PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Announcements (10/11)

uhawww
Oct 11, 2006, 11:20 AM
Translations of recent announcements made on Official JP PSU site:

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=106

nProtect GameGuard Connection Issues

Beginning at approximately 7:00 pm JST today, we began receiving reports that the nProtect GameGuard was having problems properly connecting for some players.

We are currently looking into this issue.

If you are having initial problems with the nProtect GameGuard connection, we ask that you make several attempts to launch the game. We have verified that the issue is fairly isolated, and is usually bypassed after a couple of attempts.

We're Sorry for the inconvenience, however we ask for your assistance.

I was able to connect without issue this morning, but if you have any problems getting through GameGuard update/connection, just try again. They are monitoring connection attempts to find the root cause.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=107

At Midnight on October 8th, we implemented a network adjustment in regards to past large-scale disconnections from the game server. We will be performing temporary maintenance on the servers at the time listed below to further analyze and adjust, and for operational follow-up to the impending update to the game's content following the weekly maintenance tonight:

Friday, October 13, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm (JST)

*We ask that until the maintainence has ended and the announcement is posted here, that you refrain from attempting to connect to the network mode service.
Although maintenance has been scheduled and is expected to end at 12:00 pm, this time is subject to change. We're sorry for the inconvenience and ask for your understanding and cooperation.

Just some post update clean-up it seems.

Dark_Heal_v2
Oct 11, 2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks a lot!

But when's the maintenance for tomorrow's update anyway?

SoujiSeta
Oct 11, 2006, 11:50 AM
So that means that the new contents are postponed til 13th?

Zarbolord
Oct 11, 2006, 11:51 AM
Atleast this proves they're working non stop, that's good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ProfessorZ
Oct 11, 2006, 11:54 AM
This is probably why the 360 beta has been delayed

uhawww
Oct 11, 2006, 11:55 AM
On 2006-10-11 09:50, SoujiSeta wrote:

Nah, sounds like they're just going to take the servers down for a couple hours afterwards to sneak a peek and make sure nothing's wrong.

Blenjar
Oct 11, 2006, 11:58 AM
man

SoujiSeta
Oct 11, 2006, 12:00 PM
On 2006-10-11 09:55, uhawww wrote:

On 2006-10-11 09:50, SoujiSeta wrote:

Nah, sounds like they're just going to take the servers down for a couple hours afterwards to sneak a peek and make sure nothing's wrong.

Are they gonna add the stuff in the middle of the night? o_O
I sure hope so. Right now I'm trying to get enough mesetas to buy the new stuff when its released -.-

uhawww
Oct 11, 2006, 12:05 PM
On 2006-10-11 10:00, SoujiSeta wrote:
Are they gonna add the stuff in the middle of the night? o_O
I sure hope so. Right now I'm trying to get enough mesetas to buy the new stuff when its released -.-

I hear ya.
Me and some friends yesterday just did a ton of De Ragan Rank A runs to fundraise. (Room was called TEAM M-YORO "We want Meseta" lol)
Makin' ~2k Meseta every 15-20 minutes ain't bad.
Also gave me a chance to put some Class XP into Force. I'd like to see what this WarTechter business will be about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-10-11 10:07 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Oct 11, 2006, 04:03 PM
Awesome, by the gods I do hope Sega USA's IT people work as hard, and are as on the ball as ST is being now.

Hopefully updates/new content will *not* take months upon months to be released. I can wait 3 weeks for a new quests/content; but 3 months is really pushing/stretching out of a lot of players' patience I think.

New clothing, accessories are key for unique looking characters and the starting clothing selection for characters is too few IMO... 1 new quest 3-4 wks. after US release will be *very* welcomed IMO.

SoujiSeta
Oct 11, 2006, 04:20 PM
It's not implemented yet. It's currently 5am here and 6am in Japan. Guess we'll have to wait till later today.

McLaughlin
Oct 11, 2006, 04:35 PM
On 2006-10-11 09:54, ProfessorZ wrote:
This is probably why the 360 beta has been delayed

The nProtect Gameguard has nothing to do with the Xbox 360. The Beta has been delayed (evidently) due to a hold up in the Certification process.

AC9breaker
Oct 11, 2006, 05:11 PM
So like, will they be addressing the Gameguard problem cause like I can't get past it for some reason. I get a windows error message with a bunch of Black dots that are suppose to be JP text I guess.