PDA

View Full Version : Some famous rappers will be playing PSU (X360)

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 03:00 AM
NOTE: This topic is not for for hatters. Please don't flood. If you don't like the genre then read, but don't cause trouble.

I can't give you guys a source (nor gamertag..cuz I don't know), but there are a lot of rappers (including Three 6 Mafia, Mike Jones, Young Buck and Ice Cube) trying to get their hands on PSU. How do I know? Well I can't give the source (connections), but I don't know if they will actually be as active as all of us though.

I think it would be cool to see Ice Cube and Three 6 Mafia playing personally.

crazyrobot
Oct 12, 2006, 03:04 AM
:O Ice Cube!?!

ProfessorZ
Oct 12, 2006, 03:05 AM
LOL I hope Mike Jones gives out his gt on his next single

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 03:08 AM
On 2006-10-12 01:05, ProfessorZ wrote:
LOL I hope Mike Jones gives out his gt on his next single

LOL. It's probabilly Mike Jones knowing that he likes to say his name.

Miyoko
Oct 12, 2006, 03:09 AM
... My mind is screaming "STEREOTYYYYYPE" right now.

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 03:14 AM
On 2006-10-12 01:09, Miyoko wrote:
... My mind is screaming "STEREOTYYYYYPE" right now.

The above I listed are not sterotypes. Do a history search on them. They are the real deal...well I don't know about mike jones though.

lolichan
Oct 12, 2006, 03:31 AM
declared suckthread.

-Shimarisu-
Oct 12, 2006, 04:19 AM
Worst thread ever.

Kenshin075
Oct 12, 2006, 04:34 AM
I can't give you guys a source (nor gamertag..cuz I don't know), but there are a lot of poloticians (including Ted Stevens, Mike Foley, Dick Cheney, and others) trying to get their hands on PSU. How do I know? Well I can't give the source (connections), but I don't know if they will actually be as active as all of us though.

See, without a source nobody is going to believe you.

Mewn
Oct 12, 2006, 05:48 AM
lol, fame culture.

DizzyDi
Oct 12, 2006, 06:39 AM
I'd love to play with Ice Cube and Young Buck.
>:U screw the rest of you haters.
Any other rappers trying to join in on the fun?

ecchichuu
Oct 12, 2006, 06:42 AM
Hahaha. I didn't know rappers were into this type of game but hey, it's all good to me. If Paris Hilton wants to play too I'd be happy to kill some de ragons with her.

Magician
Oct 12, 2006, 06:45 AM
I wonder if Mike Jones is gonna repeat his avatar's name over and over just like he does his name in his raps?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 2006-10-12 04:46 ]</font>

oronll
Oct 12, 2006, 06:48 AM
im sure a lot of famous people play online games all the time . call me when yanni gets on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 12, 2006, 07:02 AM
Famous people playing online might want to remain anonymous regardless, unless they're forced to do it as some sort of marketing stipulation/media tie in.

I've heard about Robin Williams playing Quake some years back. Someone probably fragged him good eh?

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 07:16 AM
On 2006-10-12 05:02, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Famous people playing online might want to remain anonymous regardless, unless they're forced to do it as some sort of marketing stipulation/media tie in.

Thank you for pointing that out for the kiddies out there.

Sneakysanta
Oct 12, 2006, 07:26 AM
this thread fails/10

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 07:28 AM
I'm glad you guys are enjoying the thread.

Blenjar
Oct 12, 2006, 07:34 AM
Lol that do be kool.

-- Blen

DizzyDi
Oct 12, 2006, 07:40 AM
On 2006-10-12 05:28, Ryogen wrote:

I care about the thread Ryogen. ):
I wonder where you got this info though..

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 07:40 AM
There will be other artist on PSU. More in the Rock, Emo, and Heavy genre. I will see if I can get some names. I mean they are none I'm not quite interested in...but most of you may like it. Oh yeah, I'm not some normal PS fan, btw. But it's not about me, it's about the game right? Also I can't spill too or I get my peoples in trouble. Xbox.com might get a hold of some time of even. I'm not sure as of yet, becuase they do their own thing when it comes to marketing. Mike Jones is already doing somthing at the moment.

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 07:48 AM
On 2006-10-12 05:40, DizzyDi wrote:

On 2006-10-12 05:28, Ryogen wrote:

I care about the thread Ryogen. ):
I wonder where you got this info though..

I wish I could tell you bro, but I can't. It's from a source of gaming/media/music though. It actually hasn't hit public yet. Kinda like the rumors before sega announced open beta.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 12, 2006, 07:50 AM
It would be interesting if they played a bit.

I met some players over on Blue Burst claiming to be famous hip-hop stars.

Turned out one was just some super fanatic though, interested in trying to play other games than a stereotype of Madden Only!

The gaming parties held with celebrities usually look funny when certain people are attempting to play videogames. I can't wait for the pics.

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 07:56 AM
Some celebrities are good with gaming and some are ehh...Madden Only lol. That rememinds me, I wonder what Paris Hilton did with her X360.

Oh Oh! De La Soul MIGHT be on PSU as well. I don't know about this one, but I'll ask in a few hours.

Axel3792
Oct 12, 2006, 07:58 AM
I sense someone trying to be special...

</lamethread>

DizzyDi
Oct 12, 2006, 07:59 AM
De La Soul? Hellz yeah.
Ask about A Tribe Called Quest too, they're sopposed to make some special guest appearance on an NBA game. I wanna say NBA2k7 but I dunno, I don't follow sports games like that. I'd love to do some missions with Q-Tip. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mitz
Oct 12, 2006, 08:00 AM
I don't see why this is hard to believe. Artists play games too and 360 has leet graphics and such, and theyll have no problem paying.

I doubt they'll give out who they are though.

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 08:03 AM
On 2006-10-12 05:59, DizzyDi wrote:
De La Soul? Hellz yeah.
Ask about A Tribe Called Quest too, they're sopposed to make some special guest appearance on an NBA game. I wanna say NBA2k7 but I dunno, I don't follow sports games like that. I'd love to do some missions with Q-Tip. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'll check on that. It will be a few hours till I get in contact. I don't if there are any people who are wanting to know any infomation on any other artist eh?

I don't know. One of the rappers might be selected to do the little xbox.com promotion "game with fame" thing going on. All I know is names and the game and nothing else. He won't give me anything else.

CrazySwayzee
Oct 12, 2006, 08:05 AM
On 2006-10-12 01:00, Ryogen wrote:
NOTE: This topic is not for for hatters. Please don't flood. If you don't like the genre then read, but don't cause trouble.

I can't give you guys a source (nor gamertag..cuz I don't know), but there are a lot of rappers (including Three 6 Mafia, Mike Jones, Young Buck and Ice Cube) trying to get their hands on PSU. How do I know? Well I can't give the source (connections), but I don't know if they will actually be as active as all of us though.

I seriously hope your right, playing with famous rap stars and owning them in PSU would freakin awesome.

not many people can say theyve played a rapper in a videogame.....especially in a game like PSU.

I never knew the rapping community consisted of PSU fans.....

that is, if your news is correct....which it probably isnt

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 08:05 AM
On 2006-10-12 06:00, Rizeru wrote:
I don't see why this is hard to believe. Artists play games too and 360 has leet graphics and such, and theyll have no problem paying.

I doubt they'll give out who they are though.

Nope, and the people who do won't talk to me about that. So people can say what they want, but hey, people didn't beleive the X360 beta before it was announced so... :S

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 08:08 AM
On 2006-10-12 06:05, CrazySwayzee wrote:

On 2006-10-12 01:00, Ryogen wrote:

I seriously hope your right, playing with famous rap stars and owning them in PSU would freakin awesome.

not many people can say theyve played a rapper in a videogame.....especially in a game like PSU.

News is correct, but purpose of that news is still unknown to me. I don't know if they will be casual or behind an event as all I got is names and what game they will be tied to soon. That is all the infomation I can grab.

DizzyDi
Oct 12, 2006, 08:10 AM
On 2006-10-12 06:05, CrazySwayzee wrote:

Why is it such a stretch for people to believe that rappers are interested in RPGs and Fantasy games? Rappers are normal people too ya know. Theres a very large variety of personalities in the hip-hop world, not just the gangstas and drug dealers.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 12, 2006, 08:15 AM
On 2006-10-12 05:58, Axel3792 wrote:
I sense someone trying to be special...

</lamethread>

The people posting the same opinion and bashing, when the OP asked for such comments to not be in here, are the special people if you ask me.

Blueblur
Oct 12, 2006, 08:23 AM
Dumbest topic ever. Why even believe Ryogen?

BaZ2
Oct 12, 2006, 08:31 AM
Lol Ice Cube play Pso that would be so Awesome.

ProfessorZ
Oct 12, 2006, 08:39 AM
Its hard to believe because everyone thinks rappers only play Madden, NBA Live and GTA

BluCast20xx
Oct 12, 2006, 08:39 AM
Hey i dont mind them playing, celebrities are funny.

and no matter what, idiots trying to bash this thread are going to do it...its in their blood >.>

Valkayree
Oct 12, 2006, 09:27 AM
I'll try not to be a "hatter" then (by the way, it's just one "t"). South side Texas boys have been playing PSO for years, an insider B Swift played PSO for years and introduced a lot of the S.U.C people to it, but I can't say the same for Swishahouse. Personally I think Mike Jones lacks originality and got his fame by yelling his name over a beat and Swishahouse completely ripped off Screw's style after he died. Eh, off topic, my apologies.

XredX
Oct 12, 2006, 09:36 AM
lol ya NBA games >.> anywho now that you say that a rapper is going to play i wounder how many imitaters are gona try to act like them hmmm

Souppy
Oct 12, 2006, 09:40 AM
We could have a big party in one of the city and have a live concert of rap!!! (I'm on 360 so Ice Cube could sing some songs and we could *dance*)

Zarbolord
Oct 12, 2006, 09:42 AM
I don't really care about rappers or musicians playing, be they famous or what not. I'd like to see Scientists playing, that would be something new.

Phalynx
Oct 12, 2006, 09:43 AM
On 2006-10-12 07:40, Souppy wrote:
We could have a big party in one of the city and have a live concert of rap!!! (I'm on 360 so Ice Cube could sing some songs and we could *dance*)

Ill be sure to make sure the city gets lit on fire during that. And you know famous people are just that, PEOPLE, aside form their jobs, I just dont get why people get all over famous people nuts. "OMG, famous people do things that "regular" people do, like have hobbies like gaming! GASP!

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 09:43 AM
i wonder why there are hate post when it's been specifically said not to

Merumeru
Oct 12, 2006, 09:45 AM
X3 oo this might be just what we need to steal gamers from the 'EA Sports' ratio!

hypersaxon
Oct 12, 2006, 09:47 AM
Linkin Park will be playing PSU. They told me yesterday on Windows Live Messenger, so you know it's gotta be true!

PS I think Jay-Z is gonna play with them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Phalynx
Oct 12, 2006, 09:49 AM
On 2006-10-12 07:47, hypersaxon wrote:
Linkin Park will be playing PSU. They told me yesterday on Windows Live Messenger, so you know it's gotta be true!

PS I think Jay-Z is gonna play with them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Haha, The Pope himself told me he wanted to play.

Dingo
Oct 12, 2006, 09:56 AM
I'm no racist but this threadstarter has to be a wigger.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 12, 2006, 10:11 AM
On 2006-10-12 07:43, Phalynx wrote:

Ill be sure to make sure the city gets lit on fire during that. And you know famous people are just that, PEOPLE, aside form their jobs, I just dont get why people get all over famous people nuts. "OMG, famous people do things that "regular" people do, like have hobbies like gaming! GASP!

Then why would anyone want the said person to bring their job to the game? I don't want to go online and hear people talk about having fries with that, or talking about their math homework mid-gameplay, for example.

There isn't much sucking up to celebrities going on here and I for one can say this tidbit of info doesn't influence me in any way in getting this game or not. Its just interesting to note.

Would a fanboy freak out if his favorite bass player/Japanese game developer/J-Pop star/etc. plays a game he likes?

crazyrobot
Oct 12, 2006, 10:43 AM

awww lol I will sell the tickets!!!

adamgnome104
Oct 12, 2006, 10:47 AM
It's not that unheard of, 50 Cent has his own custom Nintendo DS and Marilyn Manson plays Phoenix Wright.

It's just that you don't give any source or news article on this...and it's not likely their name is going to be like Icecube and even if it was no one would believe them.

When you go online you get rid of any fame you have IRL and people will only want to play with you ifyou're nice and fun to play with.

DraginHikari
Oct 12, 2006, 10:53 AM
So? Even if a famous person did come on PSU it's unlikely you'd know it's them because they'd probably not make it obvious. And even if they do what does it matter? They'll just be another user anyway. Sorry but personally I believe we give celebrity too much credit.

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 10:53 AM
It'll probably be easy to spot a rapper. If they type the way they talk, it'll be a dead giveaway.

Pengfishh
Oct 12, 2006, 10:54 AM
I played Halo 2 with Daedelus once.

crazyrobot
Oct 12, 2006, 10:54 AM
On 2006-10-12 08:47, adamgnome104 wrote:
It's not that unheard of, 50 Cent has his own custom Nintendo DS and Marilyn Manson plays Phoenix Wright.

It's just that you don't give any source or news article on this...and it's not likely their name is going to be like Icecube and even if it was no one would believe them.

When you go online you get rid of any fame you have IRL and people will only want to play with you ifyou're nice and fun to play with.

still it would be kinda neat to endup playing online to find out a few months later the person you been playing the most with is like a rockstar.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 10:56 AM
if Bon Jovi goes online I think he'll choose a Human Hunter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 10:59 AM
I wonder what Oprah would choose? =o

FrogKicker
Oct 12, 2006, 11:02 AM
Sup beotches, this be Icecube and fo sho I will be playin PSU wif mah homies.

adamgnome104
Oct 12, 2006, 11:03 AM
On 2006-10-12 08:53, DraginHikari wrote:
So? Even if a famous person did come on PSU it's unlikely you'd know it's them because they'd probably not make it obvious. And even if they do what does it matter? They'll just be another user anyway. Sorry but personally I believe we give celebrity too much credit.

Yeah I'm going to have to agree with you.

watashiwa
Oct 12, 2006, 11:06 AM
Can't wait to see Ice Cube sitting in Holtez City, rapping over voice chat, promoting his next album..

Undubbed
Oct 12, 2006, 11:08 AM
On 2006-10-12 07:56, Dingo wrote:

I find that very offensive as a black person.

It's like implying that blacks should only be acting a certain way and vice versa for whites. That is pretty racist.

crazyrobot
Oct 12, 2006, 11:15 AM
On 2006-10-12 09:08, Undubbed wrote:

It's like implying that blacks should only be acting a certain way and vice versa for whites. That is pretty racist.

awww here is a rebuttal for you Undubbed... http://www.break.com/index/weird_al_white_and_nerdy.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crazyrobot on 2006-10-12 09:20 ]</font>

Undubbed
Oct 12, 2006, 11:19 AM
Wish I could view that site, but apparently Firefox can't display it...and I'm using Linux.

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind >_>

LOL, that Weird Al is still as funny as ever!

I'm still not quite sure what your point is though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Undubbed on 2006-10-12 09:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Undubbed on 2006-10-12 09:24 ]</font>

crazyrobot
Oct 12, 2006, 11:29 AM
awww lol kinda just a reason to make a link to his funny video n_~

don't really think ppl on this forum try to offend anyone on purpose.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crazyrobot on 2006-10-12 09:30 ]</font>

Undubbed
Oct 12, 2006, 11:32 AM
I saw this after seeing the video LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfwex5gfnWo

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 11:49 AM
Lol. I love the White and Dirty one.

Good one, robot. XD

EDIT: Or is it...White and Nerdy?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoiyami on 2006-10-12 09:50 ]</font>

stickee_stee
Oct 12, 2006, 12:03 PM
wigger comment was inappropriate. anyways, i had alot to say but my stupid laptop hit back on browser and lost my couple paragraphs. but yeh jus had to comment.

Undubbed
Oct 12, 2006, 12:10 PM
Man, what was this topic about again?

*Checks topic title*

Oh right, yeah. Rappers are cool.

phunk
Oct 12, 2006, 12:12 PM
No source, no credibility.

CpwninOBrien
Oct 12, 2006, 12:14 PM
OMG THIS IS AWESUM IS EMINEM PLAYIN????????????

Sev
Oct 12, 2006, 12:17 PM
It's an interesting bit of news actually.

Even without a source, it's not that hard to believe. If you saw me or talked to me, you wouldn't believe I have any of the interests I do... Well... Aside from my keychain. But with the way I look, it's normally assumed the only game I play would be Madden and that I can't write or speak proper english... Most people are surprised by it. Even more people are surprised if they've played a game online with me, and then see a picture of me or something along those lines. It's kinda irritating, but meh...

Anyway, I don't see why it's that surprising that celebrities would be playing this game. Even if no one believes your Ryogen, it doesn't really matter. If you know it's true then hey, who cares what anyone else thinks? It's no sweat off anyones back if you don't get a source, or if you don't get their Gamertags. If I was famous, I'd sure as hell not let anyone know. It's easy for people to talk about games that they play offline, but games that you play online... It's a different story.

Bleemo
Oct 12, 2006, 12:18 PM
Good.

I can finally tell Ice Cube that all Friday's sucked without Chris Tucker.

Natrokos
Oct 12, 2006, 12:23 PM
Are you trying to make me quit the game before I even get it?

I heard Screech plays WoW.

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 12:31 PM
On 2006-10-12 09:08, Undubbed wrote:

I also find the statement offensive as well. I'm black as well (even my guild knows). Asumming that someone is a certain race online just to make yourself feel better and to shout out a better "dis" yeah I find it racist.

I mean it's no worry over my sholders if people don't think it's true. I mean when people are proved wrong they usually just shut up, but I'm not going to bend to become some mean person here.

Sev
Oct 12, 2006, 12:53 PM
I'd be more offended by the fact that the existance of Rap/Hip Hop stars on a video game would turn them away. Mostly because this kinda thing doesn't happen with any other genre of music... That's just me though. I've long given up on caring about these sort of things, or trying to change peoples views cuz they are what they are. It's dumb, but hey... What isn't?

I can't find that comment racist though. It takes alot more then that to offend me, especially after most of the crap that I've heard or read... Counter-Strike anyone? More then that, they weren't being racist, just trying to make a comment based on a stereotype and they thought it would be funny (Failed btw). Stereotypes aren't really any good though, they sure as hell aren't going to disappear by being offended because of them though. If you're not part of said stereotype (Which most people aren't to begin with) then you shouldn't worry about it. They're things born out of ignorance and that's all there is too it. Now, you should probably get back on topic before this thread is locked down. And if it gets any more off topic you know what'll happen...

I hope you have a tight grip on your soul. XD

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 01:03 PM
On 2006-10-12 10:53, Sev wrote:
I'd be more offended by the fact that the existance of Rap/Hip Hop stars on a video game would turn them away. Mostly because this kinda thing doesn't happen with any other genre of music... That's just me though. I've long given up on caring about these sort of things, or trying to change peoples views cuz they are what they are. It's dumb, but hey... What isn't?

I can't find that comment racist though. It takes alot more then that to offend me, especially after most of the crap that I've heard or read... Counter-Strike anyone? More then that, they weren't being racist, just trying to make a comment based on a stereotype and they thought it would be funny (Failed btw). Stereotypes aren't really any good though, they sure as hell aren't going to disappear by being offended because of them though. If you're not part of said stereotype (Which most people aren't to begin with) then you shouldn't worry about it. They're things born out of ignorance and that's all there is too it. Now, you should probably get back on topic before this thread is locked down. And if it gets any more off topic you know what'll happen...

Nah, I defend others including myself at such failed jokes, althought it takes a lot to offend me as well, internet content hurting me is like trying to have a kitten shoot me with a gun. It's not possible, but I don't sit and watch someone make such a comment. I know if I made such a reversed, opposite attack it would start what's going down right now.

I'm just suprised that people mentioned the word with the rappers I have listed. So ya know, blind trolls in a topic, not my problem. Sterotype? Well there are people who talk about things they don't know (put that statement in deeper thought). BTW, I am the Soul Reaper...not kain...forgot his name. XD

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 01:04 PM

Nah, I defend others including myself at such failed jokes, althought it takes a lot to offend me as well, internet content hurting me is like trying to have a kitten shoot me with a gun. It's not possible, but I don't sit and watch someone make such a comment. I know if I made such a reversed, opposite attack it would start what's going down right now.

I'm just suprised that people mentioned the word with the rappers I have listed. So ya know, blind trolls in a topic, not my problem. Sterotype? Well there are people who talk about things they don't know (put that statement in deeper thought). BTW, I am the Soul Reaper...not kain...forgot his name. XD

Bleemo
Oct 12, 2006, 01:27 PM
On 2006-10-12 11:04, Ryogen wrote:
is like trying to have a kitten shoot me with a gun. It's not possible

Famous last words.

http://pichan.org/pc/images/1142/1140844505071.jpg

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 01:30 PM
Heh, that was pretty good.

DizzyDi
Oct 12, 2006, 03:32 PM
This thread is bursting with so much racism and stereotyping its not even funny. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Pure-chan
Oct 12, 2006, 03:37 PM
Mystery sources aside, I'll take Ryogen at his word. It's easy to dismiss this topic because it doesn't cite a source. At the same time, thinking that hiphop artists limit their gaming to Madden and NBA2K7 is buying into the hype way too much.

My bf is involved with music here in Seattle. We've met a handful of hiphop artits/DJ's/producers/etc. ...Just like pretty much everyone else in the 18-35 age group, a lot of them are gamers. Since PSU looks like a fun game, it wouldn't shock me at all to know that Mike Jones, or De La, (or anyone, really) had a char online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-10-12 13:38 ]</font>

Ecstasy
Oct 12, 2006, 03:51 PM
Now if Mushroomhead played that woulld be cool:) Yes i doubt anyone here know who they are, But i do and i think it would be cool:) Also i don't see a rapper playing a Cyber-Fantasy online RPG. Don't they have to uphld there whole im a tough mother fu**er image?

vg_geek86
Oct 12, 2006, 03:52 PM
Personally I could careless if they do/dont or what games they play. They're just as human as the rest of us, why the fuck care?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 12, 2006, 03:56 PM
On 2006-10-12 13:51, Ecstasy wrote:
Don't they have to uphld there whole im a tough mother fu**er image?

The Game has a tattoo of a butterfly, on his face.

"If you're a killer than how did you write your records?" -Planet Asia

The Roots among others were in the NBA 2k6 game Dizzy and in 2K7 they'll probably be in there as well alongside A Tribe Called Quest.

I've enjoyed the 2K games and music and really just play with the standard teams anyway, its just a bonus if you're into that stuff, and fluff if you're not.

Valkayree
Oct 12, 2006, 03:59 PM
On 2006-10-12 07:42, Zarbolord wrote:
I don't really care about rappers or musicians playing, be they famous or what not. I'd like to see Scientists playing, that would be something new.

My profession is a forensic scientist, so I guess that's one ^_^

Pure-chan
Oct 12, 2006, 04:03 PM
Now if Mushroomhead played that woulld be cool:)

By your logic, wouldn't Mushroomhead need to steer clear of an online RPG to uphold their whole "I'm a demented, mask/makeup wearing mother fu**er" image?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Mushroomhead2006_promo.jpg

...Rap, metal, whatever, entertainment is 99.8% image.

i don't see a rapper playing a Cyber-Fantasy online RPG. Don't they have to uphld there whole im a tough mother fu**er image?

That would be the hype I was referring to people buying into. Away from the camera, a lot of entertainers are just normal people. Married. Kids. The whole deal. The ones that aren't ...well they're just too busy believing their own hype. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-10-12 14:05 ]</font>

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 04:04 PM
they are rich and famous of course they can afford to play this if they feel like it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sevenfold
Oct 12, 2006, 04:06 PM
Now if Mushroomhead played that woulld be cool:) Yes i doubt anyone here know who they are, But i do and i think it would be cool:) Also i don't see a rapper playing a Cyber-Fantasy online RPG. Don't they have to uphld there whole im a tough mother fu**er image?

HELL YES. Metal ftw.

Goose
Oct 12, 2006, 04:38 PM
Anyone can get on and play the game, I don't understand what the big deal is. I could start a topic saying X artist is going to be playing X game and probably be right. Even though those rappers may end up playing the game, I do not think that Ryogen has any real sources or "connections" with famous people. He's probably some gullable little kid who was told this information by someone he talks to online.

Sev
Oct 12, 2006, 05:04 PM
Ya know what annoys me most? People who always think they know just what someone else is doing.

If you don't believe him, then fine. But you don't know his age, you don't know who he is, so how do you just assume that he's a gullible little kid who was told the information? Seriously, is it that hard to believe that someone has a job in the entertainment industries and plays games?

If he's right, then that's fine. If he's not, that's fine to. It's just a topic to spur some interest and he knows that without a source, most people aren't going to believe it. I personally, don't care. That doesn't really change the fact that it would be interesting news if they do play. Not for me, but for all the people that just HAVE to buy into the stereotype that Rap/Hip Hop artists wouldn't play a game like this. It just shows that most people don't know most of the artists in the first place, they just see what's on TV and take it as the end all be all of the genre. And this is gonna get way off topic so I'm just gonna stop. It's not like my ranting will make people get over anything.

Parn
Oct 12, 2006, 05:07 PM
If you're not part of said stereotype (Which most people aren't to begin with) then you shouldn't worry about it. They're things born out of ignorance and that's all there is too it.
Nonsense. Most stereotypes form based on a common trend, and are more often correct than not. Getting mad at a stereotype is pretty silly anyways. If you fit the bill, so what? If you don't, you're an exception then... so what?

I mean, my apologies if anyone here thinks I'm being offensive when I say most black people love fried chicken and watermelon, but go ahead and try to tell me it's not true. And if you're a black person that doesn't like fried chicken and watermelon, well, congratulations!

It's kind of like how most Asians are assumed to have small genitalia. I'm sure some Asians on this forum will get mad at me now, but there's a reason why Asian females prefer non-Asian males. You all know it's true. Since I'm half-Asian, there's approximately a 50/50 chance that I might fit the bill myself! I'll let you all dwell on that one.

I'm sorry, but stereotypes are hilarious because again, they're more often correct than they aren't. Fat people are fat because they eat too much food, and telling me this statement is made in ignorance is only partially correct, because with a case-by-case basis, I'd be considerably more right than wrong, and generalizations are made because we don't have the time to get to know every single person. Maybe Fatty McFatpants has a disorder that prevents his metabolism from functioning properly, but the other 50 fat people in the room probably consume Little Debbie snack cakes more often than they should.

Sev
Oct 12, 2006, 05:21 PM
On 2006-10-12 15:07, Parn wrote:

If you're not part of said stereotype (Which most people aren't to begin with) then you shouldn't worry about it. They're things born out of ignorance and that's all there is too it.
Nonsense. Most stereotypes form based on a common trend, and are more often correct than not. Getting mad at a stereotype is pretty silly anyways. If you fit the bill, so what? If you don't, you're an exception then... so what?

I mean, my apologies if anyone here thinks I'm being offensive when I say most black people love fried chicken and watermelon, but go ahead and try to tell me it's not true. And if you're a black person that doesn't like fried chicken and watermelon, well, congratulations!

It's kind of like how most Asians are assumed to have small genitalia. I'm sure some Asians on this forum will get mad at me now, but there's a reason why Asian females prefer non-Asian males. You all know it's true. Since I'm half-Asian, there's approximately a 50/50 chance that I might fit the bill myself! I'll let you all dwell on that one.

I'm sorry, but stereotypes are hilarious because again, they're more often correct than they aren't. Fat people are fat because they eat too much food, and telling me this statement is made in ignorance is only partially correct, because with a case-by-case basis, I'd be considerably more right than wrong, and generalizations are made because we don't have the time to get to know every single person. Maybe Fatty McFatpants has a disorder that prevents his metabolism from functioning properly, but the other 50 fat people in the room probably consume Little Debbie snack cakes more often than they should.

Stereotypes CAN be hilarious. I can't argue with you there.

More often then not though, when they're used it makes people uncomfortable. To be honest, there's a good bit of stereotypes that are wrong, or simply don't make sense. If only black people ate fried chicken, KFC wouldn't be in business. Most of you know for a fact, that the Japanese love watermelon. So where do you go with that? Penis size is not restricted to race, end of story. And hey, I know alotta white people that can dance. These are things that's really were never correct to begin with, people just kinda make 'em up and assign 'em to speciffic places.

Now, when I don't do things that are considered "Black" people like to talk about how I act "White." And yes, I hate that. I'm not acting anything, I'm just being myself which the last time I checked... Was perfectly fine. I ignore them myself, that doesn't mean that they aren't made in ignorance... Because they are. And if you don't believe it, you must not be on the receiving end of alot of them.

Parn
Oct 12, 2006, 05:36 PM
On 2006-10-12 15:21, Sev wrote:
If only black people ate fried chicken, KFC wouldn't be in business. Most of you know for a fact, that the Japanese love watermelon. So where do you go with that?
The stereotype is that black people love fried chicken and watermelon, not only black people love fried chicken and watermelon. Go to any gathering that includes food in the south, and you'll see why the stereotype formed. The only thing the south doesn't deep fry is water, because they haven't figured out how to coat it in breading yet.

Penis size is not restricted to race, end of story.
And yet, most Asians are physically smaller than the rest of the world, and so their genitalia is smaller as a result, hence the stereotype.

And hey, I know alotta white people that can dance.
I know a lot of white people that can jump too, but there's a good reason why most basketball teams have more blacks than whites.

These are things that's really were never correct to begin with, people just kinda make 'em up and assign 'em to speciffic places.
Nope.

Now, when I don't do things that are considered "Black" people like to talk about how I act "White." And yes, I hate that. I'm not acting anything, I'm just being myself which the last time I checked... Was perfectly fine. I ignore them myself, that doesn't mean that they aren't made in ignorance... Because they are.
Maybe they're saying that because you (gasp) are in the minority.

And if you don't believe it, you must not be on the receiving end of alot of them.
I've been on the receiving end of Asian stereotypes since I was 5. I fit some of them, and some of them I don't. Let's cry about it.

vg_geek86
Oct 12, 2006, 05:40 PM
Lolz
Parn has t3h small peter.

vg_geek86
Oct 12, 2006, 05:41 PM
double post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vg_geek86 on 2006-10-12 15:46 ]</font>

vg_geek86
Oct 12, 2006, 05:41 PM
triple post!?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vg_geek86 on 2006-10-12 15:47 ]</font>

DraginHikari
Oct 12, 2006, 05:46 PM
*blinks* My understanding of those kind of sterotypes are a little weak but if you don't mind me asking... what exactly is a wigger oO

vg_geek86
Oct 12, 2006, 05:49 PM
On 2006-10-12 15:46, DraginHikari wrote:
*blinks* My understanding of those kind of sterotypes are a little weak but if you don't mind me asking... what exactly is a wigger oO

Its slang/street/jive for someone that acts black and really isnt.

Parn
Oct 12, 2006, 05:51 PM
Here you go (http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Wigger).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-10-12 15:51 ]</font>

vg_geek86
Oct 12, 2006, 05:55 PM
"There was also a rap group called W.W.A. (Wiggaz With Attitude), a parody of N.W.A.. However, after one of its members was killed by Mr. T for being a wigga, the band broke up because they were scared that the same thing might happen to them."

Ecks friggin dee!

Yoiyami
Oct 12, 2006, 05:56 PM
How in the world did a thread about some celebrities playing PSU turn into a debate about stereotypes and racism?

Stereotypes are formed due to ignorance, nothing more. Reading anything more into those generalizations is rather sad. Stereotypes these days are for comedy purposes only, don't tell me someone is taking them seriously?

Tons of people love fried chicken and watermelon, tons of men have small penises, tons of people can't jump (me included), ect. This is why stereotypes are hilarious. Because a race or group of people are taken out of those tons of people and are generalized or labeled. We know that stereotypes aren't true because they're generalizations (look it up), so we laugh when someone uses a stereotype whether it's with them or at them.

If you can't laugh at someone pointing at a black guy eating fried chicken at a table full of white and asian guys who're also eating fried chicken yelling "Omg, it's true! All black people do like fried chicken!", then you just aren't truly living life to the fullest. Silly hangups. XD

Drown
Oct 12, 2006, 05:58 PM
Stereotypes are bad! Haven't you ever been to a third-grade elementary school class, or seen a holiday cartoon special?

Besides, the argument is a little pointless.

We seem to have gotten pretty far from Ryogen's intended topic, have we not?

Drown
Oct 12, 2006, 05:58 PM
Damn refreshing pages. Double post!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drown on 2006-10-12 16:00 ]</font>

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 06:05 PM
I'd have to say Sev and Yoiyami pretty much sumed up what I would have said if I was here. People who don't take the time to learn, but generalize is ignorant nontheless. Believing what they see and hear rather than studing, investigating, and researching to obtain one's own knowledge would be somewhat ignorant as well.

Now I know the trolls have taken away the point of this topic and I did question myself about it if this ever happed (gotta be prepaired in a forums like this), but now that this discussion on sterotypes and racism is done (not much can be said unless another troll comes in), maybe we can get back on topic.

I'm not here to talk about all that stuff, but to tell you who will possibly be playing PSU. I honstely think a celeb taking the time to play a type of RPG is pretty good to know in my opinion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-10-12 16:06 ]</font>

Itoshi
Oct 12, 2006, 06:09 PM
Hey, This isn't too bad of news. I mean, It would be sort of cool to play with a rapper. I mean, I really just like playing with other people. It's just..really fun!

Drown
Oct 12, 2006, 06:10 PM
I remember on Xbox they always had promotions like "some famous guy" will be playing "this game" tonight, beat him and win a t-shirt!

I think a lot of famous people play games, I just think they remain anonymous to avoid talking to every annoying fan they run across. I know that is what I'm gonna do when I become famous.

BlueInfinity
Oct 12, 2006, 06:12 PM
Hmm I wonder if leeroy jenkins will play psu?

Drown
Oct 12, 2006, 06:14 PM
God help us all!

BlueInfinity
Oct 12, 2006, 06:15 PM
lol id buy the 360 version just to hear that famous LEEEEEEROY JEEENNNKIIIIINNNS!!!

Animosity
Oct 12, 2006, 06:17 PM
if u dont give a source then your not credible watch:

OSAMA BIN LADEN IS GOING TO PLAY PSU!!!!!!!! but cant tell you the source.

do u believe me?

Ryogen
Oct 12, 2006, 06:17 PM
Leeroy Jenkins eh. You can't pull that off too well in PSU. You'll just end up bing cornered with three monsters comming out the ground around you.

Scrub
Oct 12, 2006, 06:18 PM
I'd fucking buy a good PC so I DONT hear that LEEERRROOOYYY JEEEENKIIIINS.

Why do no internet jokes die gracefully?

BlueInfinity
Oct 12, 2006, 06:20 PM
On 2006-10-12 16:18, Scrub wrote:
I'd fucking buy a good PC so I DONT hear that LEEERRROOOYYY JEEEENKIIIINS.

Why do no internet jokes die gracefully?

because nothing ever dies when it's on the internet.

Goose
Oct 12, 2006, 06:42 PM
Out of the hundreds of thousands of people going to be playing this game in total after it's release, there's bound to be a few celebs and famous people playing it. It's sooo not a big deal, even if they are rappers and "beating the stereotype." Lock this topic.

Parn
Oct 12, 2006, 06:52 PM
On 2006-10-12 16:05, Ryogen wrote:
I honstely think a celeb taking the time to play a type of RPG is pretty good to know in my opinion.
Why's that? You wouldn't happen to be generalizing celebrities and playing RPGs, now would you?

People generalize all the time. You did it twice in the very post where you complained about generalizations and stereotypes. It's part of what inspired you to make this thread in the first place. It's also funny how you start deviating in your own thread immediately after complaining about others deviating in it.

rekwiem
Oct 12, 2006, 07:28 PM
project pat from three six mafia made a good googly moogly song.... just thoought id throw that in there

Goose
Oct 12, 2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah I know, haha. But the ferocious beast from my sig used to say, "great googly moogly" though, I think. I just used "googly" cuz the song was getting popular at the time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif