PDA

View Full Version : PSU's (US version)may be DOA if.

Saligun
Oct 10, 2006, 09:34 PM
I'm very worried that PSU may arrive in the USA just as flawed and glitched up as the JP version was,which will mean after a few days of play we may all get are characters reset to level 1 again,If this games anything like FFXI it will be on the major boring list in recored time.Putting it on the PS2 is surely a sign that their worried that it will not get enough players on the other systems,The PS2 is a dinosaur system and there no way this game will look good at all on the outdated and over the hill PS2.This game should have been delayed another year instead of releaseing a rushed and not fully tested for flaws and glitches product to the game playing commuity.

And as you can see even the BETA VERSION has been DELAYED this just makes thing worse,and makes it more likely that the full PSU game will be delayed as well.This is what happens when you rush a product out without fully testing it.But maybe their trying to fix it,let's just hope they get it right this time.

It's going to take a miracle to save this game from the bargin bin at wal mart,I just hope sonic team can get the problems solved before they have to reset peoples characters to level 1 to often.GOOD LUCK.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2006-10-10 19:58 ]</font>

watashiwa
Oct 10, 2006, 09:38 PM
On 2006-10-10 19:34, Saligun wrote:
I'm very worried

Don't be. Think about something else.

Raide_the_3rd
Oct 10, 2006, 09:41 PM
Whatever you do, DO NOT push the "panic" button.

Parn
Oct 10, 2006, 09:42 PM
The glass is half full!

DizzyDi
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'm tired of these worry willie threads.

Stop fretting over the damn game and let it come out already.

-Break-
I do have to agree that I feel the damn PS2 is holding back some potential, but it's mega popular in Japan so kind of unavoidable.

lolichan
yeah, i don't really like the idea of it being released for ps2. that pretty much guarantees it'll eventually be left to rot.

TheStoicOne
Oct 10, 2006, 09:43 PM
LOL! these topics are hilarious!!!!! Quick someone needs to make teh b3St3sT Thred 3VaR!!!

lolichan
Oct 10, 2006, 09:43 PM
unless they drop support for it sometime in the future, that is. but they won't.

Openget
Oct 10, 2006, 09:44 PM
DAMN YOU PS2!! You HAVE DOOMED PSU

.....=|

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Openget on 2006-10-10 19:45 ]</font>

Mag_Launcher
Oct 10, 2006, 09:46 PM
You know, there's still people who actually believe that PSU is going to be an MMO. It's a bit more MMO-LIKE, yeah, being the cities serve as HUEG lobbies, but in the end it's just like PSO, just a little bit bigger.

And what else... oh yeah, then go get it on Xbox 360 if you're so damn worried about visuals. Even though I think they didn't do much to it.

Himmelhand
PS2 is good for those who don't want to or can't buy the mondo-huge computers to run higher-end games.

mogshaz
LOL, come one guys let the game actually get released before we declare it dead.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 10, 2006, 09:57 PM
Well, hell, it's not like the PC version of this game could be considered "higher-end".

"And as you can see even the BETA VERSION has been DELAYED this just makes thing worse,and makes it more likely that the full PSU game will be delayed as well.This is what happens when you rush a product out without fully testing it.But maybe their trying to fix it,let's just hope they get it right this time."

Oh please, you know damn well that isn't a true beta, being out in japan for 2 whole months and all. Just the same as that US Blue Burst "beta".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2006-10-10 20:02 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Oct 10, 2006, 10:02 PM
Nonetheless there are some who can't upgrade thier computer, and there are also those who feel more comfortable on the PS2.

We've had this discussion before that the PS2 isn't holding PSU back at all, and weather you like it or not PSU is coming out on the PS2, and that DOES NOT mean that PSU is going to die or anything like that at all. I seriously doubt the fate of PSU is as grim as Saligun puts it. Bargin Bin? Tch, yeah right.

Haruka-sama
Oct 10, 2006, 10:02 PM
Himmelhand is right, there is no way I could afford a computer that would run PSU, and I can't go buy a whole new console system either. I already own a PS2 and that's the only reason I'll be able to play this x_x Besides, I rather like the PS2! It has lots of great games and PSU will probably also be playable on the PS3 =P Okay, maybe I'm a little bias, but I'm VERY glad this is coming out on the PS2 so I can, like, play it and all =D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Haruka-sama on 2006-10-10 20:17 ]</font>

phunk
Oct 10, 2006, 10:03 PM
Why are you worried over a game?

You do know that N.Korea is going nuke happy right?

Openget
Oct 10, 2006, 10:04 PM
On 2006-10-10 20:03, phunk wrote:

OMFG END OF WORLD

What, you think they're gonna use it?

McLaughlin
Oct 10, 2006, 10:05 PM
Just hide under your desk, cover your head with your hands, and everything will be JUST FINE.

Raynef
Oct 10, 2006, 10:07 PM
If the end comes before i play PSU...

Natrokos
Oct 10, 2006, 10:07 PM
1. I doubt the same thing will happen on US servers....That would be like putting a fork in the microwave twice in the same week.
2. This isn't FFXI...which still took several weeks to get old.
3. Putting it on the PS2 is merely for the PS2 fanbase.....How many people would feel left out? PS2 is a big system neglecting it would be a little foolish. Oh, and PS2 is hardly outdated.
4. You are jumping to conclusions and making harsh predictions about things you don't know anything about.
5. I'm still getting over you calling PS2 a dinosaur system......the Jaguar is a dinosaur system.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natrokos on 2006-10-10 20:11 ]</font>

EJ
Oct 10, 2006, 10:09 PM
How can you be worry about PSU being doom if the game itself hasn't been release yet is everyone who makes these type of thread expecting it to sell like Halo because it is not for a few reason and one of them being ST didn't advertise the game on commericals like Microsoft did where you see that dam commerical every few mintues.

Just because it's on PS2 it already doom? How is that even possible?

DraginHikari
Oct 10, 2006, 10:10 PM
Why is the moment a new system comes out or is even announced people being putting down the old systems for what they where... 5 years ago we praised those systems as the 'next gen' systems. For what? Another system that will be outdated in five more years? Seems a tad overzealous and pointless arugement to me.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 10, 2006, 10:11 PM
While the PS2 is almost at the end of its life, there's no point of waiting for the PS3 just to have PSU released on it. Not many people will have a PS3 the first few months, and I'm certainly not going to kill myself waiting that damn long for PSU.

And this game was never originally planned for next-gen consoles.

phunk
Oct 10, 2006, 10:12 PM
On 2006-10-10 20:04, Openget wrote:

OMFG END OF WORLD

They've been using, or "testing" them. Its just getting a little out of hand, one flew over Japan and landed in their waters.

Numnuttz
Oct 10, 2006, 10:13 PM
thats what system delovpers call a revolution in gaming. the creation of new to throw away the old.

Openget
Oct 10, 2006, 10:13 PM
On 2006-10-10 20:12, phunk wrote:

OMFG END OF WORLD

They've been using, or "testing" them. Its just getting a little out of hand, one flew over Japan and landed in their waters.

Yeah, I mean, purposefully drop one on another country.

Anyway, I can't see PSU dieing because its on PS2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Openget on 2006-10-10 20:14 ]</font>

mogshaz
Oct 10, 2006, 10:14 PM
If anything the ps2 fanbase will help and not hurt psu. The more potential users a game has the more potential buys and that means more money for server upkeep and content updates. If you think dated graphics alone can doom a game then why is the original Everquest still around or Ultima online, or Ragnarok online, why do people still play Unreal tournament (not 2003 or 2004 THE ORIGINAL) or Counterstrike. or the thousands of other graphically outdated games that still have respectable userbases.

A2K
Oct 10, 2006, 10:16 PM
In all honesty, this post isn't much more than fear-mongering. I'd go over your post, but I think Natrokos has it covered. I probably would have used a lighter tone myself, though.

phunk
Oct 10, 2006, 10:17 PM
On 2006-10-10 20:13, Openget wrote:

OMFG END OF WORLD

Yeah, I mean, purposefully drop one on another country.

I'd hope not, but there's been a lot of buzz about it.

Natrokos
Oct 10, 2006, 10:17 PM

OMFG END OF WORLD

At least they didn't hit Japan like some countries.....

Nekomimi
Oct 10, 2006, 10:22 PM
Just so you know, the test over the last weekend is the first time NK has ever employed a nuclear weapon. The ballistic missile that someone mentioned flew 'over' Japan (it didn't, it landed in the Sea of Japan) was not a nuclear weapon of any type. It was simply a missile test. Could a nuclear warhead be attached to such a weapon? Yes, of course. Was there one? No.

lolichan
Oct 10, 2006, 10:24 PM
if japan got blowed up there'd be no more lolis!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Saligun
Oct 10, 2006, 10:28 PM
It's just that there is such a big gap between what a PC can do and what a PS2 is able to do,it just seems like both system users may come out on the losing end of things,while SONIC TEAM tries to keep things balanced for both systems.You should ask youself.Why do you think that SONIC TEAM felt it nesseary to link 2 systems that are so far apart in capabilty?Don't they think the PS2 version could stand on it's own as a PSU game.Do they feel the only way the PS2 version will make it,is if it's carried piggyback on the PC version.It seems that they don't think the PS2 version can survive going solo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2006-10-10 20:29 ]</font>

Mag_Launcher
Oct 10, 2006, 10:30 PM
There WAS a test missile that flew OVER Japan, but it was in 1998. Easy to confuse that one for the more current tests. (Kinda sounds like they're getting a little inept at making those missiles, eh?)

And as for the other thing, well, the obvious answer that developers usually take: water down/simply port the PC version to match the PS2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2006-10-10 20:36 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Oct 10, 2006, 10:31 PM
SE linked FFXI PS2 and PC and look, it survived pretty well if ya ask me.
And FFXI had alot of stuff going for it as far as graphics went.

galaxy
Oct 10, 2006, 10:33 PM
ok one the one hand, the ps3 wll be backwards compatible, so you'd still be playing psu on the system.
two, other companies are still releasing games for the ps2 that will be huge successes, and they arent worries. ffxii much?
three, i can almost gaurantee you the ps2 will remain strong for at least a year after ps3 is released. hardly anyone is going to own the system anyway. and companies will still be releasing a slew of games for the ps2 because of this fact

honestly, this worry is completely unfounded.

mogshaz
Oct 10, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-10-10 20:22, Nekomimi wrote:
Just so you know, the test over the last weekend is the first time NK has ever employed a nuclear weapon. The ballistic missile that someone mentioned flew 'over' Japan (it didn't, it landed in the Sea of Japan) was not a nuclear weapon of any type. It was simply a missile test. Could a nuclear warhead be attached to such a weapon? Yes, of course. Was there one? No.

I think you use the word "landed" very loosely. It basically broke apart and fell into the sea of japan.

On topic: Guys i think i remember this from soemwhere. isn't this written in the book of revelation as one of the signs of the apocolypse?!
Everyone need to lighten up.

crazyrobot
Oct 10, 2006, 10:34 PM
I doubt PSU is doomed, any game series with a huge cult following will always sell, no matter how flawed it maybe. For example look at the game Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus. This was a game so obsessed with its own storyline it hardly ever lets you even play. Many hardcore final fantasy fans loved this game and thought it was the best game since FFVII. I thought it was horrible game,but you can't convince final fantasy hardcore follower that. Its the fans that keep game series alive.

Sev
Oct 10, 2006, 10:43 PM
On 2006-10-10 20:28, Saligun wrote:
It's just that there is such a big gap between what a PC can do and what a PS2 is able to do,it just seems like both system users may come out on the losing end of things,while SONIC TEAM tries to keep things balanced for both systems.You should ask youself.Why do you think that SONIC TEAM felt it nesseary to link 2 systems that are so far apart in capabilty?Don't they think the PS2 version could stand on it's own as a PSU game.Do they feel the only way the PS2 version will make it,is if it's carried piggyback on the PC version.It seems that they don't think the PS2 version can survive going solo.

Ya know... Within 2 years there can possibly be this same huge gap between all of the Next Gen systems and the PC. It happens, since the PC can keep upgrading while a console is stuck with what it started with.

And the PS2 version of this game isn't being carried by anything... You must not like the idea of being able to play with friends too much... Cuz see... Most people I know own a PS2 and since I own a pretty good PC... I can get the game for PC, and play with my PS2 friends. That must seem a little farfetched though... I mean... Who wants to play games with their friends?

The last bit is sarcasm just to let you know.

zemog
Oct 10, 2006, 10:46 PM
Thoughts like this only strengthen my resolve to play offline first... by the time I finish the Single player, I'm hoping online to be smoothe sailing......

Natrokos
Oct 10, 2006, 10:49 PM
^Thoughts like the original post make me wonder why the person who started this thread is even interested in the game at all.

A2K
Oct 10, 2006, 10:54 PM
This thread is in desperate need of a lock. Aside from the off-topicness, this is just... FUD at its worst.

Shawnathon
Oct 10, 2006, 11:00 PM
well the ps2 is holding the game back in the sense that they could have developed it as a true next gen title to make bettter use of the 360, pc and ps3 hardware.....but releasing the game on the ps2 is smart idea there is after all about 1oo mil ps2 owners that could potentially pick the game up bigger user base means a greater potential to make lots of money also the ps2 won't die for a few years to come so there is no need to worry psu is gonna die anytime soon.

Sev
Oct 10, 2006, 11:01 PM
On 2006-10-10 20:54, A2K wrote:
This thread is in desperate need of a lock. Aside from the off-topicness, this is just... FUD at its worst.

Umm... FUD?

A2K
Oct 10, 2006, 11:08 PM
On 2006-10-10 21:01, Sev wrote:
[quote]
Umm... FUD?

Fear, uncertainty, doubt. It was, ah, originally a marketing term, I believe. It's when someone dissemenates vague and negative information that more often than not has no real basis in fact. In the marketing context, against a competitor's product, for example.

Sev
Oct 10, 2006, 11:19 PM
Ah.

Thanks for clearin that up. I had a thought about what the F would be and boy... Was I offbase. Your right though, but this isn't the first time we've really had a thread that's done that.

RamenEater
Oct 11, 2006, 12:42 AM
On 2006-10-10 19:41, Raide_the_3rd wrote:
Whatever you do, DO NOT push the "panic" button.

OMG i dont have a panic button!!! what do i do???

Losodo1976
Oct 11, 2006, 01:29 AM
I'm very worried that PSU may arrive in the USA just as flawed and glitched up as the JP version was,which will mean after a few days of play we may all get are characters reset to level 1 again,If this games anything like FFXI it will be on the major boring list in recored time.Putting it on the PS2 is surely a sign that their worried that it will not get enough players on the other systems,The PS2 is a dinosaur system and there no way this game will look good at all on the outdated and over the hill PS2.This game should have been delayed another year instead of releaseing a rushed and not fully tested for flaws and glitches product to the game playing commuity.

And as you can see even the BETA VERSION has been DELAYED this just makes thing worse,and makes it more likely that the full PSU game will be delayed as well.This is what happens when you rush a product out without fully testing it.But maybe their trying to fix it,let's just hope they get it right this time.

It's going to take a miracle to save this game from the bargin bin at wal mart,I just hope sonic team can get the problems solved before they have to reset peoples characters to level 1 to often.GOOD LUCK.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2006-10-10 19:58 ]</font>

LoL! Dude, I think you're in the wrong forums.

Miyoko
Oct 11, 2006, 03:12 AM
On 2006-10-10 19:42, lolichan wrote:
yeah, i don't really like the idea of it being released for ps2. that pretty much guarantees it'll eventually be left to rot.

Welcome to -every game ever created-.

Kent
Oct 11, 2006, 03:25 AM
Probably the biggest concern people have about it being on PS2, is that it doesn't use the hard drive - as in, "content updates" that actually are adding in new content to the game (as opposed to unlocking stuff that's already there), has to be under 8MB, in overall total, to fit in a memory card. Meaning, we'll get script files for new quests for extra mode, or something, and that's basically it (just like PSO).

If it's hardware or performance issue-related... What's the big deal? It's not holding anything back, by any logic. It was designed to run equally on PC and PS2, so there's no issue here.

Ryudo
Oct 11, 2006, 05:48 AM
It's released on ps2 because ps2 has a large userbase and will sell well.

Because of the amount of players on ps2, it's MORE likely that we'll get constant updates and new content for PSU.

You COULD just release PSU on PC and xbox360 but the small userbase garnered by that would offer far less financial incentive for sega to develop new content

really, I'm getting sick of these "ps2 is holding psu back!!!!11" threads

McLaughlin
Oct 11, 2006, 05:59 AM
*Points to his left*

kassy
Oct 11, 2006, 06:10 AM
haha, this topic XD

WE'RE DOOMED, DOOMED I TELLS YA!

This game should have come out on PS4 and XBOX 1080 instead of being rushed!

Oh Sega, why oh why did you rush PSU!? why didn't you have a JP beta test? why oh why didn't you fix the problems in PSU JP?!...

wait a minute...

Chronosv2
Oct 11, 2006, 06:25 AM
On 2006-10-11 04:10, kassy wrote:
haha, this topic XD

WE'RE DOOMED, DOOMED I TELLS YA!

This game should have come out on PS4 and XBOX 1080 instead of being rushed!

Oh Sega, why oh why did you rush PSU!? why didn't you have a JP beta test? why oh why didn't you fix the problems in PSU JP?!...

wait a minute...

Now that's funny. You've hit on some very valid points there. A. The game wasn't rushed. They've held it back so that they can make it the best game they can. B. They did have a Network Mode beta test for Japan, where I'm sure they worked out tons of (up till then unseen) problems. And, lastly...C. The game has been out for over a month in Japan, giving the NA dev team time to fix the issues found after JP Launch.

All this worrying is for nothing.
And what's this about the PS2 holding PSU back? The PC's minimum settings will give you slightly less quality (visual effects/particle stuff I've heard) than the PS2. And the PS2 isn't a dying system either--yes, the PS3 is coming out soon, but the PS2 still has a lot of support, and I'm certain that users will stick with the system long after the PS3 is released.

PSU will be a fantastic game no matter the platform, and nobody can convince me otherwise. And yes, I'm getting the PS2 version.

Zabot
Oct 11, 2006, 06:33 AM
seriously, dont get all pissy because the beta wasnt release, they didnt even have to release a beta, why cant you just be happy its coming out in the first place, sure im really disapointed, i mean i took off school, wasnt schedualed for work, but i am tomorrow and friday, which sux, so i wont be home till about 8:30 or 9, maybe even later, but i mean, i got the weekend if it does come out, which i believe it will, and even still, its a BETA, we are supposed to help and find problems thats what you do, im going to help find glitches and stuff, that will make the game better, we tell them what is wrong and they will fix it. just because the BETA doesnt come out, or your dissapointed doesnt mean that the game will be horrible, and also, dont contradict yourself, you said that the game will be horrible and end up in the bargain bin, but you also said you were mad cuz it shoulda been another year and not rushed, BUT you also said that it bein pushed back was bad and stuff, if you didnt want it to be rushed then you should be happy it was pushed a bit longer. and also, this game was NOT rushed i remember hearing of it when i was playing the xbox version of PSO last november, its been like a year, and i understand all thats put into a game, but a year is pretty descent, i mean this isnt like oblivion, (although it is to me and many others) its going to be good dont worry.
*sings* dont worry be happy, every little thing is ganna be alright.

(edit) also forgot, its cool its coming out on the PS2, PS2 is the RPG system, gimme a break how many rpgs are on it, all of the FF, i mean how many extremely good RPG's are on the XBOX a few on the CUBE but not all good ones, cmon im not one of those guys who hates the PS2 just because 3 went awol on me doesnt mean they suck. . .right? no but really its cool i was thinking of picking one up so i can play with comp users, just not sure, ive had bad expirences. well wish me luck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zabot on 2006-10-11 04:37 ]</font>

Katrina
Oct 11, 2006, 06:35 AM
This is just speculation on my part, and wishful thinking. While some ppl are concerned over PSU being released on PS2, like many ppl said, the user base for PS2 is huge. Ignoring that fanbase by 'not' including PS2 doesn't sound like the way to go from a business standpoint.

With PS3 on the way, I'm hoping this would be a great opportunity for Sega to issue an expansion, along with PS3 hitting the market. They wouldn't be bound by PS2 graphics, etc.. and and expansion could take full advantage of the next gen systems.

Being that the PS2 origional version would be backwards compatable with the PS3, PS2 users would still be able to play on the same servers, but wouldn't have access to the new content. (unless they upgrade to PS3).

Saligun
Oct 14, 2006, 10:45 AM
I am loving every minute of all these threads,watching all of you fight each other,about all the problems that some of you are having with the beta version,this is better then playing PSU itself,if it's this bad for everyone now then i can hardly wait to see the threads posted everytime their the silghtest online problem,and for those of you who got online with beta to be giving those who didn't a hard time just proves that you are probely the kind of people to be avoided online,all sega doing is letting some of you test the waters by allowing you to to get your feet wet but some of you are finding out the hard way that the water just a little to cold for you to play in.plus you really gotta wonder if sega is in the pool to but the waters over their head.because this games so deep that even they couldn't reach the bottom of the pool.

Genobee
Oct 14, 2006, 11:10 AM
I wish it wasn't coming out for PS2 cause I don't get how we are gonna get major updates or new waepons and new missons, 8mb? wtf uses 8mb anymore? my last WoW update was 125mb and that was just to fix one glitch. I'm just afraid PSU is gonna end up like PSO glitchy as hell and they are never gonna fix it. I mean PSO had to be the glitcheist game I have ever played. Also is makes me worried that I might have to go out and buy minor updates like freaken FF 11. Just so the freaken PS2 players are fine and dandy.

Also it's s a common misconspetion that that you need a total gaming rig to play video games on a comp. Any Dell you can buy can play most games just fine. It's not 1998 anymore guys technology has advanced.

kassy
Oct 14, 2006, 11:19 AM
On 2006-10-14 09:10, Genobee wrote:
I wish it wasn't coming out for PS2 cause I don't get how we are gonna get major updates or new waepons and new missons, 8mb? wtf uses 8mb anymore? my last WoW update was 125mb and that was just to fix one glitch. I'm just afraid PSU is gonna end up like PSO glitchy as hell and they are never gonna fix it. I mean PSO had to be the glitcheist game I have ever played. Also is makes me worried that I might have to go out and buy minor updates like freaken FF 11. Just so the freaken PS2 players are fine and dandy.

Also it's s a common misconspetion that that you need a total gaming rig to play video games on a comp. Any Dell you can buy can play most games just fine. It's not 1998 anymore guys technology has advanced.

Correction, the PS2 mem card only uses about 3.3MBs for PSU, and some of that is also dedicated solely to the offline save file as well.

8mbs is wishful thinking, lol.

tyler2zelda
Oct 14, 2006, 11:27 AM
But still, how would PS2 users like me gonna get updates...?

Earthsunderer
Oct 14, 2006, 11:37 AM
Your "updates" are already on your disk, waiting to be unlocked.

The only thing you will get are patches to help eliminate glitches or rebalance some numbers. Things that are less than the space needed on one memory card.

DreamLocke
Oct 14, 2006, 11:45 AM
you all bring up pretty good points. I haven't played the demo/beta and I'm kind of glad I didn't because of some of the negative feedback going on. But it's not the final game, and not even on a disc, it's a download. Still, I hope the flaws don't turn off potential PSU players who preordered or were considering trying PSU out.
Sega did a pretty decent job with PSO, not perfect, but good enough to hold a solid player base for years. I trust them. They managed to keep PSO fresh for a long time, and they'll do the same with PSU. Think of v.1 and how it evolved to ep. 2&3. Sonic team knows what they are doing.

Galrond
Oct 14, 2006, 07:02 PM
PS2 can use flash/thumb drives for updates... im not sure what the limit for their size is but mine are 256mb each and my keyboard has 2 usb slots also (allowing me 3 free usb slots) so space for updates wont be a problem IMO

As for the graphical problem some seem to have... pso ep1&2 for xbox looks alot worse than psu screens for ps2 look so i dont see the problem as long as the game is fun/keeps me playing as it did since v1.

DraginHikari
Oct 14, 2006, 07:06 PM
From my understanding most of the glitch/bug fixing is going to be done more serverside this time around then client. And seriously as stated before everything they have currently planned is on the disk, if they really wanted to do more then they originally planned there are other ways to do it besides installing patches and often times even when that's possible companies will release expansions as seperate products anyway.

Shadow_Wing
Oct 14, 2006, 07:18 PM
People keep on conceiving that one needs to recieve an update for it to be updated.... ya know all of PSU is pretty much server side, only things like weapons, user sprites, stages ect. (Graphical stuff for those who don't get it). The only things that are going to be user side are small patches in program code, which takes up hardly any space if done right. Everything else, like the physics engine and stuff, are done server side. If anything, ST has more control than anything now, since most of the game will be done on their server than being player side. This also presents a positive outlook when it comes to updates, instead of waiting to DL the update, you can play the game right away once they've done their maintenece.

Also is makes me worried that I might have to go out and buy minor updates like freaken FF 11.

Isn't WoW comming out with a expansion you have to buy... And if I remember right, that update is as large as ones I've seen on FFXI... >>;

TCampbell76
Oct 14, 2006, 07:24 PM
lol @ thread topic

When has PSO/PSU or anything from Sonic Team for that matter NEVER been glitched and never showing a support to fix things soon after. I actually went into this game with very low expectations, but Sonic Team surprised me with this one. People who enjoy and stay for a long time in this game like the community despite christmas lasting all year round in the lobbies and the complete lack of GM support.

The fact this game was also ported on PS2 says a lot of things... mainly with no HDD support and the fact your limited to the memory card means that updates will remain few and far between like PSO was. So that means no major updates that rival the updates you see in the bigger MMO's like WoW or FFXI.

This is yet another highly addictive Phantasy Star game online that will get a full lack of developer attention and support in the long run. I hope I am wrong, because if they do show a heavy support with PSU, the PS2 version will eventually get left out of a lot of content. They could be ghetto and make PS2 users keep a stack of memory cards on the side for this game. "<PS2rulz!1> Wait guys, I have to find the memory card that had this mission!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TCampbell76 on 2006-10-14 17:39 ]</font>

Zaiden
Oct 14, 2006, 07:37 PM
I'm totally going to play PSU on my Dell with a "rad" PCI card and 512MB of RAM!

>_>

PS2 it is.

ShinMaruku
Oct 14, 2006, 07:42 PM
To all doom and gloom people I give:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/spaderaper/CNTisntacuntwithoutU.jpg

TCampbell76
Oct 14, 2006, 07:46 PM
Does photobucket have an echo problem or did your humor just fail? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Genobee
Oct 14, 2006, 07:52 PM
On 2006-10-14 09:19, kassy wrote:

On 2006-10-14 09:10, Genobee wrote:

Correction, the PS2 mem card only uses about 3.3MBs for PSU, and some of that is also dedicated solely to the offline save file as well.

8mbs is wishful thinking, lol.

even so thtas doesn't make me feel any better lol

On 2006-10-14 17:18, Shadow_Wing wrote:
People keep on conceiving that one needs to recieve an update for it to be updated.... ya know all of PSU is pretty much server side, only things like weapons, user sprites, stages ect. (Graphical stuff for those who don't get it). The only things that are going to be user side are small patches in program code, which takes up hardly any space if done right. Everything else, like the physics engine and stuff, are done server side. If anything, ST has more control than anything now, since most of the game will be done on their server than being player side. This also presents a positive outlook when it comes to updates, instead of waiting to DL the update, you can play the game right away once they've done their maintenece.

Also is makes me worried that I might have to go out and buy minor updates like freaken FF 11.

Isn't WoW comming out with a expansion you have to buy... And if I remember right, that update is as large as ones I've seen on FFXI... >>;

actualy no the minor updates that wow puts out are about the size of FF11's and the the expansion they are making it about the size of 50% of the already exsisting game.

WoW is still ll server side aswell and it's updates stillt ake up a gig and a half of space

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-10-14 18:02 ]</font>

Asuri
Oct 14, 2006, 07:56 PM
The beta is good enough for me, im sure the real game will have more missions and more items, IM not worried

vitius137
Oct 14, 2006, 08:22 PM
This game should have been delayed another year

NO, just... no.

A2K
Oct 14, 2006, 08:24 PM
This is an old thread that needed to stay dead.

Saligun
Oct 14, 2006, 11:58 PM
This thread won't die until PSU is show to be working correctly and not needing it servers shut down to often for constant repairs.