcome is that WoW and FFXI will lose a decent chunk of players, FFXI won't die because it'll always have new people playing. Most likely end gamers will quit, as well as people fed up with common problems like the economy, RMT, drama, and time sinks.

I will agree that SE can keep servers up longer, because I've heard stories on how PSO had it's problems, and eventually pulled the plug on the DC version. However, I'm going to remain optimistic about PSU.

Natrokos
Oct 10, 2006, 10:18 PM
I seriously doubt it. FFXI has a huge fanbase and a tiny game like PSU taking out FFXI is about as likely as PSU offline being more popular then FFXII.

phunk
Oct 10, 2006, 10:20 PM
On 2006-10-10 19:13, Slitz wrote:
O.o;; PSU won't kill FFXI..
Believe it or not, alot of people are still commited to that damn game..
"I have friends here, so I'm not quitting."

PSU will mainly consist of the PSO Veterans.
I'm sure of that.
It's been a long ass wait, and we're all excited to be back, with an all new adventure.

^

Illumiatus
Oct 10, 2006, 10:38 PM
FFXI was never intended to be that large of a game, if you look at it, you can tell SE didn't think it would have as big of a fan base as it does. Although FFXI has alot of heart to it.

As of right now SE knows how to keep a server up. Their servers were just as bad when the game started. In fact, pretty much every Online game experiences online hiccups at its beginning.

They just have a couple of years of a headstart.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 10, 2006, 10:41 PM
Most people who are ditching FF11 for PSU are former PSO players. I doubt anyone here are huge FF11 fans that never have played PSO, but really hyped about PSU.

I never played FF11 either(thank God). But people I know at work play it all the time. They never touch PSO, and I doubt they'll play PSU.

Sev
Oct 10, 2006, 10:58 PM
WoW didn't even destroy FFXI. The only people that would quit FFXI for WoW and actually stay on WoW were those that thought FFXI was too difficult for the most part. You're not gonna sit here and say that WoW isn't a timesink, because that's a lie. It's an MMO, of course it's a timesink. The only good thing about WoW was the earlier levels for me... I just didn't wanna deal with the endgame crap, and people telling me that I need to be on at such and such time everyday. I feel the same about FFXI too, I don't wanna have to schedule my life around Dynamis and God's.

For people like me, PSO/PSU is the perfect game. I don't HAVE to be on at a certain time. I can just get on when I want, and plan my gameplay around my life, and not my life around my gameplay. I know you don't have to do things like Raids in MMO's, but it's one of my big problems with those type of games. Granted, I still love FFXI, but if I can't play how I want, then why play at all? Same with WoW, if I can't play how and when I want, then why play at all?

ghaleonreborn
Oct 10, 2006, 11:03 PM
both games are fun point blank...it really depends what you want out of your mmo experence. FF11 has lots of great gameplay to offer, so does pso/psu it comes down to what you like to look at, tradisional mmo ff11 or space sci fi cyber punky mmo pso/psu. im just saying both games are great....WoW is WoW...i still say they should make World of Starcraft but whatever

AC9breaker
Oct 10, 2006, 11:35 PM
On 2006-10-10 17:20, Ensong wrote:

Well, if I made a shitty game myself, I'd make damn sure that I did everything else damn near perfect.

Sluggette
Oct 10, 2006, 11:37 PM
cry more in my opinion

ChibiMyu
Oct 11, 2006, 12:47 AM
On 2006-10-10 20:41, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Most people who are ditching FF11 for PSU are former PSO players. I doubt anyone here are huge FF11 fans that never have played PSO, but really hyped about PSU.

This is the feeling that I get as well. A lot of PSO players played FFXI, but the FFXI player base is not composed entirely of PSO fans. In my linkshell, only like one other person (out of 40+) ever played PSO. In my current Lineage II clan, nobody else has played PSO *or* FFXI.

Ryogen
Oct 11, 2006, 12:51 AM
Why do people compare apples and oranges?

Souppy
Oct 11, 2006, 01:32 AM
Because most people are talking on forums for more than a month about a game that hasn't been released yet... I guess there is no subjects left to talk about...

WraithAkaMrak
Oct 11, 2006, 01:45 AM
I guess technically I'm in the moving from FFXI to PSU camp. But, I've had XI since the US launch, yet haven't been playing much at all in recent months. There are a lot of things I really like about it. But it's a very high-maintenance, time-consuming game, and I didn't have a linkshell/friend network left, which is pretty important for getting things done. I did some WoW, did some City of Heroes, but I'm really looking forward to getting back into the PSO/U gameplay.

So I don't think PSU will kill XI by any means, there are probably a lot of players like me who are ripe for switching over, just because they're looking for something new.

I'd almost say PSU has more to fear from FFXII being launched in the same month as PSU, than XI has to fear from defectors to PSU.

MoonSblaise
Oct 11, 2006, 02:04 AM
On 2006-10-10 20:41, Sexy_Raine wrote:

I never played FF11 either(thank God). But people I know at work play it all the time. They never touch PSO, and I doubt they'll play PSU.

<raises a hand> Never played PSO, quit FF11 a lil while sadly enough >_< but still, loved with a passion and it was an awesome game compared to other mmorpgs i've played. Am indeed hyped about PSU so nerrr XD

tank1
Oct 11, 2006, 06:26 AM
Egad moonblaise is posting what would your friends say XD. Back on topic i dont think PSU is going to really impact on the MMORPG market. I think it will have more than enough players to make good profit but i dont see it ever attaining WoW status or anything close but aslong as my friends are playing i dont care.

Mewn
Oct 11, 2006, 06:34 AM
On 2006-10-10 18:10, Slitz wrote:

On 2006-10-10 16:23, mech259_ wrote:
lol

Zabot
Oct 11, 2006, 06:49 AM
On 2006-10-10 16:26, Pikku wrote:
Um... nothing against Xbox Gamers... but I hate Xbox and Xbox360...
Im not one of them ><
Ill be on PC and PS2

be completely honest, have you ever sat down, like for a day or so and played an xbox, not being mean, i used to hate the xbox to, i thought it was just another stupid FAD,buuuutt, i played at a friends house and now i own a 360 lol, not being mean but i think that most who hate xbox's just cant afford one, or are being loyal to there system, which i understand. but why is it that when PS2 and CUBE users dont like xbox its that they are being "loyal to their system" but when xbox users dont oplay anything else they are "close minded" or "just dont get it" or "losers" or sometimes even "nerds" need i remind all of you that pokemon is on nintendo, and Katamari is on the PS2. (although i love katamari my point is. . .who has the time, and what are they smoking to come up with that game LOL)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zabot on 2006-10-11 04:51 ]</font>