PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about PSU

Ceravic
Oct 12, 2006, 01:27 AM
Now, I'm new to these boards but have dealt with the horror known as http://www.killingifrit.com so I'm sure I'm going to get trolled for asking this. There is a few questions I'm wondering though.

1. What level do you have to be to start leveling your support job, or do you have that ability to do so at the beginning.

2. Can you switch out your main and support jobs, or to level a new job do you have to make a new character.

3. Is there set types of sub jobs that are, for lack of a better term, the "best" for each main job. Like in FFXI /NIN > Everything. I want variety and flexability dammit!

To the people that respond with helpful, insightful answers to my questions, thanks. To the trolls, thanks too, because I come from FFXI so the drama just makes me feel more at home.

Epy1221
Oct 12, 2006, 01:29 AM
Theres no starting level, you start with a brand new character that starts from level one.

And you do have the ability to switch jobs, small fee (just in gameplay not real money)

Only three job types, Force, Ranger, Hunter

Class types are Human, Newman, Beast and Cast

Nani-chan
Oct 12, 2006, 01:31 AM
http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Expert_Classes
Character level and Job level are different. JL lvls up from missions I believe.

Ceravic
Oct 12, 2006, 01:31 AM
Ahh, thank you sir. Lets say if you switch from a level 20 force, to a ranger. If you were to switch back to force you get to keep your levels, right?

Ninja edit: Holy shit, a PSU wikipedia. Just what I need. Thanks for the link. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ceravic on 2006-10-11 23:32 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Oct 12, 2006, 01:35 AM
Okay, there's no such thing as a subjob in this game. You can only have one job at a time. From the start of the game, you only get Hunter Ranger and Force to pick from. But as you level each type you'll get expert types that can either be enhanced versions of the basic classes, or hybrid characters with traits from two different classes. These jobs aren't just main and subjob, they count as an entirely new job that you have to level seperate.

Jozon
yeah, I'm from FFXI so some of these questions most from FFXI ask(A LOT of people come from FFXI)

1. What level do you have to be to start leveling your support job, or do you have that ability to do so at the beginning.

You can level any of the 3(Hunter, Force, Ranger) from the beginning, certain races start as a class, such as beast=hunter, cast=ranger, newman=force, human=hunter(?), and I believe it costs money to switch from 1 class to the other

2. Can you switch out your main and support jobs, or to level a new job do you have to make a new character.

You can switch jobs and start leveling them at anytime, you don't have to make a new character

3. Is there set types of sub jobs that are, for lack of a better term, the "best" for each main job. Like in FFXI /NIN > Everything. I want variety and flexability dammit!

no, but some race combinations are "better", but you won't do horrible at anything, an dthey all have advantages, such as a beast force may not be as good at techs as a newman, but they can take a punch a lot better, and have more survivability, and with the addition of expert classes you can do a lot of combinations that can lead to interesting results.

Here's a link to expert class info:
http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1582

and what's needed for them:

Fortefighter: Hunter Lv.10
Fortegunner: Ranger Lv.10
Fortecher: Force Lv.10

Fighgunner: Hunter Lv.5 + Ranger Lv.3
Guntecher: Ranger Lv.5 + Force Lv.3
Wartecher: Hunter Lv.3 + Force Lv.5
Protranser: Hunter Lv.5 + Ranger Lv.5 + Force Lv.5

Judging from the images, these seem to be for on-line, as determined by weapon specialties.

Fortefighter
S-Rank Swords, Knuckles, Spear, Double Saber, Axe, Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, Saber, Dagger, Claw
A-Rank Handgun

Fortegunner
S-Rank Rifle, Shotgun, Launcher, Cannon, Twin Handgun, Handgun, Crossbow, Mechgun
A-Rank Spear, Saber, Dagger

Fortecher
S-Rank Longbow, Fan, Rod, Wand
A-Rank Spear, Twin Daggers, Saber, Dagger, Handgun

Fighgunner
S-Rank Double Saber, Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, Saber, Dagger
A-Rank Sword, Knuckles, Spears, Twin Claws, Claw, Twin Handguns, Handgun, Crossbow, Mechgun

Guntecher
S-Rank Rifle, Twin Handguns, Handgun, Mechgun
A-Rank Saber, Dagger, Shotgun, Longbow, Cannon, Crossbow, Fan, Wand

Wartecher
S-Rank Twin Dagger, Dagger, Wand
A-Rank Knuckles, Spear, Twin Sabers, Twin Claws, Saber, Claw, Longbow, Handgun, Fan

Protranser
A-Rank Sword, Knuckles, Spear, Axe, Saber, Shotgun, Launcher, Cannon, Handgun

DoubleJG
Yes, you're Force would still be level 20 if you were to ever switch back. Very similar in a sense to FFXI's job leveling system.

Ceravic
Oct 12, 2006, 01:46 AM
Thanks guys, especially Jozon explaining it from a FFXI term point of view lol.

bixus
Oct 12, 2006, 02:25 AM
Do you get different stat growth depending on what job you pick, or is that only based on your race?

Mag_Launcher
Oct 12, 2006, 02:31 AM
No, stat growth is only determined by race and gender. The classes are just stat bonuses added on.