PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Guide?

Trinitystar
Oct 11, 2006, 03:44 PM
Being new to this game, I never played PSO.Should I get the Strategy Guide from EB games when I pick up my game or will I be alright without it? Also how many of you will or will not be getting it?

Axios-
Oct 11, 2006, 03:45 PM
It's definitely not something that's required. You can pick it up if you want to, but you probably won't have a problem just diving in. Personally, I won't be getting it. I believe that there's water in the pool.

DizzyDi
Oct 11, 2006, 03:52 PM
On 2006-10-11 13:44, Trinitystar wrote:
Being new to this game, I never played PSO.Should I get the Strategy Guide from EB games when I pick up my game or will I be alright without it? Also how many of you will or will not be getting it?

The most you'll probably will need to do is just read up the info that is given on this site.
Read about the classes, races, weapons, spells, and all that other hoo-ha and then just make your deciscions from there.

StanleyPain
Oct 11, 2006, 03:55 PM
I'm thinking of getting it and just not reading it until I'm deep into the game. The original PSO guide (back in the DC days) was extremely useful, if for nothign else than the level layout maps ny case, though, it was so helpful that it got nearly impossible to find. So...I'm considering grabbing one just to prepare.

ANIMEniac
Oct 11, 2006, 03:58 PM
yea i think this site will ultimately give u all that you need for offline and online play. i would probably pick it up at the store and thumb through it to se how they phrase things. but in the long run i dont dont think you will need to spend the 18 bucks for it when this site will probably wind up being twice as good and free ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ANIMEniac on 2006-10-11 13:59 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Oct 11, 2006, 04:04 PM
The only reason I typically get guides is for the artwork. Now if the artwork is good, and there's lots of it; I'd probably spring for a guide as well. But as the above posters said; this site will probably provide more than enough info you need for the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-11 14:05 ]</font>

Trinitystar
Oct 11, 2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif as long as there are city maps on here I should be ok I just don't want to be all lost but im sure I won't be the only one.I will just look at the book if it has alot to offer I may grab it.