PDA

View Full Version : Im not so lucky :(

Zabot
Oct 11, 2006, 12:27 PM
my xbox 360 freezes, and a lot of other crap, i have to send it in for repairs my warrenty is about to expire so i have to do it now, tops it will take up to 3-4 weeks, so i wont get to play it for about 2 weeks after it comes out, be thankful you get to play it guys, im jealous already.

(edit) i guess i have to spell it out for you guys, BE THANKFUL YOUR GETTING TO PLAY IT WHEN YOU CAN EVEN IF YOU DONT GET A DEMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zabot on 2006-10-11 10:33 ]</font>

John_117
Oct 11, 2006, 12:50 PM
lol sucks man,my 360 some times locks up on me,but ive only had that problem with Oblivion...oddly enough any other game runs great.

Reeve
Oct 11, 2006, 12:51 PM
yeah well atleast your not european, you STILL get it before we do

Blenjar
Oct 11, 2006, 12:52 PM
I got a 2 year warranty with compusa..if it goes bad I'll just go to the store and have it exchange for a fresh new one out of the box.

Good looks man, hope everything gets better with you.

-- Blen

Minswune
Oct 11, 2006, 12:52 PM
Mine will occasionally freeze, but only when it gets a tad too toasty from being on too long.

Oreic
Oct 11, 2006, 12:54 PM
On 2006-10-11 10:50, John_117 wrote:
lol sucks man,my 360 some times locks up on me,but ive only had that problem with Oblivion...oddly enough any other game runs great.

The reason Oblivion frezzes is because of code issues this has been stated by Bethesda.

phunk
Sorry about that Zabot; don't think you'll be missing anything anyways. PSU is a casual experience so you can jump on and not have to worry about being behind or not knowing enough to get around, etc...

Zabot
but the thing is guys, its a $400.00 peice of machenery, i at last worked all summer for mine, and it shouldnt do this, it pisses me off, so anyway now i gotta switch my ver to PC, dunno why i didnt think of that ealier, so im gettin that one, i know itll run it. but anyway, i guess ill have to wait then buy the 360 ver when i get my box back

phunk
Oct 11, 2006, 12:58 PM
On 2006-10-11 10:54, Zabot wrote:
but the thing is guys, its a $400.00 peice of machenery, i at last worked all summer for mine, and it shouldnt do this, it pisses me off, so anyway now i gotta switch my ver to PC, dunno why i didnt think of that ealier, so im gettin that one, i know itll run it. but anyway, i guess ill have to wait then buy the 360 ver when i get my box back

True, technology isn't perfect. How was your 360 setup? There's a lot of gray areas that no one pays attention to when their console beings to malfunction. Could be where you have it placed (Carpet, closed area, around dust; on the floor), how you have it (horizontal or vertical).

Zabot
Oct 11, 2006, 12:59 PM
yea oblivion just does that, but mines with arcade games, reg box games, and itll like, well it like flashes (the screen) and then that screen will stay on, like on halo 2, ill look around but my corsur and everything is still in the last picture, its like having another pic on a layer behind or even infront of the one im seeing now, it it get like super hot, one time i left it running for like 5 hours and took my game out and it was like flexible :| its just really pissin me off

Zabot
Oct 11, 2006, 01:00 PM
its horizontal but its got lots of airflow, i cant stand it up there is no where to put it, but i make sure its out of the way, it heats up in like 30 mins tho, and ive tried standing it up but it gets just as hot but in about an hour.

Sevenfold
Oct 11, 2006, 01:24 PM
*hugs computer*

Zabrio
Oct 11, 2006, 01:44 PM
On 2006-10-11 10:51, Reeve wrote:
yeah well atleast your not european, you STILL get it before we do

it is called importing

adamgnome104
Oct 11, 2006, 01:45 PM
Me and my Dad bought an Xbox 360 yesterday, and on the manual it said "Do not sit or step on it"

Just a protip~

Velrath
Oct 11, 2006, 01:50 PM
Wow, that seriously sucks... I feel your anguish man...

My Xbox exploded on the inside when I brought it over my friend's house to play PSO. I still never got it fixed...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Velrath on 2006-10-11 11:55 ]</font>

Chris28
Oct 11, 2006, 01:57 PM
On 2006-10-11 10:54, Zabot wrote:

You worked all summer for that???? I work 14-15 hours a week and I could have that in 3 weeks. Time to find a new job.

Yoiyami
Oct 11, 2006, 01:59 PM
At least you have a 360. I don't even have one yet. ^_^;

By the end of the month, hopefully, I'll have one. I'm hoping I don't run into any serious technical issues... Yikes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoiyami on 2006-10-11 12:00 ]</font>

solidsolo
Oct 11, 2006, 02:04 PM
You should of ordered microsoft's 2-year warranty offer that came w/ the x360.. it was only $60 and the turn-around repair is only a couple days. They'll even replace it all together if its unfixable and you'll be back playing games in no time.

Zabot
Oct 11, 2006, 02:09 PM
i did a clear cache file thing that i found a friend told me about, my box runs smoother now, smoother tahn ever, and im going to go pick up an iner cooling system, i fixed my box yay for me i dont need to have it repaired, thanks everyone. lol yay woot. im so happy, im giving a special shoutout to Digiont who helped me out, thanks man

solidsolo
Oct 11, 2006, 02:18 PM
wait!!! clear cache file??? how u do that on the 360?? and where u getting the inner cooler for it??

CpwninOBrien
Oct 11, 2006, 02:18 PM
awesum glad to hear it bro http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Velrath
Oct 11, 2006, 02:26 PM
Ah cool you fixed it, good for you man. I wouldn't want any of PSOW to miss out on anything. You guys are like a virtual family (not really).

Zabot
Oct 11, 2006, 02:27 PM
go to system, then memory, when it shows yoru hard drive name press Y, then press X,X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. when it asks you watever it asks lol say yes, this clears a lot of cache which lags and bogs down your box, but it also gets rid of all of the game update, like halo 2 and watnot. but you can just get um again no biggie. Im getting my inner cooler at either EB Games, GameCrazy, or BestBuy, you could also try Target and other places that sell xbox 360 accessories. hope this helped, PM me back and tell me how it went ok.

Zabot
Oct 11, 2006, 02:29 PM
On 2006-10-11 12:26, Velrath wrote:
Ah cool you fixed it, good for you man. I wouldn't want any of PSOW to miss out on anything. You guys are like a virtual family (not really).

not really? hell i would give an arm for one of you guys. . . asuming you didnt ever like bash on me, i never thoguht of it that way but now that i do yea we kinda are. . . kinda kreepy but if you think about it not really http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ensong
Oct 11, 2006, 02:30 PM
On 2006-10-11 12:04, solidsolo wrote:
You should of ordered microsoft's 2-year warranty offer that came w/ the x360.. it was only $60 and the turn-around repair is only a couple days. They'll even replace it all together if its unfixable and you'll be back playing games in no time.

Heh ^ . ^ Thanks for the shout out.

Numnuttz
Oct 11, 2006, 02:31 PM
hmmm lets see thats not so bad. my system died already so i know how you feel.Microsoft is actually fast when repairing them. if they cant fix it they just give you a new one anyways.

Zelutos
Oct 11, 2006, 02:44 PM
Mine only froze once when i was checking my messages on Play Online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif