PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Release date change?

NightStorm
Oct 12, 2006, 09:10 AM
Just left IGN where I was greeted with a Sega banner ad that stated "in stores OCT 27th". Ugh... time to reset the countdown to launch clock back 3 days I guess.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 09:12 AM
aaaaaaaah that's terrible! I feared a delay and it looks like it might be true.

but my guess the Xbox360 version ight get delayed but PC and PS2 still get it the 24th. that's what happened with Mortal Kombat Armageddon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zabot
Oct 12, 2006, 09:13 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
. . . DAMNIT

Source please?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zabot on 2006-10-12 07:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zabot on 2006-10-12 07:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zabot on 2006-10-12 07:17 ]</font>

Valkayree
Oct 12, 2006, 09:15 AM
Eh, gamestop still says 24th, official site still says 24th. What makes Ign gods of all that is correct?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valkayree on 2006-10-12 07:16 ]</font>

mogshaz
Oct 12, 2006, 09:16 AM
Ok, fist off, thanks for fudging up the threads scroll zabot. second is its only been delayed 3 days. come on guys don't lose it over this.

Velrath
Oct 12, 2006, 09:17 AM
Uh... Someone posted this in a thread yesterday with a pic and everything but it seems everyone just ignored him...

I, myself would like to know if this is true because the gamestores still say the 24th.

Saner
3 days is still 3 days!!!

we don't want these games for the sake of waiting to play them!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zabot
yea PSU.com still says 24th what gives?

NightStorm
Well.. I'm getting PS2 so that would be nice if it's PS2 on the 24th but the ad had all 3 boxes in it along with the date of the 27th. O well...hey at least it wasnt delayed a month or something terrible like that. See you all on the 27th! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Valkayree
Oct 12, 2006, 09:19 AM
Like I said, what makes IGN gods of all that is correct? I'd say that they can get it wrong just like the others.

Zabot
Oct 12, 2006, 09:19 AM
*ignores saner and thinks* hmm, this sucks, i want to play it, i just fixed my xbox to play this damn amazing awsome exciting game, i dont want to wait anymore, the beta is one thing, the actuall game is another

wildstar
Oct 12, 2006, 09:21 AM
On 2006-10-12 07:19, Zabot wrote:
*ignores saner and thinks* hmm, this sucks, i want to play it, i just fixed my xbox to play this damn amazing awsome exciting game, i dont want to wait anymore, the beta is one thing, the actuall game is another

Why are you ignoring Saner? You seem to be saying the exact same thing.

NightStorm
Oct 12, 2006, 09:21 AM
Actually Valkayree it was a SEGA banner ad on IGN, advertised by SEGA not by IGN. But in the ad it says "in stores Oct 27th" but if you click the ad (just went back to IGN and refreshed my screen until I found the ad again) it goes to SEGA's site which still says the 24th...so...who knows. (crosses fingers)

SephYuyX
Oct 12, 2006, 09:22 AM
Why do people go by what IGN says? IGN is the WORST source for anything.

Velrath
So far it feels like SoA is just trying to get on my bad side. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

wildstar
Maybe since 24th is the date the games actually ship to the stores they're estimating all stores will definitely have PSU by the 27th?

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 09:25 AM
it if ships one day, all stores will definitely have it the day after.

Zabot
Oct 12, 2006, 09:27 AM
cuz he keeps sayin the same thing LOL, i agree, but look at all the other topics. . . lol saner you make me laugh. you a coo dude. lol peace. and to stay on topic of this topic, aaarrrrggggg rawr, growl, moan, meow. . . i dont want to wait, that 3 days i could be levelin. . i believe that as long as the official site says 24th then it is. maybe they just meant like in certain places. i live in a place where we dont get stuff till like a few days after it comes out. pisses me off. rawrg.

Souppy
Oct 12, 2006, 09:27 AM
Are you talking about the same IGN that gave a bad review of NHL 07 because there wasn't any Create-A-Player when there actually is an obvious ''Create-A-Player'' option?

But like some said before, the game launches on the 24th but it might take 1 to 3 days to get it in NA. Maybe it's just IGN's shipping date. (you beat me to it)lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-10-12 07:29 ]</font>

Axel3792
Oct 12, 2006, 10:13 AM
On 2006-10-12 07:17, Saner wrote:
3 days is still 3 days!!!

we don't want these games for the sake of waiting to play them!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Or you could just chill out. Just a game, not a promotion or something nice like that.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 10:15 AM
IGN is a great soruce for videos. they play really smooth and look great! but ya that's about it.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 12, 2006, 10:18 AM
New game/movie/music releases usually fall on Tuesdays, so the 24th would be spot on.

Every now and then select things get pushed back a day to a Wednesday or what have you.

Probably a typo since there's been nothing on the official sites/news feeds yeah?

Pikku
Oct 12, 2006, 10:19 AM
It is a promotion. From PSO to PSU MAAAAAN!
But either way...
Theres 2 explanation to IGN:
1. The game shipped on the 24th and not sold until every store has the game (giving them 3 days just in case or maybe even 2 or 1)
2. IGN = IGNorant.... theyve been dumb in the past... **** them.

Numnuttz
Oct 12, 2006, 10:22 AM
well if they do push it back that means they want to tinker with teh servers a little more because that can be the only reason. well that or they need to make more copies of the game. either way we still get teh game in 2 weeks. if thaats teh cause though hopefully they'lll extend the 360 beta.

SephYuyX
Oct 12, 2006, 10:23 AM
On 2006-10-12 08:15, Saner wrote:
IGN is a great soruce for videos. they play really smooth and look great! but ya that's about it. Youtube.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 10:25 AM
well ya youtube is quick and easy to view videos but their quality is extremely watered down. but ya its the best source to put up videos without the hassle of downloading.

chewydawg
Oct 12, 2006, 10:35 AM
well youtube is gonna get alot better since google bought it for 1.65 billion $$$$$$ i'm expecting youtube to be better than ign

NightStorm
Oct 12, 2006, 10:35 AM
I'll try to clarify this just one more time. For everyone sayig IGN is Idiots. I AGREE. However the Advertisement banner that is on the site is paid for by SEGA, and made by SEGA, not by IGN. It's not IGN reporting it. It's SEGA advertising it. Get it? As far as IGN itself having false information...I agree. Thats why I would never post something they themselves report. I only posted this because it was an advertisement from SEGA, and the same banner was a pop up on Gamespot too. But yes it's only 3 days, and lets hope they stick with the 24th... if not see everyone 3 days later. Either way, hooray for October!

Axel3792
Oct 12, 2006, 10:38 AM
On 2006-10-12 08:35, NightStorm wrote:
I'll try to clarify this just one more time. For everyone sayig IGN is Idiots. I AGREE. However the Advertisement banner that is on the site is paid for by SEGA, and made by SEGA, not by IGN. It's not IGN reporting it. It's SEGA advertising it. Get it? As far as IGN itself having false information...I agree. Thats why I would never post something they themselves report. I only posted this because it was an advertisement from SEGA, and the same banner was a pop up on Gamespot too. But yes it's only 3 days, and lets hope they stick with the 24th... if not see everyone 3 days later. Either way, hooray for October!

Hooray, you said it brother.

Melian_PSUO
Oct 12, 2006, 10:52 AM
Interesting, but could you give the exact urls where you saw those adds? I guess we would just have to refresh the pages to se by ourselves that what you say is true...

solidsolo
Oct 12, 2006, 10:53 AM
guys guys guys... they would never release a game on a friday.. comeon... it's always on a Tuesday (which is the 24th) stop worrying.. IGN has no credibility.

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 10:54 AM
ya funny the banner is not made by IGN

and ppl are already making IGN the scapegoat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

NightStorm
Oct 12, 2006, 11:02 AM
Wish I could give you a URL, but its a rotating banner, so to get it again I had to keep refreshing the page... it was on the Justice league heroes game page the first time, if that helps. Then I had to go back there again and keep refreshing the page until that same ad popped up. Had to go through about 10 other ads til it came up again, some of them twice. So its random. Even if I had a url, you may get a different ad. I apologize.

NightStorm
Oct 12, 2006, 11:08 AM
Oh and by the way... I worked in retail doing marketing for Sony previously. Games are not on the same schedule as new releases for movies. They have Tues, Weds, Fri, sometimes even Monday street dates. Movies and Music are typically always Tues unless there is a special promotion dictating otherwise. Check any Best Buy, Circuit City ad , etc... Youll always see little blurbs next to new release games saying avail Thurs, or Weds, or Fri..etc. But right now this is SEGA advertising one thing with a banner ad they created, and another thing on the very website the banner ad links to. So right now all we can do is wait and see. Unless one of us actually works for SEGA....

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 11:09 AM
Foxix works for Sega! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

NightStorm
Oct 12, 2006, 11:11 AM
Cool!! Wish I had THAT job. <<<<< loves SEGA

Ryna
Oct 12, 2006, 11:15 AM
If the game is scheduled to ship on the 24th, it will be in stores on the 25th/26th. So the advertisement isn't necessarily wrong. With those assumptions, the game will be in stores on the 27th.

NightStorm
Oct 12, 2006, 11:20 AM
Thank you Ryna.

drakkula
Oct 12, 2006, 11:40 AM
ok....the games will be in stores on the 27th....but what about the website we have pre-ordered PSU from? my case, http://www.videogamesplus.ca......would they start shipping on the 24th?

Saner
Oct 12, 2006, 11:45 AM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154387

wow 1up sure is anxious to play.

parabolee
Oct 12, 2006, 12:19 PM
Yes Drakkula, it usually means that they will ship it to you on the 24th.

The advertisment is just making sure that people who see it and go to the store because of the ad get there and find the game already there. They can't say the 24th because in all likelyhood it won't be in any stores on the 24th. 25th is when most stores will get it, BUT they will get it around midday whenever therew deliveries arrive. What do you want them to put -

"COMES TO STORES ON THE 25th ARROUND MIDDAY (or whenever UPS arrives)"

They are just listing the first date you can walk into the store and pick it up at any time.

AnamanaAU
Oct 12, 2006, 08:07 PM
I saw this advert on xfire myself;
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6097/psuadvj0.jpg

Slitz
Oct 12, 2006, 08:09 PM
IGN... is actually a kick ass source for aslot of everything... ;l

Candor
Oct 12, 2006, 08:11 PM
On 2006-10-12 08:53, solidsolo wrote:
guys guys guys... they would never release a game on a friday.. comeon... it's always on a Tuesday (which is the 24th) stop worrying.. IGN has no credibility.

Too true, I almost wish it came out on the 27th just so I could be there on the first day.

bodmodkub
Oct 12, 2006, 08:13 PM
Rarely do any games come out on anything but a Tues, unless it's delayed in shipping. I doubt it'd release on a friday.

Merc
Oct 12, 2006, 08:31 PM
I agree that IGN isn't a reliable source for information. They are often wrong on things like that, but still, if that's true, I'm going to be really irritated. So lets hope it's still the 24th.

Kireek101
Oct 12, 2006, 08:35 PM
27th? thats retarded T.T *sigh*

Shye
Oct 12, 2006, 08:37 PM
That ad is the only thing stating the 27th as the release date, so I'm not worried about it.

Bleemo
Oct 12, 2006, 08:42 PM
On 2006-10-12 10:19, parabolee wrote:
Yes Drakkula, it usually means that they will ship it to you on the 24th.

The advertisment is just making sure that people who see it and go to the store because of the ad get there and find the game already there. They can't say the 24th because in all likelyhood it won't be in any stores on the 24th. 25th is when most stores will get it, BUT they will get it around midday whenever therew deliveries arrive. What do you want them to put -

"COMES TO STORES ON THE 25th ARROUND MIDDAY (or whenever UPS arrives)"

They are just listing the first date you can walk into the store and pick it up at any time.

This pretty much ends the thread.

The fact they stated "In stores on Oct. 27th" makes it already a different story than "Ships on Oct. 27th."